RIP

RIP

Postby Wolfman2006 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:26 am

“When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way. Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home.” -Tecumseh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS_NR_L0gYY

Was a fun journey as Malcolm Hunt, thanks for everyone who contributed to his story. Alas that his finale is upon him, untold ages as both king and pauper; and yet death makes equals of us all. We are beholden to journey’s end.

*Insert Adam's narrative voice*
"Next time oooooon Occam's Razor"

"Who missed me?" -Mason Fell
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Re: RIP

Postby Sally » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:44 pm

Ugggggh, the giant and awful gut-punch of losing Malcolm.

Uggggggggggggggngggnggh.

But thinking about Mr. Hunt's Saturday- the Beat-in, the Cave, Shamaning the Penance, the Wendigo Alpha, it felt like it was all telegraphed so well, for something that happened randomly (and with Fate repeatedly flicking the dice back to 1s).

Uggggggggggggh.

But I cannot describe the glee and elation of seeing Mason coming down the hill to the AAA!
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Zeuglodonna » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:25 pm

It felt very real. And man did it hit hard.
OR: Marina Delacroix
RL: Zoe
Zeuglodonna

Postby kaiserin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 pm

Oh my goodness did it.

He was one of the few people Hana respects and he died under her hand. The third person in as many hours she could not protect. Personally it was a turning point.

And all the reactions form people as I told them! Cassie literally begining to cry. People comming back from the Wendigo fight just not believing it. But what a way to go. If I'd been writing the TV show, I couldn't have done it better.
Hope Schwarzregen - Personal Secretary

The late Hana Nissa Sova - Freelance Problem Management
kaiserin

Postby Madrigus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:04 pm

I've noticed Gary has a very blasé, unconcerned approach to these things. OOG I was very upset. I didn't know Malcom particularly well, but it's hard to power-walk with someone in close proximity for an hour and not bond. But the reaction I ended up having was:

[eyebrows raise] Oh, he died? I didn't see him fall. But check this out!
Tony: [insistent blathering about Malcom and that he died instead of regenerating]
Gary: [thinking about how people die and when you say they died then they died so why are you still talking about this I wanna talk about my thing] ...Go on...

I'm mostly at the point where Gary plays himself. I still feel pretty awful that that happened and wish there was something I could've done.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby kaiserin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:16 am

I love how upset strain get when other strain die. Not something you think about much when you're immortal huh?

kaiserin

Postby Madrigus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:42 am

Yeah, Tony was really bent out of shape and I felt kinda bad that Gary isn't terribly sympathetic. The interaction was uncomfortable but I like how it turned out.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby kaiserin » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:26 pm

I just realized one of the great tragedies of this event is we shall now never see Malcolm Hunt dressed as the Highschool Mascot!

kaiserin

Postby Madrigus » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:42 pm

Now that is devastating news.
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby Jacob » Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:52 pm

I hear Mason is a pretty good guy. Might be able to convince him to help out. For the sake of children.
Jacob

Next

Return to OOG Discussion