The 5th of july

Re: The 5th of july

Postby ronfiction » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:35 am

Lou nods at Dallas's words of wisdom. He smirks but shakes his head some.

"Saving people is what you do Dallas. I'm a janitor. I'm not good at that sort of thing. I mean, if you folks need something fixed, I'm your man. But saving folks from monster and burning buildings is better left to the professionals."

Lou said and gave her a stiff nod.

"Thank you though, for understanding. I'm not the brightest guy there is but I try to be helpful. That's all you can really do in life right? Just try and be useful in some way. Just two regular working class heroes huh?"

Lou said and tilted his head to better see her. He smirked some and shook his head again.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Heather N » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:43 am

She nodded her head to him.

"I am nothing special. You just have to fight for what you believe in and have hope that there is a purpose. I have failed plenty in my life and lost people that meant a lot to me. I refuse to let that pain destroy my own hope. I know they..."

She paused again as if she was trying to regain her composure.

"I know they would be proud of me and would want me to keep going. I am sure Kate is very proud of who you are today. You are a hero Lou, in your own way. Your loyalty and your heart are your very own superpowers. Trust me, I am an expert on this."

She laughed a little.
Heather N

Postby ronfiction » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:03 am

Lou smiled some and idly played with the water at the surface of the lake.

"I could see it now. The most boring super hero of all time; Captain Coos! A solid granite, good old boy from the woods here to save the day from the dreaded Masshole. There's a comic book hero I could get behind."

Lou said and laughed. He gave Dallas a playful splash, making sure not to get her cast wet.

"I think you just came up with my Halloween costume."

Lou said and looked back to the shore.

"But, seriously Dallas. Thanks for everything. I'm fairly certain if I was the only normal person left in Whisper Hill, I would have gone crazy by now."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Previous

Return to Lake's Edge