[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - File 3

File 3

Re: File 3

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:05 am

This may be more mud to throw in the water.

http://thomas-hopp.com/blog/wp-content/ ... odeNew.jpg

I have been trying to locate a means to synthesize the data to reduce the intimidation factor of all the bits together. This is close but I am still spit balling. Evaluate this as you see fit.

*re-edit

I also found this earlier.

http://s195.photobucket.com/user/psychi ... t.jpg.html

I did not think it was helpful until I found the first link above. Again it is a means to further break down the block and work it from another angle. I apologize if it was a dead end.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Tesla » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:15 am

Using that method, the first few lines are LPRCSSSC
I have a feeling that may not be the one
Of course, my best so far has been EuwgW
So I'm not doing any better
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:20 am

I got about the same. At the moment I broke it down into 16 clusters. I am going to push on to 26 and 48.

The first 16 came out:

* L P R C S S C V R T V R T V A L S F V

Since this method does not include 6 letters of the Alphabet : B J O U X Z left out.

It occurs to me to be a hell of shot in the dark. I notice a pattern here and there. Not sure if it is worth it but when I hit my check points maybe a more discernible pattern appears.

I will be very prone to Head-Desk tendencies if it turns out to be a magic eye puzzle.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Mason M. Rath » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:39 am

If you stare at it long enough, you'll see its a sailboat/clipper.

Bonus points for anyone who gets reference.

*Points have no monetary value and can only be traded in with a valid purchase of a product of equal or greater value.

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:09 am

Lets the head-desk of shame begin! I am going to need a new computer table after this.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Tesla » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 am

The first square does have B J O U X Z in it
a B, it's at AAC

(oh, and Mason.....Mallrats, right?)
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Madrigus » Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:50 am

"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Henry Gondorf » Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:37 am

So rather one big block of jargon... it would look like

* LPRC - SSCV - RTVR - TVAL - SFV ....?
Henry Gondorf

Postby Madrigus » Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:22 am

Well, here's the thing: I don't know. Obviously something you're doing is wrong unless it's actually a word search like File 1 was. Otherwise, I havent a clue. Ask a biologist.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby gaelicwolf » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:32 am

>_>

<_<

They key may not be looking at the file as a sequence of pairings (aka 4 letters).

<_<

>_>

I've already said too much.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

Dr. Conner Lachlann - University of Cambridge

~Greg (IRL), Leander Warrick & Charles Ryker (LE), Alaric Slayde (CS)~
gaelicwolf

PreviousNext

Return to Files