[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - OR Rules Alpha Release

OR Rules Alpha Release

OR Rules Alpha Release

Postby Coco » Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:22 pm

At last! Since it was in my grimy paws last, I get to announce it.

Ladies and gentlemen, the book is live.
OR Alpha Release: http://occamsrazorlarp.com/rulebooks/OR ... elease.pdf
Accelerant Core Rules (for your convenience): http://occamsrazorlarp.com/rulebooks/Ac ... esv5.4.pdf

There have been some changes since we put the pre-alpha rule set out on the wiki. Check it out! FYI--our crafting system is almost finished, but didn't make it in time for this release. Keep an eye out for that in the Beta release (when that will be, still TBD).

Both PDFs will continue to be accessible via the main by clicking "Rules". The Wiki is still there for the moment, but please note that rules stated in the wiki have not been updated and still reflect the pre-alpha rules.

Some outtakes from this production:

Enjoy!
Occam's Razor GM & PC Liaison -- coco@occamsrazorlarp.com
Fifth Gate's Callista Swan (Wrathborn)
Coco

Re: OR Rules Alpha Release

Postby Jacob » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:33 pm

Coco did a fantastic job folks. Seriously--go check it out!
Jacob

Postby Eden Jones » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:43 pm

Oh my dog, Coco and Jacob, this is beyond awesome! It looks amazing and is chock full of those little details that I love so much in a game.

Wow. This is ridiculously impressive. Great job!
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby ken » Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:43 pm

My hat goes off to Coco, who did a fabulous job of making the rulebook look so awesome (and deal with our frequent change requests/crazy ideas.) :D
ken

Postby cathy » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:18 am

Thank you! <3
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby gaelicwolf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:11 am

I'm only about a quarter of the way through the rulebook and already I'm all hyped up about the game again! (Not that I wasn't excited about the game before, but there's only so much excitement I can hold before I start shaking like an overexcited puppy.)

The layout makes me want to play a paranoid nut-job, which i suppose is exactly the point, so yay!
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
Than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

- Hamlet (1.5.166-7)

Dr. Conner Lachlann - University of Cambridge

~Greg (IRL), Leander Warrick & Charles Ryker (LE), Alaric Slayde (CS)~
gaelicwolf

Postby Coco » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:15 am

I was totally going for paraoid nut-job's folder containing "conspiracy evidence" so glad that came across! XD

This really was a group effort, and it was cool to see all of our discussions coalesce into Jacob's many, many nights of sleep-deprived writing until I'm sure his brains were leaking out-- I mean, coalesce into this rule book. Go team!

Looking forward to doing more cool things for our players as the time rolls on. :)
Occam's Razor GM & PC Liaison -- coco@occamsrazorlarp.com
Fifth Gate's Callista Swan (Wrathborn)
Coco

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:05 pm

So much love. :)

EH

Elizabeth Heath
Eating your fears with my coffee.

Elizabeth@occamsrazorlarp.com

GM: Occam's Razor
Core NPC: The Isles: Purgatory Station
PC: Lione Rampant Crusades
Elizabeth

Postby Mike Natale » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Great job on this guys. It's quite possibly the nicest rulebook I've seen.
-The most merciful thing in the world... is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Mike Natale

Postby Henry Gondorf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:33 pm

Holy hell, people! There were times I forgot I was reading a rule book. I was wondering when the men in black were to show up. And I have a odd feeling there is something fishy with this "John" guy. Better keep an eye on him.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Next

Return to Files