The Deputy Director's Office

Re: The Deputy Director's Office

Postby ronfiction » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:00 am

Seeing some people head out of the office Lou watches them leave and then peaks his head in the doorway.

"Ah, Mister er... Deputy Director. I was er... wondering if you had a moment."

Lou says in his usually friendly voice as he moves to stand in the door way. He sees the man typing away at his desk and motions to his work.

"That is of course if you're not too busy."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:43 am

The clacking of the typewriter quickly tapers off. The man rises from his chair and offers a hand to shake.

"Of course. What can I do for you, Mr...?"
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby ronfiction » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:05 pm

"Benoit, ah, Louis Benoit."

Lou said and took the hand offered, giving it a friendly shake.

"I was told that you were the guy to talk around here. The guy in charge."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:27 pm

"Oh, I wouldn't say I'm in charge here. I'm just doing what I can to act as a liaison between you good folk and the powers that be. How can I help you, sir?"
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby ronfiction » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:06 pm

Lou nodded some at the man's comment and then spoke his mind.

"I know you must have already heard this from some of the others in the camp, but I did want to thank you and your people for helping us with this strange situation. Not only are you making sure that Coos county is going to be protected from this weird illness but making sure we're comfortable is mighty kind of you folks."

Lou said in his normally oblivious manner. For all the upper class and 1%-ers that were stuck here it must have seemed like hell, but for Lou, free food and a bed was a huge upgrade. Certainly beat sleeping in the truck.
ronfiction

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:05 pm

"I certainly appreciate you saying so, Mr. Benoit, but I have to remind you that the folks running this place aren't under my authority. No, sir, my only fellow employee of the Bureau is Special Agent Sanchez. I will try to help keep things a smooth as possible. While I'm hoping we can decamp much earlier, I've already ordered some turkey for Thanksgiving. Hope for the best, plan for the worst, as father used to say."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby ronfiction » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Lou thinks about it for a moment and rubs his chin some.

"Ok then, you're the go to guy if we need anything then?"

Lou asked, still getting up to speed on some things.
ronfiction

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:44 pm

"I... suppose you could put it like that. I put in the requisition forms, and the higher ups do what they can under the federal budget the American people have supported through their duly appointed representatives."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Postby ronfiction » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:13 pm

Some of what the deputy director says sinks in with Lou but most of it goes in one ear and out the other. Lou was never very versed in his civic bureaucracy.

"Oh, cool."

Lou says and gives an affirming head nod in an effort to appear like he knows what going on.

"Well, I also wanted to come by and ask about a few things. For starters, is there any way I can help out around here?"

Lou said and gave a cheerful snap of the fingers.

"I could help out maintaining the grounds of the camp. You know, clean the bathrooms, maybe the cafeteria. Maybe even shovel if the snow starts to pile up. I want help out, I'm no free loader sir."

Lou says with a smile.
ronfiction

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:18 pm

"Of course you're not a freeloader! As to the day to day, I'll see what I can do, but I'm not sure they'd be too keen on somebody standing by the fence all day keeping the grounds. I'll file some forms regarding the general buildings, though."
DeputyDirectorWhite

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone