[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Favorite moments from Halloween

Favorite moments from Halloween

Favorite moments from Halloween

Postby Aaron » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:23 am

Favorite moments and favorite quotes from this event!

Saturday morning science with Zoey, Harry and more. ROBOTICS AT IT'S FINEST!

Having a conversation with Hannah Winters.

A long talk with Brett at "time travel just occurred and we have no idea what time even is anymore o'clock"

TRICK OR TREATING! I HAVEN'T GONE IN YEARS IT WAS SO MUCH FUN AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAHHH. THE PROFESSOR HAS THE BEST CANDY, JUST SAYING

Doing my magical girl transformation and also conversations with people about the dangers of signing a contract to become a magical girl. Sailor Maxwell continues!

Victor and I talking about the type writer and the possibilities of using it to write Dusk Court/Dawn Court fiction. "We need to know if it's blue, for accuracy"

The whole last fight! I really liked the fighting involved, it felt like a good, very cool fight.

Hannah Winters gets kidnapped mid conversation. Hannah Winters rescue mission and the resulting emotions after I barely made it out and then hear the sound of other people not making it out.

GETTING MY DRIVER'S LICENSE AND THE RESULTING GIFT FOR GETTING SAID DRIVER'S LICENSE. (Also, now that Maxwell can drive, we clearly need to have Mad Maxwell. Who is going to be Furiousa?)

Curiousity shop stuff.

More to come as I remember things/after sleep
(Lost Eidolons) Sir Gilliam Stardust II- You were right all along! Inside the box was another, smaller box.
(Occam's Razor) Maxwell Schmitt- Do you wanna build a robot?
Aaron

Re: Favorite moments from Halloween

Postby HecateSkivvy » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:59 pm

The "Forgotten Avatars" group costume.

The conversations between Leslie and the faithful this event.

"Maim leg" ... "Reflect." *soldier drops to one knee*
.... "MAIM LEG!" ... "Reflect." "... What?" Reflect."
*other soldier drops to one knee.*

Operation Scooby Doo!

As always, the locals are a blast:
The dry wit of John Marner and Sheriff Winters.
The "I want to be that kind of grumpy old man if I grow up" feeling bestowed unto me by Charlie Kennigan. That, and the chocolate coin he put into my hand. I was prepared for the agony of a thousand suns to come from a glare, but instead it was placed in my hand.
The teenagers - especially "Todd" and his bitchy girlfriend.
Hannah. Fucking. Winters.
The amount of character put into the mundaneity of these people is both immersive and spectacular.

The conversational results of Leslie's attempts to connect with Billy as an equal. Even I'm not sure if the goal there is to cultivate an ally or a friend or a proper rival. We shall see.

Peoples reactions to the Loki costume. Could think of nothing more perfect, really.

Amelia. Just... Amelia.

Alex's spiritual development is interesting.

That feeling where you're not invited to the party, and everybody wants you to leave, but you're too politely defiant to accept the hint and leave.

The agony of the cyborgs.

The roleplay of the fallen angels.

The variety of perspectives offered at this game is astounding. There were so many feels - from good, to bad, to agonizing and hollow. I think I may be bringing things (soap, wood, dolls) to carve/paint/sculpt from now on.
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby kimp » Tue Nov 03, 2015 1:02 am

Many from the Author/Typewriter thing on Friday night:
- riding the tide of madness - with Nick and I giggling like loons because we kept seeing the wave coming, we couldn't get out of the way of it, and I think we eventually just decided to ride with it and yell "whee!"
- the extremely effective image of the Dark Man dragging Mo away by the hair, while she lay ON THE GROUND with her legs kicking and her writhing back and forth (honestly, I don't know how that was pulled off physically - it was freaking awesome looking)
- the damned clapping toy. I swear, wind-up toys are just Freaky. Then, you know, the screaming from under the beds
- having Sally pour beer down my throat - which lead to some pings in the emotional wall of an unemotional character
- contemplating how Good Things could come from Horror (and feeling the perverse urge to Resist. Just Because. Perverse)

Several from Flo's Party Competition
- wrapping Ryan in tp and laughing uproariously the entire time - damned one-ply (that's a thing?!)
- Gabby biting off half the apple, core and all, then chewing it up and swallowing it
- the rest of the apple falling between Ryan and Gabby's chests, where they trapped it and then uttered "what are we supposed to do now?" <paraphrase>, only to have me dive in and grab the last of it in my mouth. So lucky I didn't choke chewing and laughing at the same time

Sneaky time with Levy & crew
- OJ and I ducking under the porch and freezing - SO sure we were caught. Freezing - like somehow if we didn't move we'd be mistaken for... what? Human-shaped boulders?
- what we heard. It was an interesting puzzle, represented well

Other opportunity for sneaky time - I am always, always about the Sneaky Time

I also really appreciated Sally's near epileptic drive to kill someone with The Cleaver. That was some seriously awesome physical roleplay.

A**hole Bob. I know, probably Ezra just being present and in the moment and of little consequence, but very, very funny

Those are the things that jump out right now
Last edited by kimp on Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Tesla » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:05 am

Favorite Moment? Hands down, bar none, Inside the Well of Bones.

As one of the competitors for the Champion of the Wild, I called out for spirits to come forth, that we may try to convince them to leave the Well and serve the Dread Lady as troops against the Fomori.
In answer to my call, the spirit of John Challenger came forth and accused me of being a murderer and thief…….*Mind Blown*

One second, you think you know your character and where he’s headed. Next second, you find out you have no clue who you are and looking back over past research notes, you see they’ve been planning this for a long time and I can’t trust anything I thought I “knew”.
Let this be a lesson to you all. Be careful what you put in your character history. Even a single offhand sentence tacked onto the end for dramatic effect may have huge repercussions.

As for other memorable moments, in no particular order

-When I drove up wicked early and I saw the huge hole with a big rock in the middle of it where cabin 4 use to be. There was no orange fence around it or crime scene tape around it yet. Just a big ole hole. And all I could think was “Dang, how far will Jacob go for a mod and how did he get Deeg to slip those Halloween Asteroid stories in my news feed?”

-The wind up clown, clapping his cymbals in the cabin during the Typewriter mod. Very creepy!

-Making Mo briefly happy with an origami raven after she quoted Poe and later dancing with her.

-The look on Henry Gondorf’s face when I rolled up my sleeve and proceeded to add a fresh cut to my arm and let my blood drip on my altar to the Morganna. He really wanted to ask about the pattern of healed cuts going up my forearm, but just could get himself to ask.

-Trick or Treating!!! I know I wasn’t able to get something individual for everyone. But the smiles I got when I had just the right thing for some, were special. And Agent Levi, too much cake will rot your teeth…

-Front line fighting! Gods and Goddesses, I took more maims and dropped to the ground unstable more times this weekend than I have in my entire OR career. Thank you all to those who dragged me back and those who healed me and got me back up and fighting. It was glorious.

- New Secret headers to drool over.

-Unlocked my strange inheritance, crow skull pendant and it’s pretty cool. I used its powers several times over the weekend.
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby sndwurks » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:58 pm

With a couple days to decompress, it is a little sad how little I can post in this thread. Not because I did not have good experiences, but because several of my interesting experiences involve secrets related to other PCs and NPCs that I will not divulge here.

However, what I can talk about:

-That Ghost Writer Mod. It was an amazingly well paced, well-played mod by everyone involved. The toy monkey. The book readings. The room of screaming. The waves of horror and madness that comes from having too many psychics in one place. The final book reading with Sally reciting the Raven while Lou and I read Poe's more rhythmic short stories strongly showcased just how melodic and poetic even his prose was. Oh, and I can't forget the aftermath of revenge... Getting to read A Cask of Amontillado to as many Changelings as I could get. Petty? Oh yes, but still fun for Billy.

- Performing my ritual appeasements to Azeban, Amarok, Blind Molly, and the Penance, and having all four of them accept them. Including several offerings of tobacco, corn muffins, and kit kat bars. Very appropriate for the holiday.

- What I can say about the conversations I had with my fellow PCs? Hats off to Ness, Leslie, and Victor for bearing the brunt of Billy's sheer rage and sense of betrayal this session. The way each handled it was very true to their characters, and serious props to Leslie for not letting that ugly wound heal without it being poked at repeatedly. I don't know where this angry train is heading, but I am certain it will be fun.

- The Billy St. Francis Halloween costume! You too can be like Billy Campbell, and dress up as your favorite disappointed shaman! All it takes is a Hawaiian shirt, black vest, and a bottomless well of stoic frustration.

- "Hope."

- Explaining that, out of all the mega-corps in the area, Blackstone is honestly the best one for the tribe. They actually hire locals, and give them a living wage. They dumped a bunch of money into updating our high school. They might be the guys you hire to shoot people, but hey. They generally only shoot the people they are hired to shoot, and that's saying a lot when it comes to the megacorps.

Least Favorite Moment: Getting a migraine triggered on Sunday morning, and having to spend the big fight that day lying in bed, waiting for the meds to kick in. Sorry I was not there, and able to help with the firefight. I did get to hear it pretty clearly, however, and by the sound of it? You guys were awesome.

The next event is going to be awesome, and I look forward to seeing you all there.
sndwurks

Postby Nick Sleet » Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:50 pm

Oooh, lets see...

The author mod, and the wave, after wave, after wave of sanity destroying. And then the slightly hysterical laughter that lasted all the way back to the diner, and afterwards.

The expressions on peoples faces when I went full Musketeer were wonderful.

Ondrej's Angels and our tactical Apple'a'dieux (apologies for my pidgen french)

Gather my children and take a seat, for the midnight run of Nicholas Sleet :) I had an awesome time vanishing in a puff of smoke, leaping the stairs each in one go, and vanishing over the horizon. Thanks to all the NPCs who approached me after game with variations on "where the frack did you go? You just fracking vanished!"

People's reaction to realizing Nick's...abilities. 8-) Prize goes to REDACTED for "I thought you were the only normal person here!" with a whipped puppy dog expression.

BULLET TIME!!!! OMG. The pounding techno music made the slow motion barrel rolls and slow slides along the floor all the sweeter. Plus the blocking bullets with the fan. And everything about it. EEEEEEEEE.

Dead drops. So many dead drops.

Seeing Ryan Jenner after he had been converted. Having a visceral reaction to the AWESOME makeup and prosthetics.

That's all for now. Great event!!
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Chloe » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:46 pm

-Trying to call Chloe's spirit, failing, and slamming hard into rock bottom.

-Chloe realizing with the impact of a Mack truck just how much her mental state was affecting Alice. Then admitting that she loves Alice.

-Chloe meeting her spirit, learning her full name and after a...rocky introduction, finding some ground to start from.

-Having a conversation with Amarok and taking off like a shot mid-sentence when I heard 'Chloe!' being called from across the field.

-Recounting a dream to Victor (spoilers: That was an actual dream I had five years ago.)

-Ezra being a champ and taking pity on me after I made a significant tactical error.
Chloe

Postby HecateSkivvy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:59 am

Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby kaiserin » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:40 am

Hope Schwarzregen - Personal Secretary

The late Hana Nissa Sova - Freelance Problem Management
kaiserin

Postby kaiserin » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:46 am

Favorite part of the event?

Getting to see all you all and being in Whisper Hill again. If only for a short time.
Hope Schwarzregen - Personal Secretary

The late Hana Nissa Sova - Freelance Problem Management
kaiserin

Next

Return to OOG Discussion