So, what are we doing with this typewriter?

So, what are we doing with this typewriter?

Postby kimp » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:51 am

:: Liberty sits down at a table in the diner, pulls out a small notebook, and starts writing. Occasionally she flips back a page, crosses something out, writes something else in a margin, flips back. She lifts her head, gazes off into the distance, then refocuses and writes something else. A head tilt, another note. Then she looks up and around the space, sweeping the area with a gaze, then focusing on the door before she pushes up and ambles into the kitchen area, leaving the notebook open on the table as she does so. ::

Anyone here?
:: she calls out in the kitchen ::
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Re: So, what are we doing with this typewriter?

Postby Sally » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:21 am

Sally half-stumbled out of the kitchen. The bleary, dark-circled eyes, the general dishevelment, and the stoop would imply the Lautner had fallen off the wagon...then been run over by it a few times. But his words are clear- as clear as Sally's words ever are- when he says,

"Hey there, Blue. What's got that sharp-sided brain a yers bothered?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby kimp » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:11 pm

Sally

:: she eyes him, then gives a subtle jerk of her head ::
Sit?

:: without waiting to see if he follows she goes over to the fireplace and drops down on the hearth ::
At the party Red mentioned how the conversation regarding how to move forward with the Typewriter Issue fizzled and asked if we could get everyone together to talk. She had her notes at the time. But things happened and we didn't do that. I was hoping maybe we could get a quiet conversation going in here if enough interested people were around.

:: she shrugs. ::
You never know who you'll find in here.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Sally » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:41 am

Sally, looking a bit woozy, gladly takes the chance to sit by the fire.

"Tha's a fair plan-" he squints, "I got the half a tha map," Sally says, patting the NOT TODAY pouch on his belt, "But I ain't exactly at full, uh, men-tall capacity right now. Dunno what good 'd come 'a me makin' up some sorta story to try an shift..." he tried to find the words that Jasper had left for them.

"Tell me you got better idea 'a what we gon' do?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby kimp » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:06 pm

:: Liberty lifts a finger in the universal 'one dragon's sign, goes over to the table she abandoned, grabs her notebook, and returns. Dropping back down on the hearth she flips through the pages, then looks up with a frown ::
Try and shift what? Is that something Mr North Saud last time?

:: Giving him a moment to think, collect his thoughts or himself, etc... she continued in the earlier vein ::

One of the important things we need to ask ourselves is are there three elements of the story that need action - North, Mo, the Killer - or are there four - those three and Us. It seems like we've been written into the story several times. That was reported by...

:: she flips a few pages of her notebook ::
Kelsey, I think, from an earlier encounter and by several of you from this last time. You all seemed to be actively affected by the magic of the story, suggesting you were now part of it. If we are part of the story then we need to be part of the resolution of it or we could remain affected by the magic even if we are able to release No, North, and the Killer.

:: Another few flips of pages. A slight frown ::
Red has much better notes on this.

:: she reads a page then looks up ::
I noted that some people want the resolution to be that North saves Mo. Others would like Mo to save herself. Others thought it would make a good story of we brought the dead lover back in - he wasn't really dead so Mo didn't need to cling to the belief that she deserves to do penance or they could end up HEA. We are still all over the page on this. It comes from different people having different stories that work best for them. What we need to do is come up with a story that works for everyone involved including Mo and North, I think. Otherwise we might end up with unresolved issues continuing the narrative.

:: she clocks her head slightly ::
Does that make sense?
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby ronfiction » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:05 pm

At some point during the conversation, Lou had entered the diner and started into his normal routine of cleaning the building. With broom in hand he got on with his task and eventually made his way over to the two who where in the building.

"Sally, move your feet for a second bro."

Lou says as he sweeps around the two of them.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby kimp » Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:42 am

:: Liberty leans back, lifting her feet, bending one knee and tucking the foot of that leg under the thigh of the other to keep the other foot slightly elevated ::

Lou. If you were an animal what animal would you be?
:: she goes silent, cocks her head, and then frowns and shakes her head slightly ::
That slipped out
:: she raises her brows and rolls her eyes subtly ::
We were talking about the ending of
:: air quotes ::
The Story. How do you think it should end?
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby ronfiction » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:11 pm

Lou stops mid sweep and considers the animal question. He doesn't normally put much stock into questions like that but is at a loss for an answer. He removes his hat and rubs the top of his head with it. He looks at the black and yellow B on it and then smirks.

"I'd have to say bear... You know, like a bruin, not like the ones from Chicago."

Lou says seemingly pleased with his off the hip answer.

"What story are you talking about?"

Lou asked, seemingly having missed whatever her and Sally were talking about.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby kimp » Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:46 pm

:: a speculative look and a small smile at the corner of her mouth, followed by a low voiced ::
A bear. Actually makes sense.

:: she shakes her head and goes back on task ::
Mo's story. After the last encounter with North Sally believes...

:: she pauses to look to Sally ::
You believe or you were told?

:: back again to Lou ::
Sally says the story needs to be completed to make this thing go away. You've been in on this since that first picnic, and you tied yourself to it by writing yourself into that first story, so you have a stake in the outcome.

So, how do you think Mo, North, and the Hired Help's story should end? Also, do you think we need to be part of the ending too?
Last edited by kimp on Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby ronfiction » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:23 am

Lou cringes at the mention of the typewriter and all that horribleness. He shakes his head and leans his broom up against the nearby wall and shoved his hands in his pockets.

"Oh, all that stuff. Yeah, I'm never typing while drunk at a party again."

Lou says and thinks on all the weirdness that had come from the situation. They had finally started to make some progress on all the ghost stuff and then Lou had his world rocked by a blast from the past.

"I don't know. I have to say I would like to have a good ending. But something tells me that around these parts that sort of thing is not par for the course."
ronfiction

Next

Return to AAA Diner