[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - The Next Day

The Next Day

Re: The Next Day

Postby sndwurks » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:16 pm

"An axe might be good on a door, worst comes to worst, and we need into a house," says Billy with a nod. He glances after Nick as he heads off, and then nods. "Let's wait for him to get back, and then head out."

At Kelsey's talking about the Lady, Billy lifts an eyebrow and rubs the scar on his temple with the tips of his fingers.

"I... can probably give you a little more solid explanation on my theories regarding her, her crows, and the like, but I'm only going off of what I know and understand about the world," offers the private investigator. "Good to know she had particular business with people, though. That makes me feel a little less nervous."
sndwurks

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:04 pm

Henry took down what Kelsay said in quick shorthand. God save the man trying to read it later. When he finished, he turned back the page to remember what had been said.

"I don't have much. Most of it came from what that girl from Cali, Vanessa, and myself saw yesterday. I hate to add to the bramble but here is what we got. Taking the lady out of the picture, those screwballs with her might have a trick or two like that suit in there. Morsoi, I think. The giant birds last night seemed to also be keen on shiny objects as well. Come to think of it," Henry turned to Billy "You had a idea too I think. Sum'um about a Norwiegn feller and birds?"
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 pm

"I'd be interested in hearing it," Kelsey says to Billy.

She nods to Henry. "Come to think of it, they were all dressed identically. Their sweaters had pictures of crows or ravens on the back."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Nick Sleet » Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:21 pm

Nick pops back out the door in time to hear the last bit about crows and ravens. Brushing past Kelsey with a quick apology, he rejoins the group. "Did anyone ask the Professor about those things? He does have a wealth of knowledge. Not to mention the bird skull necklace..."
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby redraverfae » Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:53 am

"zzz...more to the challenge... zzz...than the Challenger... zzz...birdie bird birds... are two crows together attempted murder?... zzz... listen to her when... zzz... she's drunk ha ha ha... zzz... zzz...heeeeeeere birdie bird bird... zzz..."

redraverfae

Postby Tesla » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:18 am

*tucks a jacket under Red Raver's head and whispers part of a song he's been hearing lately*
"Down down derry derry down
Derry derry down
Down down derry derry down
Derry derry down"
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Tesla » Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:44 am

The Professor wanders over rubbing the sand from his eyes. He hasn't slept all night but the text he was working on is now fully translated.
"I heard you talking over hear about Ravens and such. Let me tell you what I know.

As for "The Lady", last night, I did not meet her. So I can only make guesses. I did hear that the people around her were wearing crow or raven depictions, but I also heard that they wore white, like the lady's fedora? Is that right?
From what I have heard, it seems she claims to be a goddess of death. Not a Bringer of death, but more like Hades from mythology or in modern Pop Culture, "Death" from the Sandman comic series. Goes around picking up the souls of the departed, because she knows who will die when. The "people" that were with her probably were spirits of some type. If they wore white, that's a funeral color in eastern cultures, so they may be related to the mythical Tengu., Japanese bird spirits.
But that's all just conjecture.

Henry, you mentioned Something about a Norwegian fellow and birds? That may have been me who you heard that from. My own fascination with ravens comes from my interest in an old legend. The Viking all-father God, Wottan (Usually called Odin in America) had 4 pets. A pair of wolves, named Geri and Freki and a pair of ravens Huginn and Muninn ("Thought" and "Memory"), who flew around the Earth daily and report the happenings of the world to Odin in Valhalla at night.

As a professor and a seeker of knowledge, the idea of Thought and Memory being personified is a strong one.

Now, for what I do know first hand of last night pertaining to ravens. Just before the final battle, a pair of Black Raven spirits visited the Rec hall. They were curious, as ravens normally are. They were also hungry, I was able to feed one and they also liked shiny things and would attempt to take them, just like a real raven. How do I know that they were Spirits? Just take my word on this one, I know. I was actually able to talk with them. They did not have much to say other than that there would be "much food soon". From the spirit of a carrion bird, that is a bad omen. And as it turned out, there was much carnage not soon after they left. Whether these Raven Spirits were related or working with "The Lady", I could not confirm. But I believe they were."
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby sndwurks » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:54 am

As the Professor heads on over, Billy just steps back and listens to the explanation. He lifts both eyebrows at the level of detail, and gives a faint, approving nod. He finally gives a slight shrug, and glances towards Kelsey.

"I'm not nearly as... studied at the professor?" Billy offers with a bit of a rueful smile. "But I had a few words with her, and she was approachable. She just wasn't human. Neither were her birds. Nor the big black birds that came later, which were also hers. If she was a goddess? I don't know. I'm not a god-knowing sort. But my line of thinking is that she's a powerful enough spirit who can manifest before people without the gift, and the birds are her agents. And she's drawn to death, probably as a kind of psychopomp... a spiritual guide for the dead and dying."

He rubs at the scar on his temple and shrugs again.

"I have some irons in the fire checking out that line of thinking. I'll keep you in the loop if I hear anything."

He glances towards Nick, noting his return, and then towards Eden, Henry, and Gus.

"We good to go?"
sndwurks

Postby Eden Jones » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:20 am

Eden nodded, "Ready to go. I can check in later with my limited list of applicable skills." She laughed softly and shook her head.
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby Nick Sleet » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:26 pm

Nick waves the thumbs up; "Yup, good to go!" Absentmindedly checking his pockets for a pen, he pulls out a notebook and starts scribbling again, incredulously muttering "now the Norse myths are true?"
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

PreviousNext

Return to The Rec Hall