The Cafeteria

Re: The Cafeteria

Postby cathy » Mon Oct 07, 2013 7:38 pm

Zoey walks in with her laptop case on her shoulder and looks over the group. She looks a bit different without her white lab coat on but still manages to complete her look with the classic stethoscope around her neck. She gives smiles and light waves to everyone but when her eyes fix upon the food she makes a beeline straight for it.

Staring at the limited choices she grabs a red apple and begins to nibble on it.
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:36 pm

Henry walked into the cafe with a mind to put a dent in what passed as food here. He looked around to find only a handful of people he recalled seeing on the island there. It occurred to him then that some might still want to eat this evening. It was with a heavy heart and strong will that Henry suppressed his ravenous appetite. Instead he went to the drink dispensers and loaded up a tall cup of liquid cake. He loaded up a second for good measure.

Henry wanders over to the group and takes a seat nearby. He sipped his drink as he tried to pick up the thread of the conversation.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Jaccob_Morris » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:14 am

After hearing of the medical exams from passerbyes Jaccb's face grimaces. He had the feeling was just hoping it was a wrong one. He scratches around his right manacle. He looks to brett chuckles.

"Well I wish you all good luck. Maybe I'll see you later."

He heads out of the room
Aaron Mannion

Npc- Requiem
Pc- fables of fenorra as Grian Cloch
Occams Razor as Jaccob Morris
Jaccob_Morris

Postby Owle Isohos » Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:34 pm

Kelsey reacts quite differently when she hears the news of the medical exams. Though there's a little bit of worry in her eyes, she smiles and shrugs, moving to stand up.

"Might as well get this over with," she says cheerfully. "I'll be back in a bit. Tell you what you can expect. I don't think they'll listen to a med school dropout about who or what they should be examining, but I can at least tell you what they'll do."

So saying, she gathers up her medical bag and heads off towards the medical tent.
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:03 pm

Henry took a sip from his cup and used the lip of the cup to nod towards the group.

"Hey," Henry said in a low voice, "I been meaning to ask. When we were out at that pumping station we ran across something. In my mind the damn thing was more than a step or two above what we have seen there. I think Mason and a Sally have a name for it. Just for the sake of not ending up with a Thorazine drip in my arm I will refrain from naming it. I would like to think most of you know what I mean. Considering that most here have a bit of knowledge scattered around I did not know if anyone had any ideas what it was?"
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Brett » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Brett smiles and scribbles something on one of his notepads and crumbles the paper up, tossing it on the floor next to TJ. Taking a moment to stretch he suddenly stops and looks horrified*

"Ohhhh man I have to call my producer... she is NOT going to be happy about this! Me stuck in an FBI Decontamination camp for an undetermined period of time... without my equipment!"

*He stands up and heads off to the payphone set up, taking all of his kit with him.*
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby TJ Boyd » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:36 pm

::Looks to Henry, listening. After a little consideration, he replies in an equally hushed tone.::

"If I had to classify it as anything, I would call it a 1st generation Cyborg."
TJ Boyd

Postby Henry Gondorf » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Henry made a low whistle. An image of the first incarnation of Iron Man flashed in his mind. He leaned back nodded his thanks to TJ. Henry was happy to believe such a monster was a steam driven lump of metal. Metal can be broken down. The alternative meant books in dead languages, long calculations, and possibly more than a few gutters getting choked with blood.

Seeing how the group was beginning to disperse, Henry tried to get a better line on what was happening. "So, I kinda remember the speech after the bus was stopped and the doors were kicked down. Have they said yet what they were trying to Quarantine?"
Henry Gondorf

Postby gaelicwolf » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:50 pm

Not looking up from the book he is judiciously highlighting and scribbling little notes in, Conner raises an eyebrow. "There are more than 1 Generation of them?" After a minute he closes the book and sighs. Conner picks up the apple he had pushed to the side and bites into it, before frowning. "I don't believe that they've said what it is specifically, if they are even aware. My guess is that someone managed to get word out to someone on the outside about the experiments that had been taking place on the island. It might have even been from Cosgrove's reports, who knows. In any event, they're likely making sure that none of us have the same symptoms as the prisoners, since some of them were unstable and in fact some of them may have actually been carrying horrible strains of god only knows what."

He sighs and glances around. "Honestly, I'm not sure how much of it is for safety reasons and how much of it might be to gather what they can about us. What better way to learn about the masses of people wondering into a place of interest than to study them closely for a few months and even take some medical examinations of them?"
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

Dr. Conner Lachlann - University of Cambridge

~Greg (IRL), Leander Warrick & Charles Ryker (LE), Alaric Slayde (CS)~
gaelicwolf

Postby Henry Gondorf » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:58 pm

"I don't know. Start a poll on that Face thing on the internet. That seems like a quick way to get a handle on a group of people." Henry said in a note of whimsy.

The moment of levity passed as Henry turned his mind back to certain niggling facts in his mind. "Speaking of the brotherhood of the traveling floral shirts, does anyone remember how many of those people made it off the island?"
Henry Gondorf

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone