[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Favorite Moments from Session 8

Favorite Moments from Session 8

Re: Favorite Moments from Session 8

Postby kimp » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:58 pm

Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:32 am

A moment against the Chud field pain when it was Ariel and Alice and Ondreij against 4 or 5 Chuds. Ondreij is full rooted and on a knee.

The moment of "If we stay, we'll probably all die. If we don't stay, he *will* die. Ondreij?" "I don't know..."

Alice makes a call and moves up beside him, flipping both her weapons to defensive. Ariel swears and steps up beside her. Somehow none of us died. I do believe in miracles.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:33 am

Evening Folks,

Usually I save this for last but I have to get my head back into matters before I get to PELing. These come in no order because AWESOME defies all attempts to contain and categorize itself.

The One on One Fight against Ezra's Fomorii at The Cave. Gondorf finally found his answer.

Speaking of The Cave fight, how about that moment when the only thing that stood between me reporting to Monster Camp and being a Potato on the field is V's two cents to Adam Campbell.
V: "Is that Gondorf?"
Adam: "Yeah, finish him off."
V: "Why? He'll just get back up." Two beats "I got an idea."
*Proceeds to Light Saber me into a convenient carry on size.*

Sally introducing Gondorf to the wonders of modern weaponry. As tempting that beast was my heart will always belong to Svetlana.

Those happy moments when Henry Gondorf became a sounding board for some people *Brett, Liberty, etc* and the look on their faces when it lead to a possible break through. Never thought to follow up on some as it seemed matters took off for them at speed.

The Welcoming Cake Ceremony of Levi. Those looks from those happy few as we sat down to eat. "Is this safe?"
Gondorf: *Shrugs* "Heard its damn fine cake."

Sneaking in the dark to track root out the darkness...and finding the Darkness waiting around the corner to say "Howdy Neighbor." It says something the only thing saving you from a fate worse than Death is ones reputation.

Adding another Tally mark to the Special Agent list. Amelia I still owe you those Two Credits.

Helping some friends enjoy the wonders of Window Hopping. To the Quebie soldiers "Il n'a pas d'importance si vous êtes un soldat ou de Dieu sur le trône quand il parle de hockey juste laisser la nature suivre son cours. De mauvaises choses arrivent quand vous ne le faites pas."

Discovering the Theme Song to the Whisper Hills Saturday Morning Cartoon Show. Set to the tune of "Gillians Island."

"Diagnose: Pregnant?" *Gondorf Averts eyes*

Gondorf looking over his shoulder at the right/wrong moment at Red. Just. Perfect.

Henry Gondorf Pearls of Wisdom for everyday life.

Doing Chaparone Duty only to end up in an 80's horror movie set up. Funny how the script flips once rockets start flying.

"Good Evening, Mr. Gondorf" And suddenly every PI trick I know come racing back to me.

Ah, that wonderful moment of Zen when I fully understood what Brett meant by Riding the Nope Train. This moment of Zen brought to you by: Gog and Magog. For those time when you question how bad things truly are, just peek around the corner.

I must give the utmost respect to Leo and Red. Leo, if I did not show it at the time you were amazing in the aftermath of what happened at the cave. Just amazing.

In two year of blood, pain, science bereft for humanity, reason abandoned for pride; of wrenching the wheel of the world from one game of freight train chicken to another; even friends dropping quiet suddenly to the floor in agonizing pain right beside him, nothing phased him. That is until Saturday night. Thank you, Red Raver.

AWESOME! Log Jam is cleared. TO THE PEL FORM!

Oh yeah. A moment of Karma for Billy St. Francis. "Hey, when you have a minute I should fill you in with what happened at the Well of Bones last night."
*Quick nod before another calls for attention. Cue Leslie and Company.*
Lesile: "Hey Billy, I hope you don't mind but we had to use your hammer to break The Well of Bones open."
The "Look" as Billy inspected his hammer. Awww....Priceless.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Ariel » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:05 am

I am so glad that we had the idea to empower a hammer and bust the wall of the Well open. That was one of Book Club's more inspired ritual-on-the-fly moments, I think. Here's hoping that doesn't come back to bite us all in the ass! :D
Ariel

Postby sndwurks » Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:03 pm

I am totally adding bone fetishes to the hammer, now.

If being used to blow up a universal constant isn't grounds to turn something into a fetish weapon, I don't know what is.
sndwurks

Postby HecateSkivvy » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:29 pm

I am so happy that was actually your hammer. The truth is I just kind of grabbed the thing...
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby kaiserin » Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:46 pm

Hope Schwarzregen - Personal Secretary

The late Hana Nissa Sova - Freelance Problem Management
kaiserin

Postby Nick Sleet » Wed Nov 25, 2015 11:43 pm

Favorite moments, eh?

Sneaking away to scout the next cabin and realizing I was trapped (out of support from Liberty and the rest). Knocking the guy on his ass and outrunning him, then quipping "The bad guys really need to do more cardio!"

The Spectrum mod. Go team ruthless! Also, you storytellers are evil geniuses for the things you do to us.

Getting to finally stun someone! Couldn't have happened to a nicer person. Also interrogating that evil bastard beforehand, then realizing that while Nick is just fine with words, he can't pragmatic away the horror when he sees it happen right in front of him.

The expression on Brett's face when super-happy-research-funtimes were revealed to him.

That moment when the checklist was completed.

Black suit? Check.
Sunglasses? Check.
Tower flashlight with a red light that can blink on and off? Check.
The Noisy Cricket? Check.

Transformation complete: I AM THE MIB!!!!!

The noisy cricket in general was so much fun; in particular shooting it and then holding it up in the air as you lie on your ass for someone else to take it was highly amusing.

Senor: your suit is to die for.

Psychological counseling with Liberty :)

The light going on about the casefiles; sometimes a Scythe is not JUST a scythe...

And of course, realizing that I now need to investigate more elements of my past because they JUST KEEP COMING BACK to bite me.

Fantastic LARP, will plot and scheme again.
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Sally » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:38 am

My favorite events of have been 0.2, 1.1, 1.2, and 2.2, and this one was right up there in the awesome-factor.

*Thanks everyone for playing along with Sally Voorhees, murderer of Darkened Townies. Special shout out to Levi, Hana, Adam Goddamn Campbell, V. and Billy for really going along with it. I have no idea where this dreadful train is going.

*Booker. Jesus Christ, Poncho Vampire, you are hilarious in so many terrible ways.

*Watching Eden drop a Super Thek with a stun to Finish the Mod. Watching Madrigus book-club Fomorri to death.

*Watching Adam Morsi make a beeline for Blightmaw, Dragon of the Dusk Court. What is it with you Crocodilia and the fey Dragons?

*The Entirety of the Ed & Quay's victory of the Dusk Court challenge. As a dude already part of the Dusk Court as an underling, seeing you sneaky fucks Sneakily Fuck was great. Special Shout out to Liberty Blue for going all Bilbo Baggins in there. Extra special shout out to Ed and Quay for owning the fuck of that "We were following the rules" follow up. The phrase "LIKE A BOSS" is pretty applicable there.

*Leslie's fucking DANCE PUPPET, DANCE! during the Cave

*Ezekial Parsons facing off with Eden, Gondorf, Billy, and Lou in a Talk-Off. Me and Vacily standing there, trying to be cordial to one another but both ready to just let loose. Lou, you bold, brash, beautiful motherfucker you.

*Victor handling the Dusk Court Dragon- as a Lady of the Court, that is her station, of course.

*Watching Malcolm Hunt go to fucking town when the Art Collector's vamper (::coughDraculacough::) goons showed up. Adam is an artist.

*Mr. Henry's "Come At Me, Cuz" with the Malakim. If you ever find yourself at the start of an encounter where somebody's swinging their dick, just step back and watch how Mr. Henry handles those situations.

*Leo. Poor, sobbing, Leo.

*Watching Agent Bernardo adjust to Whisper Hill and handle things like a pro

*Team Typewriter.

*Herne taking no shit and Lightsaber Dragoning our defense of the cave

*Alice and Chloe having NONE OF THIS SHIT with Ezekial and Adam. Adam fucking Campbell. If you have not talked to Ezekial Parsons, do give a try. After about 2 minutes you'll have converted to the Dark Side without even realizing.

*At least 5 times this weekend, things would start to Get Bad and we would be in need of artillery support... and then there was Ariel. "One Damage by Acid!" in quick successions were a godsend... er... uh, hellsend.

*Poor, poor Quay's reaction to the "Triangle Speech." I think I gave the Triangle Speech a dozen times this weekend.

*BRETT GETTING PHOTOS OF THE DUSK KING. Photos I'm sure will be printed and tacked to the walls of #3 Main St, thanks to Victor Jones.

*Always Vigilant, Always Faithful, Soldier.

*The tension with V. leading up to the Showdown.

*Jake goddamn Mandell in a bathrobe, Gryffindor scarf, and wielding a tree branch.

*"Short Root by Fun Fact!"

*Having pleasant and practical conversations with Amarok.

*The HEARTBREAKING RP of the AA meeting. Red, Chloe, Liberty, Ness, Jaime Kennigan, Harold (?) the Townie, JD, Dr. Kennigan (fucking BOOKER and V).

* "If you get a gift of clothing from Sally Lautner, it's not really broken in until it is stained in blood." True that.

*Levi and Leo dancing around the Reaper.

*Awkward Conversations with Hana Sova and Kelsey Graham. <3

*Watching Billy St. Francis be Billy St. Francis.

*Trying to keep my accent straight with Gary Morok/Madrigus around. I'm sorry for any residents of the Twilight Vale that had to deal with a Mask-Wearing, British-Speaking Sally-Shaped dude a couple times. (ROOKS, ROOKS, BLOODY BLOODY ROOKS).

*Lou 'pulling people over the ramp railing' with Blue Collar Strength.

*Dr. Kennigan. Now. Forever. Always.

*The absolute HORROR on Alice's face in regard to the Portal Mod.

*Just the general discussion of how we're getting rid of a body now a days. We really are a pack of monsters.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Previous

Return to OOG Discussion