[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Seasons Greetings

Seasons Greetings

Seasons Greetings

Postby Coco » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:30 am

Let's play a game!

Your character is sending out holiday cards (choose whatever holiday you wish). Who do you send them to and what do they say? Feel free to be as general or as personal as you like.
Occam's Razor GM & PC Liaison -- coco@occamsrazorlarp.com
Fifth Gate's Callista Swan (Wrathborn)
Coco

Re: Seasons Greetings

Postby Sally » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:16 am

Sally Lautner sends out a single card to a number of recipients to be described in subsequent postings.

This card appears to be repeatedly hand-drawn on the back of various flyers and publications to which those that respond "unh!" to "By My Voice, Expose Townsfolk!" would be likely be acquainted.

A red-framed title reads "SEASONS GREETINGS, YA'LL"

An illustration of what appears to be a boxy building with "AAA Diner" on a crooked sign stands below it.

Beside that AAA Diner is a what, if scale is to be believed, is a 10-foot tall Turkey.

Not just any Turkey, though.

The Hobblegobble.

If Wolf is to Amarok, and Leo is to Bad Decisions, then Turkey is to Hobblegobble.

A dangly gizzard that could bludgeon a man. Talons like mutant raptors. A bosom of spiny feathers. A look of murder in its eyes.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby ronfiction » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:32 pm

It's convenient that you start a thread about this; Lou actually sends 1 Christmas card every year to his brother. This year I will post up the card as it is surprisingly relevant this year...

The cards are always the cheesy 99 cent specials that you can find in any pharmacy. Lou usually opts for a classic snow covered rural setting. Sometimes a forest with a bright star over it, sometimes a cozy looking warmly lit farm house. This year Lou opted for a depiction of the wise men following the star over a sand dune to find Jesus on the night of his birth. Lou gets a card with a lot of blank space on the inside so that he can write to his brother.

"Howdy Marc! Hope this card finds you well in the deserts of whatever-i-stan. As always I have to say thank you for your service to this great nation of ours, and fighting the good fight for killing all them god damn terrorists. I thought about your deployment when I picked out this card for you. I figure seeing the holy land must be some sort of consolation prize for having to deal with being over there fighting. I hope you are safe where ever you are. Things here in the 603 are going fine. Winter's been mild this year but that's how last year started and then February was a bitch of a month. I've landed a pretty solid job at one of the local lumber mills here in Whisper hill. I like my new job, it's easy going stuff but I have to put in a lot of hours. The pats are killing it this year, it looks like an other super bowl for sure. The one bit of bad news I have for you however is rather serious. Our old priest, father Ashmore passed away recently. The whole thing is a damn shame, really shook up the community. It was just so sudden. It feels like just yesterday the two of us were going through confirmation with him and watching him give mom her last rites. Just a few weeks ago I was meaning to give him confession about a fight I had with a friend but I put it off knowing that I would have time to do it later. I know it's kinda a bummer note to end on, but next time your state side you should stop into coos county and spend some time around old Berlin.

Jusqu'à ce qu'on se revoit
Louis Benniot.
Attachments
needed.jpg
the front of the card
needed.jpg (70.08 KiB) Viewed 5604 times
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby sndwurks » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:21 pm

When Billy realizes it is the middle of December (What's with the unseasonable warmness?), he would probably send out a fairly standard "Merry Christmas!" card to the families on his Christmas list. Something simple, store bought, and reasonably non-denominational and non-offensive.

It would have a badly hand written signature of "Billy Redwolf".

The following families should expect a card before the Solstice:
- Sheriff Brandon Winters and family (Brandon, his wife, Hannah)
- Dr. Ellie Kennigan and family (Ellie, her mother)
- Ms. Donnelly, the library assistant
- June Campbell
- The parents of Adam and Billy Campbell
- Billy Campbell (complete with a cartoonish "Approving look of Billy St. Francis" drawing)
- Flo (via a home address, not the AAA Diner)
- The Hanley Halfway House
- Lou & Dallas
- Autumn Hunt
- Malcolm Hunt

For the Winter Solstice itself, Billy would set up a large firepit in view of Main Street, the Shadegrove Apartments, and the AAA Diner. He would gather a great deal of firewood, build a medium size fire, and keep it burning from dusk to dawn, tending it the full night through.
sndwurks

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:59 pm

Kelsey doesn't realize it's the time of year to start sending out holiday cards until she starts getting them. She's not particularly feeling in the spirit of the holiday, despite the inescapable Christmas music on what few radio stations you can pick up out in Whisper Hill. Still, she figures politeness demands she reciprocate. She purchases a stack of cards depicting generic winter scenes, with a simple "Happy Holidays!" printed on the inside in flowing script. Pretty much everyone she's had some sort of positive interaction with and is possessed of a mailing address in Whisper Hill gets one, though most of them don't have personal notes, just some scrawled wishes for a good new year and Kelsey's signature. The cards for Sheriff Winters, Doc Kennigan, and Mr. Marner all have some variation of "Thanks for everything" written in them.

To the people who have fought beside her, the ones who reside in Main Street numbers 3 through 6 and the Shadegrove condominiums, she adds, "We've kept the lights on for another year. Here's to that, and hope for the future. May this year be brighter than the last." In addition to that, when it comes to the card for Main Street #3, she adds, "I couldn't ask for a crazier or better group of people to spend it with. You make Whisper Hill home. Stay safe, alright?"

She sends out some more personal notes to individuals, too, in addition to the cards sent to households. But being a private sort of person, she doesn't just leave those laying out on the table for everyone to read.
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Return to OOG Discussion