Outside the Cafeteria

Re: Outside the Cafeteria

Postby Wolfman2006 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:34 pm

"Thats fair, but if you are worried about others I don't think this is the way to go about it..."

Mason's voice is gentle but firm, it is obvious he is putting alot of effort to maintain his composure, but he can't hide his tense posture of a man getting ready to spring. His hands are raised diplomatically in the universal "I am unarmed; don't hurt me" pose. He inches in a little closer and lowers his voice signifigantly, his words coming out in a forced harsh whisper.

"Alice, I'll go with you even, if you are worried about what might happen, just name it whatever you want. But if you don't go willingly you give up any say in how this happens, just think about it. If they are willing to point a draw a sniper bead on you, do you really think your consent is what is important to them?... If you do go willingly you still have some say in how it happens, but I think it will go a lot worse if you don't..."

Mason tries hard to emphasize his sincerety, but there is a hint of exasperated desperation in there too.
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:46 am

"Thank you for your help, Mr. Fell," the Deputy director nods at the man, then turns back to the young woman.

"I'm very sorry about this, Ms. von Schaffenburg. I've done all I can. The separation of Church and State is an American liberty in which I put great stock. However, as the honorable Justice John Marshall Harlan wrote in the landmark decision of the 1905 case of Jacobson vs. Massachusetts, specifically regarding the juxtaposition of religious beliefs and inoculations for the benefit of public health, while the Constitution guarantees individual liberties, the state can encroach on those liberties when, in his words, the safety of the general public may demand. I assure you, though," his face sets in a look of determination, "I will continue to support you and act as an advocate on your behalf to my utmost ability."

Somewhat resigned, the Deputy Director looks past the young woman's shoulder and nods. Once.
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby Compound Guard » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:48 am

A guard in full battle armor and hazmat gear steps up behind Alice and in a single fluid motion cracks her on the back of the skull with the butt of their assault rifle. The young woman crumples in a heap, obviously unconscious.
Compound Guard

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:57 am

The Deputy Director grimaces and nods grimly.
"We'll take it from here," he says to the guard.
With genuine concern, White leans down over Alice's unconscious form.
"Could you give me a hand, Mr. Fell? Let's get her to Dr. Kennigan. Poor kid. Here, you take that side--easy does it...gently, keep her head up...maybe I can scrounge up a lollipop. Not much, but it would be something. Mr. Gondorf, could you see if the commissary has any lollipops?" He looks down at the girl he's helping to move. "I do not envy you your headache when you wake up. You have my apologies that it came to this. Come on, up we go."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:27 pm

Henry flinched when the guard took the wind out of any argument thereafter. Looking down at Alice he spared a hard glare at the guard. A carbon copy like the others around the area it was hard to tell one from the rest save by height. Upon White's idea a spoon full of sugar might help the medicine go down, Henry stood. He gave The Deputy another once over before walking towards the cafe.

"Nice move there, pal," Henry said as he passed the guard "See all that practice on the puppies paid off." It was hard to say if candy was going to be a sure thing. Worse came to worse some frozen juice on a stick might have to do.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Wolfman2006 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Mason winces visably at the audible crack the impact of the rifle butt makes on her skull, and he looks crestfallen as she crumples. His eyes fall to the ground and he exhales long and deep looking like a man defeated.

"Yeah sure, whatever I can do to help."

He too bends down to very cautiously and respectfully help lift the unconcious young woman from the ground.

"Deputy Director... thank you for helping her. She and others may not appreciate how far you are willing to advocate for her, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if people blame you for what happened here. You didn't have to try and reason with her, or even endanger yourself like you did, would've been a lot easier from your end if you didn't I imagine... thank you. If I may make a suggestion, you may want to make an anouncement about the details here, rumors are going to circulate. And lets be honest here you've got a lot of people who have been basically imprisoned against their will for a long time now, this isn't going to sit well with them."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:24 pm

<GM's Note: The Scene is moved to viewtopic.php?f=11&t=248>
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby liahgeron » Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:08 pm

Gil comes out of the medical tent and back towards the cafeteria. He hops up on a stump and calls out to the people milling around.

"Hey folks! The Director is going through with his promise to stay with Alice for the moment, but he'll be out once that's done. She's... well not alright, but she'll come around soon. Could folks pass around word about the incident to their friends and the potential talk with the director later? I"m going to look for the Father, we might need someone to comfort her after this. Thanks!"

Gil hops down and heads off to find Father Ashmore.
liahgeron

Postby Owle Isohos » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:27 pm

Kelsey had been watching the confrontation from the cafeteria windows, not daring to go out when she saw the sniper's laser sights on Alice, and then Director White. She started out the door once it was over, her medical bag in hand, but seeing Mason and the Director carrying Alice off towards the medical tent, she stopped and tried to calm her nerves. Alice would be in good hands. Now if only Kelsey could find out what that was all about.

She'd managed to get the story out of one of the folks who'd close enough to overhear the conversation by the time Gil made his announcement. The investigator nodded as Gil ran off, then dove back into the crowd of people demanding to know what happened. It couldn't hurt to be one of the calm voices spreading the story around.

When Kelsey told the story, she emphasized that Deputy Director White had put himself in the line of fire for Alice. That Dr. Kennigan was a local, unaffiliated with the Feds, and that in Kelsey's opinion the doctor was likely to be understanding about certain unusual medical conditions. That if they all wanted to get out of here without any shots getting fired, the best thing they could do is have their doctor's appointment as quickly as possible and not start any undue trouble.
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby edseel » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:40 pm

JD comes from around the corner holding a large piece of cardboard, it looks like it was ripped from some food delivery. Some kind of sketch is on the cardboard “Walker Family Squach” is all that’s legible, and a drawing of a monkey.

He looks around the court yard quickly, glances up to the towers and then shakes his head back and forth.

“Nope, nope, nope” he mutters to himself as he carefully puts the cardboard down, smiles to the tower broadly and quickly rushes into the closest tent.
JD Walker

"I put one foot in front of the other one.
I don’t need a new love or a new life – just a better place to die."

Isles: Citizen Reed Adderbourne - Sentinel of Spark
LL: "Vivian Marsh" Wang-Johnson Memorial Circus

IRL: Eric
edseel

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone