[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - *Cottington Woods Teaser #4 or *April 8-10 Event POSTPONED*

*Cottington Woods Teaser #4 or *April 8-10 Event POSTPONED*

*Cottington Woods Teaser #4 or *April 8-10 Event POSTPONED*

Postby Fern » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:20 pm

FINAL EVENT APRIL 8-10 POSTPONED!!
If you've not yet heard, our Final Event scheduled for April 8-10 has been postponed due to both freezing temperatures / expected rain/snow and because the Campsite has no running water as a result of the freezing temperatures. We felt it was in the best interest of the comfort and safety of our players and cast to postpone the event.

Please help us choose a new final date and vote in our Poll:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Baeldannen sat upon the Dragon Bone Throne and looked out over the worlds, both Written and otherwise. "Ha!" she said, because that is so something she'd say. "Ha, I say. These so called heroes are a thorn in my side." She turned to Leandra, who stood across from her and kicked a nearby puppy. "No offense."
Leandra shrugged. "Like, ohmygawd, were you going somewhere with this?"
Baeldannen arched a brow. "Yes."
Leandra waited, and finally the evil fairy queen went on. "These heroes. They are the reason I can't have nice things. What if..."
"What if?"
"What if I brought back winter, though they thought it would be spring?"
Leandra chuckled. "They are LARPers my queen. They are not adverse to a bit of cold weather."
"But what if!" Baeldannen began again.
"Yes?"
"What if I then removed all running water from the Cotting House where they dwell?"
Leandra frowned, considering. "So, freezing temperatures? Muddy conditions? No running water? And not enough power to support the heaters of space? My queen, you are cunning to be sure."
Baeldannen reached behind her to pat herself on the back. "I am. And that is what I shall do."
The End.

So, yeah, what this means is that not only do we have freezing conditions, but Camp Frank A. Day does not have running water. The plumbers warned the camp that if they did turn the water on, then the pipes, which are un-insulated, could freeze and burst.
That said, what this means is that I am compelled to postpone the event. This is a very hard choice for me to make for so many reasons. We're so close to the end - it is the final event. I'm certain that donations have been purchased. I was *this* close to getting my garage back! It sucks, and I am sorry.
We're working on a replacement date. These are our options:

Please, all staff, NPCs (perm or otherwise), and players, go here and tell us all the dates that are available to you. We'll touch base as soon as we can.
Again, I am very sorry to do this at such the last minute.
--John
Fern

Return to OOG Discussion