Cold Iron or maybe its a Wood?

Cold Iron or maybe its a Wood?

Postby Wolfman2006 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:05 am

An occasional choppy thwack is heard from the small meadow next to Main Street. There a man in a trench coat stands bearing a golf club, staring at a frustratingly stationary golf ball in front of him. He relaxes his shoulders, adjusts his grip and takes swing again, his club swings in a strong arc: he misses the ball completely. A few scattered feet ahead of him lies half a dozen other balls, and a small bag of fresh balls sits on the ground nearby. His face remains oddly impassive considering the rather terrible performance of his task, which isn't all too surprising to anyone familiar at all with golf; his form suggests someone who learned to play from watching Happy Gilmore. He sighs, again adjusts his feeting, and a soft thawk echoes down the street: the ball makes it maybe three or four feet in front of him. He bends over towards his bag and selects a new ball, when he does so a small silver medal hangs down past his black tie. So too do a pair of iron chains adorned with golden hebrew characters from his wrists.
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Re: Cold Iron or maybe its a Wood?

Postby Ariel » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:25 am

Hands in his pockets, Gabriel walked out of Main St. #3 and nonchalantly sauntered up to where Mason was doing terrible injustice to the game of golf, leaning against a nearby tree to watch.

"You know, you'd probably have an easier time with that if you relaxed. Anything at all. Ever." Gabriel inclined his head towards the bag. "You want me to show you what I mean, or are these innocent golf balls just a convenient target for your wanton aggression?" A small smirk. "Or are you, somehow, one of those sorts who won't accept a gift from a demon? Those are always fun."
Ariel

Postby Madrigus » Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:22 am

Madrigus managed to reach the scene of the tragedy about the same time as Gabriel. He didn't speak right away, instead examining the situation first while Gabriel began the witticisms. As he stood there, hands folded in his sleeves, a slow smile creept across his face. He hadn't played golf in centuries.

He didn't speak, only eventually cocking an eyebrow at Mason as if to say "You want his help, or mine?"
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Wolfman2006 » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:42 am

Mason doesn't immediately show any recognition or acknowledge his visitors for a respectable few seconds. He drops what might have been a sad excuse for a form and turns towards the two demons who have joined him.

Mason's lets slip a dry bordering on bitter chuckle when Gabriel mentions maybe trying to relax. He doesn't maintain the false humor however, he visibly composes himself before speaking.

"Yeah, I doubt that will happen anytime soon, ever. Go ahead and look into this all you want, truth is I've never actually played before. I couldn't even tell you what type of club it is. For me its just a conveniently innocuous tool of the trade, manages to do that job quite well."

Considering the lack of golf usage Mason says its seen, it is rather beat up. Scratches, nicks, small bends, run up and down it, but the head has the worst of it.

"Hell the only reason I even have the golf balls is to place them with the club when I'm not using it. Looks that much more innocent should the Sheriff or one of his deputies be particularly thorough when checking for weapons."

Mason had come across very neutral in his composure, matter of fact. He politely looked back and forth between Gabriel and Madrigus as he spoke. Considering the violence mere hours ago, he doesn't visibly appear worse for wear, spotless shirt, no visible injuries. But he does seem paler than usual, less animated. His hand has subconsciously reached for the silver medal twice over the course the conversation.

"Figured, I carry this damn thing around all the time, I should give this golf thing a try. If you two know how this is supposed to work, I am all ears."

He holds up the club half offering should they wish to demonstrate, half waiting for potential instructions.
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Madrigus » Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:20 pm

Madrigus approached slowly and took the club from Mason. "There's a couple things to keep in mind, and Gabriel's right, though after that battle we had I don't blame you for being uptight." He paused a moment, opened his mouth to ask something, then checked his statement and turned.

"Face me, watch my posture. Gabriel," he said over his shoulder, "It's been a few centuries for me. Check my footwork would you?" Turning back to Mason he held up his hands. "Best way to hold the club is like so." He slid his right pinkie between the first two fingers on his left hand and gripped the club. "Feet should be shoulder width apart.

"Now, the biggest reason people miss is because they're afraid of breaking the club. Unless you're driving off of a rock that won't happen. The club will cleave whatever dirt you're on.

"Going into the swing keep your left arm straight." He demonstrated as he spoke. "Then, the swing not only comes from your arms, but also your hips and feet." He swung, rotating his body, feet pivoting, the left on its heel and the right on its ball. The club connected with a hearty whhhap and the ball sailed away, trailing a clod of dirt. Madrigus had a huge grin on his face. "Think you got that?"
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby Ariel » Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Gabriel's sardonic smirk breaks into an honest chuckle when Mason brings up the fact that the golf club is really just for bashing in skulls. This fucking town. Nodding as Madrigus steps up to help, he pushed off of the tree and moved over to help.

"Somehow, I suspect that Mason isn't afraid of breaking this club...but that's another problem entirely."

Leaning over, Gabriel inspected Madrigus' form, nodding sagely. "Yes, looks good. The key is in relaxing and following through." He grinned at Mason. "Just picture that you're swinging the club through an imp's head or something. I've seen you fight, you have plenty of follow-through when you're striking the enemy. Just...draw on that."

Sighing, Gabriel leans back against his tree, and his expression turns serious. "Mason. Can I ask you a potentially uncomfortable question? I...want to understand something about you."
Ariel

Postby Wolfman2006 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:28 am

Mason nods at Madrigus's instructions and watches as he demonstrates. His eyes follows the little ball until its out of sight in the tree line.

"Damn, you weren't kidding. I think I got that yeah, we'll find out in a moment I suppose."

Mason's head turns around to face Gabriel after his comment. His eyes don't so much narrow as twinkle. His face remains oddly impassive for his norm, and almost as an afterthought he pauses for a brief moment to tuck the silver medal behind his tie where it normally lies.

"You can ask. But I am won't guarantee an answer".
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
Wolfman2006

Postby Ariel » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:42 am

Gabriel nods, demeanor still more serious than either of the other Bound have seen him.

"I know this, but, well...I have to ask." Gabriel is suddenly still and alien, unblinking as the deep red swirling in his eyes becomes apparent in the autumn sun. There is something there in the shimmering black that flickers, but it is gone just as fast as it came, a trick of the light perhaps.

"Alice has told me of who you once were, of how you returned from Death. What happened to you back then?"

A slow, careful pause.

"What did you see when you went to Hell?"

Another pause.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm not asking out of some sinister purpose here, nor because I want to needle you. I just...don't remember. So I'm asking."
Ariel

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:38 am

For the first time since early that morning (before he was unbound, before the fight with the Dawn Court) Mason's face shows some signs of life. A bitter and sarcastic chuckle escapes and he shakes his head gently as if trying to dismiss it.

"Why is it your kind always want to know that? Does it really matter? Do the particulars change anything?"

Mason the dark chuckle fades and his volume lowers. He speaks with a very real bitterness, genuine hatred creeps into his voice

"Ultimately at the end of the day what it boils down to is I lost everything, to monsters like you. My future, family, my life, even my very soul. I know that it got in me, that I was possessed, I know that they tried an exorcism, I know it failed. I have no idea what actually happened all I know is after... I woke up as you see me."

He holds up his right arm, allowing the thick chains prominence., his silver medal slides out with the motion revealing the name:Thaddeus

"I woke up with these. It was if nothing had happened... except for the shackles. I didn't see the flames below, and I didn't return from the dead. I've studied Demonology enough to know, that despite my memories, despite how I think or feel... Mason Fell died that night, I am something else. Only the Infernal can be Bound with the words of God. Something must have gone wrong that night when they tried to bind the demon, and whatever the result stands before you."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
Wolfman2006

Postby Madrigus » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:31 pm

Madrigus, though dressed like a bum from the Dark Ages, elected to be classy, dignified, etc. As if the two other demons weren't there he looked off down the field, then reached into Mason's ball bag with the club and popped out another ball.

He took his time lining up the shot, shuffled his feet, adjusted his grip, pulled back, and then whhhhap, right in the middle of someone's sentence. He watched it sail up and away, hit the top of its trajectory, and curve down into the tree line.

A few seconds after it disappeared, there was a very faint tinkling noise, as if a pane of glass had been shattered very far off. Madrigus frowned, muttered "must be a house there...whoops," then popped another ball from the bag.

As he shifted his feet back to a starting position that wouldn't have him lobbing balls at innocent houses, his left hand absently touched the gigantic, fleshy book in his bag, almost as if he were checking it were still there. One finger idly caressed the warm, pulsating spine before returning to grip the club.

"'''Twas brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe," pause to check angle by squinting down the makeshift green. "All mimsy were the borogroves, and the mome raths outgrabe." whhhap. And so he politely continued as long as the two other demons had their conversation.
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Next

Return to Main Street