Hand crafted Character sheet generation.

Hand crafted Character sheet generation.

Postby WordUp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 am

I heard about this LARP through a friend. Thought I'd throw my talents into helping with the creation. I do excel sheets for character creation. Full functioning, multiple page, fill the in the blanks, auto-total points, inputs race and header, everything. I will gladly throw my efforts into making one for the game, if you folks need a master character sheet crafter. Because lets face it, having 50 different people submit 50 different skills sheets..... sucks! So word up if you want to have WordUp make you a sheet. If you want references, ask anyone from Realm of Requiem about Lucyren's sheets. Or the Book of Bardic Badassery. Do both, it's more fun that way!
WordUp

Re: Hand crafted Character sheet generation.

Postby Merana33 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:39 am

Welcome to Whisper Hill! As ya'll might not have noticed, on the site home page there's this nice shiny button marked "Database". Well, some of the more learned types 'round here c'in tell ya that beyond there will be a nifty little program that'll keep track of such things for ya.

Well, there will be anyway, once The Computer decides that we're cleared for it. Trust the Computer. It'll happen all in due time.
~Tony Vassard
Regional Director of asset management, Blackstone

James (IRL), Robert "Bob" Grey (OR), Dr.Elden Tyrel (LE), Toy (TIPS), Charles "MIT" Sullivan (LL)
Merana33

Postby WordUp » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 am

Well, I have one 1/2 built right now.... If you don't want it, its fine. But you can save that do your database as a template, and let folks download, fill it out, and send it in, via email. Because I saw your database, and I understand one day there will be a sheet, but I got an electronic sheet now, for a database to start... It's the start of a character, might as well the start of the database
WordUp

Postby Deeg » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:55 am

Hey WordUp, I'm Matt aka "The Computer" (apparently). The database is based on a program written by Nat Tuck for The Calling a number of years ago. Games that have used this system include The Calling, Mirror Mirror, Lost Eidolons, Requiem, and Clockwork Skies. It handles character generation, histories, event registration, PELs, and a few other things. We like this system because it lets us get statistics on the player base at will.

Right now, we're working on an overhaul of the code base because the original system was written close to ten years ago and needs a good deal of improvements to get rid of all the spaghetti code. I hope to have it up and running soon. Wanted to have it running a few weeks ago, but that is what it is.

If you want to post your Excel sheet up, I'm sure it will help people prototype their characters, but we will require PCs to have their character entered in the database system for the game.
Deeg
Site Admin

Postby Merana33 » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:32 am

Do remember that not all skills have been released. We're still waiting on the "general skills" section.
~Tony Vassard
Regional Director of asset management, Blackstone

James (IRL), Robert "Bob" Grey (OR), Dr.Elden Tyrel (LE), Toy (TIPS), Charles "MIT" Sullivan (LL)
Merana33

Return to OOG Discussion