[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Inspiration

Inspiration

Re: Inspiration

Postby Micheal Strife » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 pm

This game is striking me like the unholy love child of World of Darkness, Shadow Run, and Call of Cathuhlu, All save for the last one i love, and the last one is well... a masochistic game... SIGN ME UP!
Micheal Strife

Postby Merana33 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:28 pm

Why didn't this occur to me earlier?

Another refrence for my concept of the Technological genre would be "Ghost in the shell". Movie or series both work, although I suspect that AI's aren't quite self aware yet. Either that or I just dont have sufficient clearance for that. ;)
~Tony Vassard
Regional Director of asset management, Blackstone

James (IRL), Robert "Bob" Grey (OR), Dr.Elden Tyrel (LE), Toy (TIPS), Charles "MIT" Sullivan (LL)
Merana33

Postby Steve » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Ghost in The Shell: more proof that Gen 3 Cyborgs are SCARY. Seriously, don't mess with them.
-The Shadow Persons
Steve

Postby redraverfae » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:48 am

I have played in a table-top Shadowrun campaign game once. I have played in old Werewolf and old Werewolf: Dark Ages. I have run my own Changeling (nWoD) campaign, and Alice in Wonderland is my favorite of all screwy books (LARPs/Theater/RenFaires aside).

In short, I see dark comedy approaching, and I for one will trip on its acid happily. :shock:

EDIT: Coco also reminded me of Neverwhere. If I see a guy that looks like Mr. Baker eating a vase I'm pork-chop-sandwiching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8

...maybe I should just have this character be raised by the internet. :lol:

redraverfae

Postby WordUp » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:00 am

You know, I kind of see it as less a take off on a particular theme, and more the change from 20 years ago to now, at current exponential rates, 20 years from now. We are the masses, we hear things about crazy tech future (we have a robot "dog" that's capable of climbing damn near any terrain, eye sight restored by cybernetic implants into the brain, etc.) except now we have robots, we have the perfected cybernetics, and all the oogy boogy, the things that go bump in the night? It's been there, just as it's here, lurking in the shadows of society. Companies are greedier, and more violent and forceful in certain things, all while maintaining even higher secrecy. To me, it's less a "this is a awesome theoretical gaming environment to LARP in" and more of a "You know, this tech, and psionics, it may be possible with engineering both in people and in technology" I don't believe that the game is true, only that 20 years ago my fathers cell phone for his company truck, was the size of a shoe box, had an actual phone handset, had to be cranked up to have power to call, and was prone to not having service... anywhere. Today, my smart phone that has gps, can surf the internet damn near anywhere, pay my bills, and order me food by a call, or sending in an order through an app. Did they think this is where they crank shoebox phone was going? Hell no! But keeping that in mind, really, to me, this setting is essentially "Earth:~2040 AD, with possibly the antichrist coming"
WordUp

Previous

Return to OOG Discussion