[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - File 3

File 3

File 3

Postby The System » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:39 pm

The System

Re: File 3

Postby Henry Gondorf » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Anyone fluent in DNA?
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Tesla » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:23 pm

Going to work on it when I get home. Have a few clues, but no joy so far
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Deeg » Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:53 pm

There was a slight typo in the image earlier. The System has corrected it now.
Deeg
Site Admin

Postby liahgeron » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:46 pm

So while I used to be thanks to biochem, I'm 5 years out of practice. I do know there are some short cut translators for raw sequences though. If anyone wants to try inputting the codes and playing with the reading frames till a pattern appears, these seem to be easy to use and read:

http://www.fr33.net/translator.php

http://in-silico.net/tools/biology/sequence_conversion

Good luck!
liahgeron

Postby gaelicwolf » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:02 am

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

Dr. Conner Lachlann - University of Cambridge

~Greg (IRL), Leander Warrick & Charles Ryker (LE), Alaric Slayde (CS)~
gaelicwolf

Postby Jacob » Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:15 pm

Challenge accepted.
Jacob

Postby Madrigus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:10 pm

Asked my wife. she said, 'yup, that's DNA." I told her it was an encoded message and asked if she could figure it out. She refused, lol.

but for those who wanna hoof it rather than use a program, while each letter means a certain part of the dna or whatever, there's little combinations they have that spell things out or something. It's all I got.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby gaelicwolf » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:44 pm

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

Dr. Conner Lachlann - University of Cambridge

~Greg (IRL), Leander Warrick & Charles Ryker (LE), Alaric Slayde (CS)~
gaelicwolf

Postby Tesla » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:29 pm

I thought I had a clue on how to translate it, but all I'm coming up with is Gibberish
DNA has been used to encode books. They just use two sets (DNA comes in packets of 4) and use that to make a Binary string for an ASCI letter. You just have to assign A,C,G or T to be the zeros and the others to be the ones.

Say you use A,G = 0 and C,T = 1
ACTGTTAC would equal 01101101 which becomes 'm'

As far as I can count, the code is 1416 letters long, which makes 177 strings of 8. (177 letters in the code) But I have assigned different combinations of A,G,T and C to the 0's and 1's and I still just get Gibberish.

Hopefully this give someone else a clue on cracking it. I'm helping my girlfriend move this weekend. So no spare time for more cracking
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Next

Return to Files