[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Later that Night...

Later that Night...

Later that Night...

Postby Taranis » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:35 pm

As night falls and the sound of crows echoes off into the darkness, Herne stands in quiet contemplation outside main street #3. His eyes looking to the sky, catching the occasional glint of blue as moonlight bounces off the feathers of a wayward messenger. The previous days had been long and much had happened for better and for worse, but the dark cloud of wings above was a sure sign of the coming storm, the avian cries like rolling thunder, signifying war.

As he stands there, he begins to tremble. He had fought many a battle before, but the thought of what was to come terrified him. The stakes had been made clear and the weight of what promises had been made lay on his shoulders like mountains.

He looks down and takes a heavy sigh, saying softly to himself,

"Perhaps I should send a message of my own."
-Alexandre Herne
"They want monsters? We'll show them monsters."

OOG: Matt
Taranis

Re: Later that Night...

Postby redraverfae » Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:32 pm

" 'Message in a bottle, yeah...'"

Red waves from the tire swing. " 'Sup, dragon-dude? Can't sleep?"

redraverfae

Postby Taranis » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:34 am

Herne jumps at the sound of the unexpected voice, a blue light bursting out from behind him as he materializes his nanoblade. A pair of wings now spread out from his shoulders. He glares at Red with murderous intent, breathing heavily. After a moment he realizes who it is. His excess limbs fade away and his weapon deactivates.

"...Uhh, sorry. I'm a little on edge... It's hard to sleep soundly with so many awful things on the horizon. I'm just trying to sort out this whole apocalypse thing in my head. It's getting to the point where stupid decisions are looking pretty reasonable given what's at stake..."

Herne looks away for a moment and leans his nanoblade against the cabin.

"You seem to be doing pretty alright given the whole situation. Starting to think you're a stranger creature than I am." He says with the hint of a smile.
-Alexandre Herne

Taranis

Postby redraverfae » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:52 am

"You think I'm strange?" Red climbs off the swing and approaches nonchalantly while pressing a button on her mp3 player. "This song just came on for you, man. The music don't lie. Something else on your mind?"

And with that, once close enough, she takes an ear bud and places it up to the closest spot for an ear on Herne that she can guess, and blasts it enough so he can actually hear the words.

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dge_MOBGxjo)

When the song ends, Red pulls it away and says softly, "So talk, dragon-born dude. The night is cold and full of bullshit, I think is how the phrase goes. Cut to the heart of it and let it flow."

redraverfae

Postby Taranis » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:41 am

Visibly calmed by the music, Herne sighs once again. He looks absently off into the dark.

"I made a promise, staked a claim. I vowed to defend it no matter the cost, but..."

He looks Red in the eyes

"With everything that has come to light, I know I don't stand a chance in hell at keeping that promise as things are. The cost is becoming clear and I'm not too keen on the idea of it, but I'll do what I must. There's something I've been avoiding for a long time now. It's about time I start following through on past devotions."

Once again, Herne looks to the sky.

"Tonight... I send a raven of my own."
-Alexandre Herne

Taranis

Postby redraverfae » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:28 pm

"Is that a metaphor or are you actually going unleash a giant ass black bird with a message to someone or something?" Red replaces her ear bud and glances upward, too. "Do you know your stars well, by the by? Constellations and shit? Only certain patterns appear at certain times, and people tell weather patterns, season changes, and predict all sorts of things, especially The End of a Civilization. Most times, it doesn't happen. Some times it does, and History gets a great 'I told you so, bitches!' out of it, but-" she shrugs, placing her hands in her red & black UA hoodie.

"I don't know anything about your promise, or your claim, but think on this piece of Star Trek knowledge: 'The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one'. ...just make sure you don't get dicked for nothing, alright? Nothing sucks worse than having all your work be in vain, dragon-dude."

She lights up a cig, smokes in silence for a second, and then shivers. "Geebus, it's colder than a room full of ex-wives out here. Fuck it, I'm heading to Triple A's for coffee. And maybe chicks. Kelsey might be up. Don't freeze your tail off, yo. Seriously."

And she bops her head along to some unknown tune, shoving her hands back in her pockets as she makes her way to the diner.

redraverfae

Postby Taranis » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:49 am

Herne chuckles a bit

"it was a metaphor, though being a shaman I could technically call up a raven spirit and... never mind."

He pauses for a moment

"...And sometimes the needs of the many depends on the needs of the few. I'm not going to get screwed for nothing, and if I do, you can sure as hell bet it won't be without a fight... Either way, I appreciate the reassurance. Later, Red."

As she walks away, Herne realizes how absolutely fridged it is outside and soon heads for the diner himself.
-Alexandre Herne

Taranis

Return to Main Street