[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - what is to be

what is to be

Re: what is to be

Postby Owle Isohos » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Kelsey didn't know how to get so much as a word in edgewise, swept away by the tide of conversation. She just listened and waited for her moment.

"What you want does matter," she said quietly to V when it came. "To me, at least."

She looked around at all three of them, considering their speeches. Then she nodded to Leslie. "Hello, Leslie. Nice day for a walk, isn't it?" The medic mustered a smile, but it quickly faded when she considered the current topic of conversation.

"Maybe nobody has to die this year. And it's everyone's responsibility to help work towards that end." She glanced at Lou. "And these two maybe have more insights into the workings of magic and the Darkness than the rest of us, whatever you might think of them. If we ignore that, we're shooting ourselves in the foot when we oughtta be pointing the shotgun at the thing in that damn cave."

Her shoulders slumped a bit as she turned towards V. "If it comes right down to it...there is no right thing to do here. That's the hell of the whole thing. It's not right to murder a helpless girl on a goddamn rock, no matter what anyone says to justify it. And I'll be working as hard as anyone to find another way. But it's not right to let the world end, either, by proxy murdering everyone that lives on it. There's no right thing." She sighed. "If it comes right down to it, I'm for the course of action that lets the most people keep on living. And I'll patch up any of ours who get hurt on that day, whatever choices they make."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Tempest » Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:38 pm

Vasily full of rage. Dark shadows flickering across his eyes .

"Lou you don't know the first fucking thing about me and why I am me. You grew up in a nice little home and fucked up your own life to end up here. I never had a privilege at a life and I am now that I have a mind to think with I am trying to change what I was. I don't expect sympathy nor want it and definitely from a poxy shit like you. If this young lady was not present I would break you in half."
Vasily closes the distance to Lou. Drawing himself to his full height and staring the man in the eyes.

"you willing to kill little man. Why don't you start with me. You got big words lets settle them."

Vasily grins madly no sanity anywhere close to his eyes.
Tossing his daggers on the ground.

"i won't even use those. Or are you afraid of a drug addled Hodo. Cuz honestly I think you are a bitch."

Vasily spits the words in Lou's face taking a ready posture.
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby HecateSkivvy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:45 pm

Leslie steps between Lou and Vasily, holding out an arm to dam the rage of the hobo.

"He's not worth it, Vasily."

Leslie makes eye contact with Lou. Yes, buttons would do nicely.

"Not right now at least."
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby Tempest » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:51 pm

Vasily shoulders past the smaller man and steps back up to Lou. And looks him in the eyes.

"nothing but a loud mouthed bitch"
Brandon Harris

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby ronfiction » Thu Nov 12, 2015 3:55 pm

(To the attention of all players and staff: Mike and I have fully discussed this scene and it was agreed upon by the involved parties.)

Whatever measure calm Lou had left drained out of him as Vasily referenced Lou's history. When Vasily tossed down his daggers and got within inches of Lou, Lou did not back down. Whatever reason and mediation that was coming from Kelsey or Leslie was muffled by the blood rushing to Lou's head and the red he was seeing Vasily.

"I least I actually need to be asked that question. With you, we already know the answer to whether or not you're capable of killing someone."

Lou said, his voice taking on the darkest tone he had taken since he had met all these people on an island years ago. In his anger his voice took on some sort of a french accent and he met Vasily's stance with one of his own.

"You wanna see if I'm a bitch?"

Lou shouted his hands balled into fists in a instant. Vasily growled a gave Lou a firm shove at the chest. Lou was knocked back a little but came back immediately with a push of his own. Vasily was not one for a school yard shoving match and when knocked back a step or two, he roared, took his steps back forward and threw a punch at Lou.

Lou was either not ready for Vasily to actually fight him or clearly too slow to get out of way. The left hook caught Lou right on the jaw line and sent the janitor reeling backwards. Lou's vision blurred and it took everything he had to stay up. Whatever thought process the working stiff had was completely replaced by instinct. Concepts of right and wrong were pushed back by memories or school yard brawls and heated hockey matches. Vasily hesitated for a moment as Lou also paused to realize that suddenly. The two of them were in a fight.

"Connard!"

Lou shouts a french curse and wheels around at Vasily. Lou's boots took grip in the sand on the lake's shore and gave him leverage to land a right cross into forehead. Just like that, the two where tossing out punches at each other. Lou's punch had connected with Vasily but V merely growled some more. Years of living in the tunnels and on the streets had gotten the hobo in far more fights than a Janitor. Vasily tossed out a barrage of blows and quickly started to pummel Lou.

Lou to his credit had taken a life of hard knocks living out in the sticks, working in the blue collar sector and dealing with an abusive father. Regardless of how many times Vasily looked like he had the upper hand, Lou was simply too stubborn to go down. Lou had only inflicted the lightest of marks on Vasily during the start of the fight. A slight cut over the left eye and a bruise from a misplaced blow to the shoulder had Vasily looking most fine. Lou had already developed a black eye from a nasty punch and was bleeding from the mouth and nose.

A stroke of luck favored the Janitor when Vasily lost his footing in the sand because of his worn out shoes and he toppled over while dodging a punch from Lou, and banged his head on a rock on the shore. The sickening smack that sounded from skull on stone echoed over the calm lake. The sound brought Lou back and he grimaced in pain as he took a breather from the fight.

"Debout... Stand up."

Lou said while doubling over, spitting some blood out and waiting for Vasily to get up. Vasily meanwhile was getting his head straight from the head blow and gave Lou a glare from over his shoulder. Vasily got partially up and growled some more. He picked up a hand full of sand and when he rose to his feet and rounded on Lou, tossed the sand into Lou's face. What sand didn't get caked into the blood on Lou's face, it found it's way into his eyes and caused to the Janitor to shout in pain and surprise.

Vasily tackled Lou and knocked him against a stack of near by docks, pinning him to the pile. Vasily planted blow after blow into Lou's midsection while Lou did little to defend himself. Lou landed a desperate headbutt on Vasily and caught him in the same spot that Lou had not only opened up the fight with, but Vasily had bashed against a rock. The two were stunned for a moment and Lou recovered first some how. He grappled Vasily briefly but Vasily lashed out and bit Lou hard on the shoulder.

Lou uttered some more curses and was able to push him away. Lou fell back and banged into the stack of docks again, sliding to the sand very much done with the scuffle. Vasily staggered back wards and although was standing was very unstable and clutched at his head.

(Players and whoever else is around is now welcomed by both parties to get involved or intervene as you see fit.)
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Owle Isohos » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:15 pm

Kelsey had stepped back away from the fight, knowing she could no more stop the two of them than stop the tide from coming in. Instead, she'd opened up her medical bag, readying the supplies she was likely to need. Then she watched, a mixture of anger, worry, and helpless rage on her face.

"You done?" she demanded of the pair of them, stepping between the two men now that it looked like neither was about to rush at the other. With neither making a move, the medic crossed the distance to V, not touching him, but letting him know she was there to support him nonetheless.

"You don't like being doctored," she said quietly. So she didn't doctor him. She offered him the first aid supplies he'd need to patch up his wounds, and went over how to make sure he didn't have a concussion. "...but you already know all that," she added, remembering V was a first responder himself. "Take care of yourself, alright?" She glanced over her shoulder at the fallen janitor. "I have to see to Lou."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby HecateSkivvy » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:17 pm

Leslie shrugs and steps aside, arms crossed. He's said all that needs to be said. He turns to the voice of reason, somewhere off to his left, and says, absentmindedly, "Yes, it is a nice day for a walk. As always, it's nice to see you, Kelsey."

That one,he thinks, that is one worth saving. Lou can take a Vasily to the face for all I care.

And then, Leslie continues his walk.
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby ronfiction » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Lou is a jumbled mess on the ground, blood of his leaking onto the sand and spattered across the piled up docks. He gives Kelsey a pained, weak smile and stays where he is.

"No blood no foul ref."

He says to Kelsey and although he tries to wave off whatever aid she's moving to provide him, it's pretty clear he could use it.

"Stagger on broken man."

Lou says, looking past kelsey to Vasily, a glint of hate in his eyes mixing with the pain he felt in seeing what has become of a friend.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Tempest » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:22 pm

Vasily saw the concern on kelseys face and was that anger... Breathing deeply swaying side to side V takes the supplies from the young lady and listens to her.

" thank you little miss"

Vasily sways some more well pushing the blood of his face.

"you hit like a 10 year old drunk on his dads beer"

Vasily shakes his head boiling in rage. If she did not step in oh the pain he would have felt vasily thinks fondly.

"I hope you sleep with one eye open cuz I will be seeing you. Trust me on that."

Vasily spits some blood to the side not looking away from the battered little man.
Brandon Harris

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby ronfiction » Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:32 pm

Spirit willing, but body not, Lou continues his fight with Vasily by simply raising a hand and flipping Vasily the middle finger.

"Attacking people in their sleep? Sounds like a classy move that someone like you would do."

Lou said and slipped a thumb into his mouth and felt around to make sure he still had all his teeth.

"Don't you have a trash can fire to go huddle around or something? Beat it scum bag."

Lou said and motions with a blood and spit covered hand further down the shore line.
ronfiction

PreviousNext

Return to Lake's Edge