[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - The Cafeteria

The Cafeteria

The Cafeteria

Postby DeputyDirectorWhite » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:39 pm

"...we have the Cafeteria."

Rows of particleboard tables and affixed, backless seats, more than a bit reminiscent of high school eateries across the nation, sit under pitiless fluorescent lighting.

"I realize it's a bit spartan right now, but we're having some folks in to prep your meals for you and all, and I've even got a radio I've set up in the corner. So there's that. Now, if you look just over here..."
DeputyDirectorWhite

Re: The Cafeteria

Postby Brett » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:00 pm

In a stark change of clothing from his typical, Brett sits down in one of backless chairs at the table. His Hawaiian shirt fixation has quickly changed to a dark green long-sleeve shirt with a turtleneck. He opens up his duffel bag left of him for a small bag lunch. He sighs looking around at all of the people milling about and restlessly taps his leg. Sweating under the lights he wipes his brow and almost puts it down, quickly remembering himself it disappears into his vest pocket.

Stuck in some decontamination camp, with a lethal physiology built to kill, in close quarters.

He was very happy to have his toiletries packed, this could be a while...

"This place got Pepsi or coke?"
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby Jaccob_Morris » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:08 am

Carrying his pool stick and a small duffle bag in hand, Jaccob walks into the cafeteria and finds himself a corner to sit in. He pulls out some sand paper and begins to carefully sand down the que. After a short time he tests out the feel and seemingly satisfied he put the sand paper away and pulls out his flask and takes a drink. He then looks around the room and chuckles... "Far from the worst place i have been to."
Aaron Mannion

Npc- Requiem
Pc- fables of fenorra as Grian Cloch
Occams Razor as Jaccob Morris
Jaccob_Morris

Postby sndwurks » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:48 am

"Only Pepsi," comes a reply from one of the nearby tables. Billy St. Francis stands up from it, turning towards the familiar sounding voice. The Aquinaki private investigator gives a faint, tired looking smile, and rubs his thumb and forefingers into his eyes as he steps towards Brett. "I take it you guys were on the bus that tried to run the roadblock? I was riding in the back of John Marner's pick up truck when we got picked up..."

The private investigator takes a few more steps towards the radio host, and glances about before turning back to Brett.

"So... what's your take on this?" he asks, voice pitched to not carry. "Quarantine. That's a word that sends shivers down my spine, you know? I hate doctors, and this place is crawling with them. Last place any Aquinaki wants to be is around this many doctors... especially government ones, considering what happened in Vermont."
sndwurks

Postby Brett » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Brett smiles seeing the investigator safe and sound and brings his voice down low to a whisper. "I think it's what happens when shady organizations do things and the less shady ones get called in for good PR. If these guys are on the level they're just here to make sure we aren't carrying any of the issues that turned everything on that island to evil mush."

He stretches and pulls out a little notebook, flipping through it for the right pages. It a scribbled mess of symbols, notations, and chicken scratch handwriting.

"The runoff from the project was a mix of chemical, biological, and radioactive materials that the wildlife got mixed up in. The EMP'ed the cars Sunday morning and our buddy Cosgrove was ready to torch the island Vietnam style... FBI might have some leads but they're here to make sure we aren't toxic, which can takes a couple months. They're giving us contact to the outside world so i'm assuming we're okay for the most part, my plan is to wait it out and bullshit all of the medical tests they're going to do because well..."

He quickly lifts his sleeve revealing a stark black bio-hazard tattoo and a few neon green veins.

"You guys are all good, But all they'll need is one blood sample from me and there's going to be a friggin' horrorshow..."
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby gaelicwolf » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Looking like he has barely slept, Conner stumbles into the cafeteria and looking around makes his way to the table Brett is sitting at. He takes a seat a murmurs a hello to both Brett and the private investigator before letting his head drop into his hands. He mutters something incomprehensible and digs around in his pocket before taking out a prescription bottle. Conner quickly opens it and swallows down several pills, not bothering to count them out.

Sighing heavily he takes out an apple and a water bottle and after eying the fruit with reluctance, takes a swig of the water and pushes the apple to the side. "This place is worse than the city in some ways." Conner takes out a book titled Celtic Myths and Legends and absently begins highlighting and scribbling notes in the book.

Not looking up from his work, he casually comments on Brett's last statement. "You're not the only one who doesn't want doctors poking around with them. I'll admit you probably have more to worry about, but after seeing that poor girl a few days ago... Being stuck here is certainly not going to be fun."
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

Dr. Conner Lachlann - University of Cambridge

~Greg (IRL), Leander Warrick & Charles Ryker (LE), Alaric Slayde (CS)~
gaelicwolf

Postby sndwurks » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:20 pm

"I figured they would call in the Bureau," confirms Billy in a low tone. "You can't torch rez land without the FBI getting nosy. Good to know that part at least still works."

Billy takes a seat near to Brett, glancing down at the tattoo. He lifts up his hat, revealing the line of scars that surround his face and chuckles faintly.

"Personally, I hate doctors almost as much as I hate feds. The former comes from personal experience. The latter from being Aquinaki. I don't trust either of them, but I'm basically in the same boat as you. They've taken my blood sample already, but the results were inconclusive. And that's all the answers they're giving me."

The private investigator pauses a moment, placing his fedora back on his head and scratching the line of scars on his temple faintly.

"I did some digging, about where the money went. The tribe's not seen a dime since the corps rolled in, not even so much as hush money on the council. Which means someone on the council is getting rich on this, and keeping the tribe in the poor. I'm thinking all the plans for these facilities? If the tribe knows and approved, it happened during close council sessions of just the elders. But from what I've been hearing? Even that is a pretty big if."

Billy glances towards Conner as he speaks about the doctors, and turns back to Brett with a faint shrug. It seems he does not have much more to contribute to that line of conversation, and is just keeping his peace for the moment more about it.
sndwurks

Postby Nick Sleet » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:56 pm

Nick Sleet wanders in, his tie undone and his jacket nowhere to be seen. Seeing Billy and Brent, he walks over and grabs a chair, sitting down with a sigh and nodding to Connor.

"I checked the net briefly before the com tent got packed, and unsurprisingly there's nothing in the news about the island. At least we can contact people outside now."

Glancing at Brent and his notebook, he smiles wryly.

"I look forward to your next show; maybe it'll light a fire under the asses of the right people. If they were planning to wipe out the entire island they were probably running scared, so we were doing SOMETHING right."

He rubs his eyes and leans back in the chair.

"I noticed that there were no medical or decontam facilities on that little tour of the director's. I wonder what they have planned for us in terms of medical testing..."
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby gaelicwolf » Fri Oct 04, 2013 1:47 am

Conner shrugs. "I'm not sure what they have planned honestly. It also depends on how... thorough they want to be. Personally, I'm hoping that we can get away with blood samples for the most part." Conner pauses for a minute. "Though they could simply be waiting to see if any of us develop any symptoms of whatever it is they think they're going to see."

Turning to Brett, he smirks. "What are you going to start with anyway? You could probably do 100 radio shows from what we learned on the island alone. I can't wait to hear your take and people's reactions to Demons and magic."
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

Dr. Conner Lachlann - University of Cambridge

~Greg (IRL), Leander Warrick & Charles Ryker (LE), Alaric Slayde (CS)~
gaelicwolf

Postby Owle Isohos » Fri Oct 04, 2013 2:53 pm

Kelsey walks in, her hair still wet from the shower. Her slacks might still be caked with mud from the island, but she felt just the tiniest bit better. Claiming a free seat next to Nick, she plops her medical bag down on the table.

"The Deputy Director wasn't really forthcoming about what to expect. He said we should just all try to live our lives as best we can - didn't mention anything about medical testing. He did say he'd try to get some parlor games in, though." She smiles at the thought, then turns to Nick.

"He wasn't even supposed to be here, originally. Funnily enough, he was on his way up to Whisper Hill to check out the Millner case before he heard the news and decided to come help defuse things here. And he's got less of a clue than we do about what happened back on the island."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Next

Return to Quarantine Zone