[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - To The Sheriff's Office

To The Sheriff's Office

Re: To The Sheriff's Office

Postby sndwurks » Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:40 am

"Chances of finding any ground wire are slim to none," answers Billy with a chuckle at Henry. "Don't you know? The state flower up this way used to be the satellite dish."

The private investigator turns back to Sheriff Winters and gives a nod.

"I can certainly check into any camps or the like, Sheriff," he offers confidently. "And I'll make sure to keep a low profile. Wouldn't want anyone getting skittish and taking a shot at me before I can explain that I'm here to help."
sndwurks

Postby Merana33 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:39 pm

From up the road comes the rumbling of a desel engine as an unmarked white panel van rumbles into view. From the way it sways at every bump in the road it's pretty heavily loaded, coming to a squealing halt in the parking lot of the Sheriff's office.

The familiar black and white 'SECURITY' ballcap of Officer Grey appears as he hops from the drivers seat, adjusting his belt as he makes his way over to the group. "G'mornin Sheriff, Lady, Gentlemen.." He tips his hat in greeting.

"Was wonderin if y'all could do me a favor Sheriff. I'm lookin 'ta borrow a hallagan tool 'fer a few. But given yer rumpled an bleary eyed state 'o affairs I might be able to do 'ya a solid in return, if 'yer of a mind."
He opens a compartment on the vans side and slots a steel mug into an opening in an apparently well used machine inside. He slots a cartridge into it and punches a few buttons and the telltale aroma of fresh coffee wafts from within. "Beans we've got, 'n sugar too. No cream though, just the powdered crap, but it gets the job done. Got a mug?"
~Tony Vassard
Regional Director of asset management, Blackstone

James (IRL), Robert "Bob" Grey (OR), Dr.Elden Tyrel (LE), Toy (TIPS), Charles "MIT" Sullivan (LL)
Merana33

Postby sndwurks » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:33 pm

"Right," offers Billy, glancing towards the Van that rolls up on the Sheriff's office. He lifts an eyebrow slowly, and lets out a quiet sigh. He flashes a telling glance over to Sheriff Winters, and then turns back towards the others. "I'm off to go see if I can find anyone still around on the island. I'll be able to move faster on my own, and I'm not really scared of these beasts. They don't seem to have a good sense of smell, and they're more drawn towards light and sound. I'll be quiet, and they'll probably still focus on the people in the mess hall."

The private investigator glances towards Henry and grins.

"If the Lady in the white hat shows up looking for me? Tell her I am a man of my word, and I kept to my end of the agreement. Just... don't antagonize her. The less you talk to her, the better it'll probably be for you."

With that, Billy turns back towards the Sheriff and hooks a thumb towards the Sheriff's truck.

"Think you can check for the map?"
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:50 pm

Henry nodded in acknowledgement. "If the chance presents itself I will. Take care and watch your back out there. If you get chased avoid climbing the foliage. I think the birds here might mistake you for a dinner delivery."

Another note went down in the book.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Nick Sleet » Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:56 am

Nick sketches a salute in Billy's general direction, saying "Good luck!" He turns to the sheriff, asking "can you see if you have a couple copies of a map? There were some people back at camp who were also interested..."
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Previous

Return to The Rec Hall