[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Favorite Moments, Season 3 Closer/ Nov 2016

Favorite Moments, Season 3 Closer/ Nov 2016

Favorite Moments, Season 3 Closer/ Nov 2016

Postby Sally » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:51 pm

*That fucking concert. The set up, the stage, the speakers, the lights. It was all perfect. Marina's very poignant and needed soft-wade into Feels. Looking over to see phones and glowsticks waving. Drunken Todd (John) blubbering about how beautiful it was. The high school kids with their beer.

The Old Gods of Thule's new song. My. God.

The very resident-evil feeling Darkened attack, with them coming thru the windows.

*The DPL Shaman mod. The Spirit Costumes. Adam with those overalls and that hammer. Father Billycannon. JD advising people bout sticking to the Road while the Penance was about. Marner eventually showing up going "Oh..." and quickly turning back.

BEAR TRAPS. GIANT BLOCKS. FLYING SAWBLADES. A WOOD CHIPPER. A GODDAMN WOODCHIPPER.

"Cure Spirit Vessel!" .... "WHY ISN'T IT WORKING?! THE PENANCE IS STILL HERE, RUNNNNNN!" ... right into the bear traps. Jacob and Katie are awful people

*The Rev, legs cut out from under him, being dragged around to follow the Penance, begging for help and insight.
--

Let's keep the training going!
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Re: Favorite Moments, Season 3 Closer/ Nov 2016

Postby kaiserin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:18 am

There are so many...
Hope Schwarzregen - Personal Secretary

The late Hana Nissa Sova - Freelance Problem Management
kaiserin

Postby kaiserin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:22 am

I will probably post a few times as things continue to occur to me.

The concert. All of it. Marina's song was just the thing we all needed to come together as a community both RL and IG. And it was wonderful to just stand around, with a beer in hand, shooting the shit about college and other concerts and just being able to be Hana Sova without the fear and anger. Levi going onto the floor to dance making her laugh so hard. Then the fight.

DPL spirit mod. Thank you Sally for taping me for that one without me even having to ask, I really really wanted to go. Shepherding the Penance. Bad ass fight. The final "pop" of the wood chipper. And Hana is now officially a Sailor Scout now… not because of the woodchipper.

EMT Mike leaning over during lunch on saturday and asking quietly “Is this a cult?” Hana not entirely sure if “no” would be a lie.

Best part of the Kaiju battle. Dr. Rattigan coming topside to watch because "we get better reception up here"

Getting to go on a weird shit intrinsic mod for the FBI. I never get to go on these.

Drunk Rev. Thompson. "I wanna goonna space ship!"

The elevator mod! It just prove how much you can do with very little and the imagination of your players. Psyching ourselves up at every empty room.

Loosing Levi. Curled up in a corner at the very lowest point only to hear him calling out Hana's name. Hana never gets to be that vulnerable. Being able to explore a different side of Hana through her relationship with Levi.

Pathos RP with Sally and Alice. Shielding Alice as if Hana could physically protect her from the emotional hurt but not knowing what to do. Realizing how important community actually is to her.

Getting to meet the Storm Crow. Walking the wild in it's own strange morality, which aligns with Hana's so well.

Telling people Malcolm Hunt was dead. The varied reaction of shock and grief layered on Hana's own guilt. He died under my hand. Twice!

5am looking over at Gary with a heel of bread in one hand and a can of spray cheese in the other. The continual grim eye contact as he took a huge bite.

Mini Marner Lou.

Finding out we lost the key, then chasing down a vigil soldier with Quay and murdering the shit out of him.
Hope Schwarzregen - Personal Secretary

The late Hana Nissa Sova - Freelance Problem Management
kaiserin

Postby sndwurks » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:06 pm

Occam's Razor LARP remains, seriously, one of the best damn games I have ever played. I feel genuinely intimidated by these "Favorite Moments" threads because so much happens that I feel like I am invariably forgetting to give people their due. So, if you had an amazing time with me this weekend, and I am not personally calling you out and thanking you? Please do not feel bad. You were awesome, and I am simply still reeling too much to give an accurate highlight reel.

With all that being said... to each and everyone one of you who pulled me aside, or were pulled aside by me, for a brief to not so brief one on one conversation? Thank you. A lot goes on in those conversations which I will not put in a public thread like this for privacy reasons. You guys are each of you awesome, and the characters you have made fill the world of OR with a life and breath that makes it stand out.

Without any further ado, the punches that made the weekend, in no particular order:

- Billy giving everything he had to try to convince Isaiah to go willingly to the Stone. Laying out the history of the Aquinaki, the burden carried by the Few, the high cost of Burning Sky, and ending it with "I know you will be giving your life tonight to save the world, Isaiah. The question you have to answer is how many people are going to die before you do."
- Coming back from being an anti-Wendigo superhero (it's the first time Billy's ability to be casually immune to disease, poison, and cold has been useful), only to discover that Malcolm Hunt did not make it. And that Ellie, Jamie, and Andrew Marner needed to talk with him. And Sally was still being ridden hard by the Penance. That entire scene was intense, and I hope that the people watching it enjoyed it.
- "Warning: This machine will kill you and it will hurt the entire time you are dying." And the two confetti cannons. And the horrible jokes with JD about going back with nachos after.
- Getting relationship advice from Tyler Donnelly. Because Billy's always had it on easy mode before... he just waits a little bit, and the person forgets anything bad happened. They just slowly resent him more and more and more.
- Being bitchy and petty at Jackal over her interference between Lou and Hannah Winters. Any moment I get to roll out Billy's "snarky petty asshole who just keeps grinning" personality, I appreciate. He spends so much time in Stern Shaman mode that it is refreshing to get to play him as he was originally intended.
- People getting their picture taken with Father Hand-Cannon.
- Crunfluster. Just... all the Crunfluster.
- "Maim Right Arm" "I... deserved that." The sheer frustration of fighting a pair of Urbanimists when you are an archer should never be underestimated.

Again, there is more. There is always more. But yeah. Good times, people. Good times.
sndwurks

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:38 pm

The concert! Goodness, right from the get go. Marina's song felt like a coming together and healing, and in a very real way washed away the stress I'd been feeling from the past week and brought me fully to the here and now, to this moment in Whisper Hill. In that moment I regretted never having gone to a concert like this in real life. Then the metal song with its all too accurate lyrics, worrying and uplifting at the same time and just all around awesome. The moment that came on, we all knew something terrible was going to happen...and then the Darkened came pouring in, and it was METAL. And then later Walter showed me a bottle of Drop Bear brand beer...which I later discovered in my grocery bag when I went to unpack. XD

The Shaman mod fighting Old Boot. Having a conversation with Father Handcannon. Watching Adam throw blocks for 5 Damage and Slam. The woodchipper! Jenny Dunn telling Hana and I to run from the Penance after it became clear Sally wasn't coming back any time soon. Neither of us moved. I just looked back at Jenny and explained, "Neither of us is willing to leave him alone right now."

Handing the Penance Kelsey's broken Sailor Moon locket, offering it as "a talisman against the dark. Sally will know what it means." The aftermath of that choice, late Saturday night, when Sally said, "I could feel the weight in my pocket."

And that's just Friday night. More to come later.
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Madrigus » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:16 pm

-Moon magic!

-Super Wizard Turret with Ariel and Alex. We sunk 15 damage each into Adam via packets.

-Billy asking me what my preferred name and title is, then deciding he's just gonna call me Black Death from now on.

-Time magic!

-Shamans sacrificing trash to the great spirit of the trash panda. There will be blood!

-kaiju battle

-Boffer-safe mosh pit throw down. It gets my vote for best mod ever.

-Engaging in melee with a real weapon. The book is a great blocker, but terrible when you wanna go toe-to-toe with someone. Also the realization that I don't have to carry my heavy Bag-o-Packets with me to every single mod. Just the big ones.

-Hello! I am a flesh lumberjack!

-The elevator mod. I nearly had a heart attack and died.

-Spray Cheese Staredown
Last edited by Madrigus on Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:40 am

- Finally some time to think

* Damn near broke down at the concert. Thank you Zoe for that.

*Being told there was a mosh pit and Gondorf not fully understanding what the hell that meant.
-Then smashing a darkened through a speaker during the fight. So satisfying.

*Finding proof that if you make enough bad jokes you will go to Hell and have a blast along the way.
-"Do you want a damned hug?"

* **** Mothgering Kaiju battle and the hope for a Gondorf Real estate branch in Arizona

* "I'd say look on the Bright Side. Trouble is the bright side comes a wingspan."

* Trying to break down what is about to happen to a sociopathic Rappicacion in 3 easy steps.

* Rolling up on a construction site with people drowning in concrete.

* Zip tie parenting with Liberty Blue

*Bringing Liberty Blue and Gabrielle up to speed on happenings. Also the efforts made by Jones, Lib and Gabbie trying to explain modern terms to Henry.
- "So when the robot is trying to query something it is like going to the card catalog and finding it missing."
*What's a Stargate?"
"It's a show about space travel using an ancient artifact left behind by aliens who acted like ancient gods."
"And they used wormholes."
"Funny how they all spoke English."
"Funnier how in the movie they spoke perfect Egyptian and then space suddenly adopted English throughout."
"Seriously, what the hell is a Stargate?!"
((Can you guess which ones are Henry Gondorf?))

* Damn near killing Gabby with laughter.
* Damn near Killing Prof Challenger by blowing off his arm.
* The twin battles of Thermopilie. Once at the Thekk Ship vent 3 and once again with holding the line against the Malakiem. Looking for my keys will never be the same.

* Nytophobia plus Laser Pointer equals Kitty Gondorf.

And of course THE SHOT OF THE GAME (for me at least) Malakiem battle, John is beginning his chant once more outside of his pocket by the Hedge. About 125 feet off. Have one Fire Refreshed. Mine is the only weapon that seems to be working. Load the one dart, oh man check the wind direction, raised the elevation a bit, eased a little to the left, prayed a little, prayed a lot, pulled the trigger. The look on John's face, *deep breath* priceless. I think the NPC died more from shock than anything. THANK YOU SO MUCH for that.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Casidhe Cool » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:08 pm

I technically wasn't there for my favorite moment; but the fact the Staff tried to do that for me, and the hilarious stack of "Casidhe! You MISSED IT!" from *EVERY* person once I did finally show up was pretty funny. But, to have traded that to give y'all the wood chipper was worth it. (lesson learned; I am no good with wood) Seriously, it was like, "Welcome to Whisper Hill!" all over again... Which reminds me... I still have to Burn something down... I promised...

That said, Even though I was a passenger and not a Pilot the Jaegar fight was amazing! Woot woot for front row seats! That was seriously so amazing, I need to find a "magical" way to do this in my other fantasy game...

I think the next awesomeness came from seeing 1812's new badass form! So Cool! This is always one of my very favorite mods, even though I'm not super directly involved in 1812 himself. Maxwell man.. those fist bumps! Just don't graduate to hugs eh?!

Defending the cave was... interesting... We had like no beer... I spent most of the time unconscious unfortunately... something about eating people?! Casidhe is seriously having some self-doubt issues about her inner demons at this point!

And lastly the battles for the Keys? Brutal! Although I feel our key finally fell due to some technical difficulties more than anything else it definitely felt close and tense I loved it! Even with the ability to heal myself from unconsciousness FOUR TIMES I still hit 55 seconds TWICE. I'm almost disappointed I haven't had the whole whisper hill experience. haha!
Casidhe Cool

Postby Madrigus » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:54 am

"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Return to OOG Discussion