Packing up

Re: Packing up

Postby Sally » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:20 pm

Sally, glad to hear that the alcohol front is covered, will bounce between Nick and Gus's comments, and add,

"'s far as I remember, varmints are still open season through mid-April. Weasels and such. And, there's all-ways bigger game to be had, like the 'Squatch. A man might appreciate an M27 or an AK in that sorta situation. But, truth be told, I'd be pickled as pigs feet just to get my sidearm back. Feel damn lopsided wit-out 'er." He pats at his hip.

"So, am I hearin' it right that we're gonna hafta lock up our god-given right to bear arms?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Sally » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:21 pm

[deleting duplicate]
Last edited by Sally on Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby liahgeron » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:03 pm

Gil rolls out of bed and waves a tired good morning to the folks talking.

"Speaking of our gear. *yawn* What do you think the chances are of them compensating us for any damage it's built up. I can't imagine that they've been particularly diligent about maintenance. For that matter, think they'll compensate us for the inconvenience of being their guests for nigh on 7 months? My thesis advisor is getting a bit anxious about me finishing before our grant runs out. Heck, I'd take Amzon credit at this point. Do you know how many movies I wanted to watch came out over the holidays!"

Gil grumbles a bit more before hopping up and moving closer to join the group.
liahgeron

Postby Nick Sleet » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:36 pm

"Probably zilch," Nick says, fishing out his tie from where it had fallen under a cot. "Bureaucracy isn't going to cough up money easily."

He rummages through his notes.

"And yeah, Sally, since this is Indian country the second Amendment doesn't apply as far as I know. I have a copy of the local gun ordinances here."

He hands a scribbled sheet over to Sally.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=85

"But hey, as long as you keep your guns wherever you are staying and only take them out when you are hunting, you should be fine."
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Sally » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:02 pm

"Well, shit," Sally will say, yet again. "Thanks fer the heads-up, Nick."

The rusty, booze-lubed gears behind Sally's head start turning and he considers the odds of getting caught with something concealed. More n' one way to skin a cat, after all.

"So, who's thinkin' we goin' out the same way we came in- at gunpoint?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby Nick Sleet » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:47 pm

"It's a possibility; I'm more concerned over whether they will be searching our luggage and the like. If the point of this is to ensure we were not contaminated, then the quarantine should have accomplished that."

Nick shrugs,

"I can't think of any good reason for them to prod us out with machine guns, which means if they DO there's much more going on here in quarantine than just concern for the public safety."
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:33 pm

"I think the machine guns are for their own good if those gates don't open when their supposed to." Henry threw into the ring. He finished buttoning up his bags before taking a knee to reach under the bed. He felt around for his stick ball bat with minor annoyance. "...always when you take your eyes off it."

"I get the feeling we have to look at the big picture here," Henry said giving up his search for now, "That it would bad at this point to focus only on what we see in front of us. I say on the way out we take a deep breath and look for what is absent around us. And while it might be easy to say 'everything!' we may want to bare down on thing a bit more concrete."

" A wise man once said 'Show me, don't tell me.' I think rather than falling back on what we think should be here or there, we should look at what is." Henry said before taking his cap off for a quick bow before all in the room. "Captain Obvious Detective Agency, at your service."
Last edited by Henry Gondorf on Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Sally » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:14 pm

Sally says, "Well, as I see it, we ain't that far from that island. Now, I done dun a fair number of laps 'round this place these last coupla' months, and I ain't heard much in the way of shootin', but that don't mean there ain't been shootin'. Maybe we done got followed 'long the way?"

Sally will shrug. "Either way, I don't think this business is done, even when we got our arms re-armed and our freedom to roam re-instated. There be a high-ass con-cen-tration of big guns, big gov'ment, and big ol corp'rations. Throw in poisoned water, wildlife run rabid, and what I can only 'ssume is Old Indian Spirit of Vengeance, and well, you got a party."

Sally kicks back a swing from his flask. "And here I was, just comin' for a spot of crow 'n kai-yote huntin' with the crew."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:19 pm

"Isn't that the way of it?" Henry said with more than a touch of bitterness. "I'm half expecting Axel and his two pals to crash through the fence with a cement truck."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Previous

Return to Quarantine Zone