[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Favorite Moments October 2017

Favorite Moments October 2017

Favorite Moments October 2017

Postby Owle Isohos » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:40 am

Big, big thanks to all the staff and NPCs who made this game possible. I definitely felt like I was in Occam's Razor: The Movie this event. :D And a thank you to my fellow PCs as well; you help bring Whisper Hill alive, and even if we don't interact much, I want you to know I'm grateful for your presence.

I'm not even sure where to start with favorite moments this event because there were so many. A lot of them were big, sweeping things that are hard to put into words, but I'm going to try. So, in no particular order...

Being really, really angry at Cyrus Dee. Alex throwing herself between me and his projection to keep me from doing anything stupid. Dee is just such a wonderful, smarmy asshole who is brilliantly fun to hate. I will never win an argument with him and I'm okay with that.

Seeing Morsi's full reptilian form for the first time, still sharply dressed in business attire. As we were standing in the dark waiting for the ritual to start, I realized I was staring - not at him, but at his suit. I nodded respectfully.
"Nice tie," I said, casually.
He growled in reply, "It's Italian."

SCIENCE CHARGE!!! Watching Jacob Carrier and a small band of determined PCs charge the DSRD bunker with a partially defused bomb, then knock the whole thing down. I can't believe that worked.

Realizing that every time the DSRD was saying "give Sally back" and "we had a gun to Sally's head" and "we took Sally prisoner" was because JD lied about his name.

I taunted the Condemnation! Three times! And I got away with it twice!
"5 Damage! 10 Damage! 10 Damage!"
"Reduce to Agony! Reduce to Agony! Reduce to Agony! OW OW OW! THAT HURT!!!"
Used up all my Earth in one go. Worth it.

Drawing a dinosaur for Maxwell to color.

Deputy Director White's "I don't sleep. I wait."

Getting to see Victor again!!!

Leslie being Leslie. Watching him dance as we battled servants of the Malakim. Him distracting the DSRD. And...
Me: *inquisitve* "Why are you chasing Levi with a fidget spinner?"
Leslie: *accusatory* "Why aren't YOU chasing Levi with a fidget spinner?"
Me: *indignant* "Cause I don't have a fidget spinner!"
Leslie: *offers me the fidget spinner*

Wandering into the boonies in the Dreaming, and hearing the creepy music playing, apparently coming from the nearby cabin. Entering the cabin and realizing it was empty, not even a speaker in sight. And every cabin we passed, the music seemed to be coming from the nearest one...

Going through the death mechanic for the first time. Hearing the very nervous extern desperately trying to save me. "Okay, bandages. We've got bandages. Oh, god, is that supposed to be sticking out there? Quick, get the-! No, not the staple gun!!!" I may have been dead, but I was laughing the entire time.

The sheer whirlwind of emotions that I went through after volunteering to be sacrificed. Kelsey hasn't felt fear at the possibility of her death for a long, long time, so as I sat there waiting for it to be time for the ritual, her fear hit me out of nowhere. Death was no longer a possibility, but a certainty, and somewhere in her jaded, hard-boiled heart, Kelsey still had room for fear for herself.

Going to the rave after Maxwell's pep talk ("I will share with you some ancient wisdom: You can dance if you want to.") The Dance Commander, and the sheer energy that the NPCs and PCs brought with them. The lights Aurora handed out. The music provided by DJ Slapchop and Charlotte. I danced and the fear faded. I was there in the moment, in the music, safe and surrounded by all of you beautiful, vibrant people. And I realized in that moment, that this was what Kelsey was fighting for. She was fighting for more nights like this. She was dying because Whisper Hill and the people in it were worth dying for. Because you are worth dying for. And in that moment, Kelsey made peace with the fact that she might not come back.

That conversation with Billy. He'll know the one.
"I'm saying it because you matter to me."
Getting to say that, and hearing Billy tell Kelsey how proud he was of her? I literally teared up. That one's gonna stick with me.

Handing over the Midnight Lantern to Maxwell and asking him if he'd carry it for me during the big ritual fight, because I wouldn't be able to. Giving Quay and Ness an extra Vitality before the big fight, and the small conversations we had around that.

And if I interacted with you at all over the course of the weekend? You made this game great. I never felt like I was just sitting and waiting for something to happen, because I was having so much fun interacting with all of you. Thank you for an amazing time, and we get to do it again in three weeks!!! #keepthelightson
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Re: Favorite Moments October 2017

Postby Henry Gondorf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:34 pm

*Let the games begin*

Friday:
Gabe and Liberty noticing the stains on Henry hands and all the questions that followed. From "Hi how are you," to "Henry? Did you kill someone? Were they kids? Henry did you kill some children?" Number of words in edgewise = 0.

The creation of Henry's own spin-off TV show. Executive Producers Lib. Blue, Gabriel, and Daphne.

Clowns. Mother humping clowns. The wigs. The Noses. The corpses of dead parents. Fire raining from the sky. Just...clown things.

Proceeding to Blind Molly and coming across Ezekial Parson's, Crossing Guard to the spans between the stars. Anyone ever wonder what three immortals standing on a dark road sounds like? "NOPENOPENOPENOPE!"

Fighting on the tail end of the line until the world just sort of blurred. And then hearing Dr. Rue shouting "Don't break her circles." As Hanna is winding up her Get thee out, Darkened! spell.

Saturday
That moment then the relief sheriff came in to explain Sheriff Winter's situation and you could hear the nerf lock and load. Quickly followed by a "Ohhhh" by the town that just barely covered the sound of tension springs easing. Bravo to John and Mike for that. Never thought I'd see the day a Blazing Saddles scene almost played out.

Deer Hunting. There is no one alive in Whisper Hill who will ever dissuade Henry from bringing his Thompson "Hunting" again. Freaking two faced, shambling, fear inducing abomination from the grave.

And on the topic of nature: Henry Gondorf, rookery attendant is a title I never considered I'd need to contemplate. And for those happy, unknowing new adoptees here are two more little birdies for ya
.I.. ..I.

The last flight of 1812. That was something of a gut punch when you get into and out of the murder without running someone straight to the defib. That was a fun battle though.

Trying to protect the Skeins of Fate while Malakiem spoke of the sanctity of fate. Like, really? You realize we're from Whisper Hill, right? We and Fate are in a bad "hold my beer" competition.

Henry Gondorf got a taste of plasma and it was goooooooood.

Walking back from the rookery mod and seeing the latest in DSRD pop-tent bunkers deploy. Sorry Lou, Gabby. You're tied for Second place in that awesome moment. Hearing the flight of the Valkiries play in the background just won.

Arguing with Mr. Jones about normal with a Vampire on one side, A damaged psychic on the other, A human and another psychic across from me, someone who once translated Atlantian and an P Sycatrist in earshot. Priceless.

Oh, and then that moment Henry ended up on Whisper Hill Love Connection. Where my competition was Adam Cambell and Mr. Saturday.

Saying my good-byes just in case before donning my Ramient. The Look on the Rabbi's face when I stepped out. I need no better proof of a job well done. Bonus points when even a Fae needs to stop inspect the goods. Those Changelings though. They....they might seek shallower waters for their own sake.

The Moment when Daphne had to threaten Henry Gondorf with a plastic knife to have piece of cake when Levi chanted "Do it right, Gondorf." Is it a bad thing when Betreix is the voice of reason. I feel like that is red flag or something. (And you better believe that cake was soul bartering quality)

I feel like I'm missing something. Oh, what could that be. Oh bother. Oh yah....WILD VICTOR SPOTTED AND I LEFT ALL MY POKEBALLS IN MY OTHER BRIEF CASE!!

Sunday:

Me and Liberty Blue clearing the boonies and coming back with a sack full of bullets, Aura, and Nokia's. Any trouble was getting a "Triple 30 by Good Intention" as we booked it back.

Oh, and the knowledge that when push comes to shove the right people in the right spot by the lake demands a freaking army to dislodge. BATTLE OF THERMOPOLY anyone?

And above all else: each and every "God Damn it, Henry" look, comment, sigh, puzzlement, bewildered gaze, laugh and smile.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Matt » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 pm

Matt

Postby Amelia Casselman » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:45 am

I can barely even remember everything I did this weekend.

- the talk of souls on the porch with the rabbi

- the Time God ritual, being cleansed of Displaced and not long after feeling a weapon on my back moving away after not answering to the BMV Expose call

- the horror of being unconscious while Cyrus Dee asked who I was

- re-weaving the Fates, talking to those trying to stop us like "yeah we realize this is probably gonna backfire on us like everything else we do, sorry"

- standing nearby while Flask was told the town's decision, laughing when I was asked about being "one of the three" while I had my hand behind my back with packets for my short repels

- fully admitting the rabbi's plan might not be the right one and that Amelia was 100% biased to do anything that screwed over Cyrus Dee

- watching Billy St. Francis make Mr. Teeth go away with the cold iron shavings. Ohhhh I got chills.

- recognizing how much her and everyone was laughing because at this point they'd be sobbing and hysterical otherwise

- hearing the death mechanic for the first time and realizing had this been Year One, or even Two, I would have gone with the Darkness because uh??? John the Intern???

- the wendigo scare. throwing a death by fire at the alpha. not sure?? what do do about JD?? had I not been panicking from the Cold effects, things probably would have gone differently...

- the sheer anger at watching Ariel get tortured by Dee and being unable to do anything because it was a vision

- realizing her best friend is damned to Hell when he dies and being useless to change it

- "Daphne discovered anime."
Nadina "Amelia" Casselman
[Player: Heather Perkins]
[Isles: Lillium Aiglos]
[5th Gate: Serket (Wrathborn)]
Amelia Casselman

Postby kaiserin » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:00 pm

This thread never gets enough love! Tell us your stories!

Highlights for me.

Seeing Billy rip the UN a new one at the hearings! Those poor NPCs...

Playing match maker with Daphne. Recommending a fully unbound poison resistant demon as a viable option in the love game. Mason literally breaking Fox by describing the bedroom pros and cons of Mr. Saturday. It wasn't even that late, we were punchy.

20 Minutes comforting Sgt. Donnoly after the Rosie Kennigan incident. I wasn't expecting so many feels with this character. All the feels.

Waltzing up to a bunker with a rocket launcher. Taking a solid 10 seconds to reload, firing again, taking a full 10 seconds to purge root and walking away without being hit by any of the return fire. I haven't really done much with that rocket launcher, but it makes me happy.

Daphne discovered anime.

VICTOR!!!!!

Pulling off a complex and potentially world ending scenario without a single hitch! WAY TO GO WHISPER HILL!
Hope Schwarzregen - Personal Secretary

The late Hana Nissa Sova - Freelance Problem Management
kaiserin

Return to OOG Discussion