#6 Main St.

Re: #6 Main St.

Postby Sally » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:35 am

Brow furrowed, jaw slack, Sally says, "Well, it prolly ain't no secret that I gots a certain affinity fer hounds." The pink-headed dog medallion currently hangs from his bunk, given its affinity for rattling around against his dog tag chain, "I mean, a dog's a good an-i-mal. Knows its place in tha world- and knows yer place in the world. Don't get its nose outta shape 'bout it er nothin'..."

Sally scratches at his beard-chops and says, "But, I got asked that once, 'fore I got mah head shaved and sent a' marchin', and I'll tell ya the same thing I told that there coun-sel-lor- a gator."

As they head down the path to the AAA, Sally starts talking with his hands, "I knew these cats from Or-lan-do that useta tell all sortsa gator stories. Talk 'bout gators just pilin' up together in slow-movin' water, on river banks and such, baskin' in the sun. Come time to grub, they sorta shimmy inta the water, hang out fer a bit, layin' low. Maybe creep some, but more 'n likely, just let the current push 'em toward somethin... then CHOMP, ROLL, AND CHOMP SUMMORE!" Sally says clapping his hands together.

"Then it's back to pilin' on toppa one 'nother in the sun, belly full. I like that. Somethin' to be said fer that lifestyle. Al-li-gator."

Sally blinks for a moment, then cocks his head. "Hey, hold on, Alex-an-der and Mr. Morsi ar' like, one with the gator spirits, ain't they?"

He shakes his head, that sounded as nuts out loud as it did between his ears, "So yeah, Dogs n' Gators. I'm yer man. Though, as I hear, them two don't get 'long much..."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby kimp » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:08 pm

:: Liberty stops dead in her tracks for long enough to level an assessing look at Leo and then Sally, then her lips curl on a grin that promises mischief as she starts walking again ::
This is going to be fun

:: she looks at Leo ::
Leo. Lion. Almost obvious and yet... I'm betting on not. Curious...

:: She trails off and her eyes don’t track for a moment as her gaze narrows on the horizon ::
Subconscious and unconscious. Does that make me preconscious? Or conscious?

:: Sliding from one state to the next in rapid-fire sequence, she focuses on Sally, moving her head subtly so she can look at him first from the right side with her right eye dominant and then her left side and left eye ::
I’m curious. How quickly did they rush you from that assessment to scout-sniper training?
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Sally » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:44 am

Sally doesn't even blink at Leo's comment, "You is what you is, mann-o," he says with a shrug. "Paint that shit on a banner, fly it from a lance 'er a goo-ee-sarrm er what have ya, rally tha troops."

Furrowing his brow at Liberty's oddly moving eyes, Sally tilts his head some when he says, "How long till I got popped over to Camp Lejeune? Shit, couldn't a been more than a couple days... hey, wait! Yer doin' that thing again, like ya did 'bout my ra-coonin' stick... I thought we said no-" he pulsed his fingers at his brow "business! 'Sides, I was always better with iron sights than a scope, anyhow..."

Muttering still, Sally says, "Golldarn sike-icks in my brain- like e'rrybody got my darn service rec-ord," he trails off after a moment and says, as they come to the back porch of the AAA Diner,

"What kinda critter you got hitchin' round in yer shadow?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby kimp » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:19 pm

Silly Sally.
:: A giggle escapes Liberty, then is cut short and silence reigns as a look of confusion flits across her face before being chased away by a subtle shrug of shoulders and features. Once her expression is smooth again she continues in a measured tone ::
It doesn't take a psychic to know that a combination of dog and alligator would give PsyOps mental erections.

:: There's a pause, then she elaborates ::
Not psychic woo-woo. Profiling. I promised no psychic woo-woo. Profiling? :: She shrugs :: That's just what I do. I'm fairly certain it was bred into me. If not that, then it certainly was trained into me early. I doubt I could turn it off if I wanted to. And, well...
:: She rolls her eyes ::
I like knowing where people fit. Once you know that you can predict their behavior.
:: There is a subtle pause as she appears to look inward, then she adds ::
Eden says that if I am around others enough I will realize they are not all Brown.
:: Because, of course, *that* makes complete sense. To anyone not Liberty ::

:: With her usual lightning change in focus, her attention shifts to Leo ::
Do you associate more with Eastern, Western, or perhaps Middle Eastern cultures and philosophies?

:: With no explanation as to the why of that question, as if its a perfectly normal extension of the conversation, she turns back to Sally ::
I like the idea of something riding in my shadow. That is very poetic.
:: For a moment it seems she's not going to answer, her subtle and calm half-smile potentially speaking for her, but then she adds ::
Today I would say I have a black squirrel riding a tiger in my shadow.
:: As if that answer makes perfect sense to anyone but her, she nods in satisfaction ::
Or just a black squirrel and a tiger. I think a tiger might have issue with a black squirrel digging spurs into it.
:: She cocks her head ::
I'm not certain anyone is ever just one thing, if that makes sense to you? Nuances.

:: She directs the question equally to both Leo and Sally, then her attention settles on Sally ::
I find it interesting that you associate yourself with a Blue animal while I feel kinship to one that is Yellow.
:: She cocks her head, then rights it to stare into the distance. Her voice is quiet, speaking of thoughts unsaid, as she adds :: Depths.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Madrigus » Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:25 pm

Madrigus say in the AAA Diner, shuffling a pack of large cards. He set a series of them down side-by-side, then set the deck side.

First was the Hermit, followed by the Lovers and Strength, and the Star. Linked fate between the Hermit and Strength, he thought. The Star quantifier, my inner circle. So I'm the Hermit, Strength would be... Leo. He looked at the last two cards, eight of swords, Interference, and eight of stones, Knowledge. What in Lucifer's blasphemous name does THAT mean?

Madrigus swiped the cards up and began to exit the diner to find Leo. If something was to happen today around the man he figured he might as well look for him.

He exited the diner just in time to catch Liberty saying something about a squirrel riding a tiger. The mental image was ridiculous; what were they talking about?

As they approached he nodded to them. "Good evening," rasped. "Mind if I join you?"
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Leo Wilds » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Leo just listened to them talk an was happy to hear all the reasonings in the conversation. He felt like he was learning a little something just from their statements.

"I don't particularly focus on any philosophy from any region. The order I'm from accepts all philosophies and cultures as true. No culture or philosophy is wrong. It's so we can coexist and do work with each group without incident. " He said answering her question.

"If I weren't to be only I could guess I might also be a turtle. Sturdy and will live for a long time." He said jokingly.

Hearing someone exut the dinner he looked up to see Madrigus.

"I don't see why not, but I think you'll have to have Sally an Blue tell you the rules. Don't want to leave any out by accident on account of I'm not the runner." He said answering him.
"For better or worse I should have known, but to die by your hands I should have known."-Donald Edward Lareau
Leo Wilds

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:37 am

The AAA was her haunt of choice of late. Although rarely seen in the building itself, she always seemed to be around, looking distant as she walked away or towards the building, scribbling nonsense into a battered notebook, or having her nose in a book (most recently a battered copy of Storm of Swords). And today was no different.

Today she was trudging down from the belltower, her hands shaking faintly as she mumbled to herself under her breath. One hand had raised to twist around the dogtag chain on her wrist, her loose hair framing her face.

She didn't seem to be paying attention, instead acting on pure auto-pilot. Until she stopped dead in the middle of the porch, quirking her head as if listening to something as her eyes closed. And then she turned on her heels, almost running around the corner until she stopped, brightening somewhat.

"Sally!" she said, looking immediately less exhausted. And then she noticed the rest of the party and took half a step back. "Oh, I am sorry. I did not want to interrupt."
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Sally » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:28 am

As Liberty and Leo discuss their philosophies, Sally nods along.

"What can I say, I got me a poet's tongue in a sailor's mouth," Sally says, grinning some. "So the squirrel ridin' the tiger's got my number, boxed me in and fount-out my pre-dict-able be-haviors."

Being around a people for more than a few fleeting moments has taken some of the hollow blankeness out of Sally's eyes, returned some of the color to his cheeks. It was certainly preferrable to creeping through the woods, as he'd been up to for weeks now.

"I ain't much one fer nu-ance," Sally says, "But I ken court with the idea of nobody bein' jus' one thang. People do funny stuff when they ain't got nothin' else ta do."

As Madrigus slides onto the porch, Sally gives a wave, "Hey there, Mad-ri-gus, ain't seen you in a country minute. We's just gettin' ready to chase Ms. Blue here through tha woods, all playground like. See if we can peg 'er with a bean-bag in an hour er less. Might not be a bad idea ta get that big brain a yers on the case, if yer game. Jus' no, uh, funny business, and no rilin' up the local kul-ler none, les' Sheriff Winters catch wind."

While Sally looms over Madrigus by head and shoulders, he talks to the man almost like he would a commanding officer, his words chosen to be as inoffensive as possible.

Sally looks to Leo, "Man, if I'm the one keepin' track a rules..." he shakes his head, "We gon' end up in a jail cell. I ain't never been to good 'bout that, as one might come to expect, if they profilin' my be-havior." He gives sidelong glance to Liberty.

When Alice rounds the corner, Sally's glance lights up all the way, "Hey there, Chickadee! Jus' the lil' lady this rag-tag buncha fellas needs ta see!"

He steps forward towards the girl, "We gettin' ready to play Hounds to Ms. Blue's Fox," he tosses some beanbags her way, "Let slip the dogs a' play, an' all," he grins, "Mr. Mad-ri-gus might even join in. Get our legs stretched ou' some. It ain't no midnight snow baseball, but it's a way to put an afternoon ta rest, I tell ya what."

With a handful of people around, and mischief afoot, Sally seems almost completely back to normal (if lighter a pound or two of jangling accessories), his earlier twitchiness evaporating away.

Looking to Madrigus and Alice, Sally says, "So whadda ya'll say?" His eyes bounce between the two of them, a mixture of eagerness, desperation, and the usual battlefield bombast swirling together.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby kimp » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:25 pm

:: Liberty's gaze focuses on Madrigus as he approaches, then shifts to catalogue Alice. She takes a very subtle step back so as to encompass the entire group with her gaze. ::
Hello Madrigus. Alice. We are going to do a training exercise where, as Sally says, you chase me and try to hit me with beanbags. It helps the fox learn evasion techniques and the hounds how to work in a group.

There aren't many rules. I get a five minute head start. I can hide or keep moving or, if I am aware of your approach, I can choose to break hiding and flee.

Sally stipulated no :: she makes air quotes :: Funny business. Nothing illegal. Nothing the Sheriff would :: air quotes again :: take exception to. Or...
:: She pauses, cocks her head, then settles on :: Extra Juicy, I guess is a way to put it. Like, Leo agreed to no arcane or divine magic or relics or grimoires or magic stuff. No breaking bones.
:: A small smile curves her mouth ::
That was me, not Leo, on the bones. Just good clean training fun.

We stay in the city limits, off the high school grounds, and go no more than a half mile into the woods.

:: She focuses on Sally ::
I may have missed something? Do you recall any other stipulations?

:: Allowing him to mull, she turns back to the others ::
We've been looking for others to join the hunting pack. If you would like to join?
:: She turns slightly towards Alice and gives her a steady stare ::
Sally seemed to feel this was a game you might enjoy. It can be a great deal of fun. And, you would be with him, so...

Anyhow :: her focus goes more macro again :: The more hunters the better.

I would like to ask a question though. You might have wondered what Sally meant by the squirrel riding the tiger?
:: Without waiting for any affirmation, she continues ::
That was my answer to the question of 'if I was an animal, what animal would I be'. You have...
:: She turns and nods at Leo :: A Lion and..
:: A shift has her indicating Sally with a point of her chin :: a Dog or Alligator or Dog/Alligator hybrid. And, today at least, I am a black squirrel and a tiger.

It seems a frivolous question but it will help us understand how each of us may play the game if we understand how each other sees themselves. See, a Lion is a nocturnal hunter. They can appear to be quiet and refined, while containing a quintessential feline personality within. And male lion-types have a tendency to be focused on the big picture, leaving minutiae to their mates or underlings. A dog is protective, loyal, and both a natural leader and also an excellent follower. And an alligator...
:: The corners of her mouth quirks ::
is a stealth hunter that lies in wait patiently and preys on the weak.
:: With that she gives just a little insight into her 'amazing psychic/profiling' of Sally from before ::
There are a lot of other elements you can ascertain about a person from the animal they see themselves as. Those are just the simplest examples.

So, do you want to play? And, what animal are you today?
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Alice's body relaxed and shifted, shoving her notebook into her back pocket before looping a thumb through her belt loop. It unhooked to reach up to grab the beanbags out of the air, examining them curiously and then looking up at him. She continued forward to bump her shoulder into his arm lightly, looking down as she listened to the words people were saying.

At the explanation of the game, she froze, her eyes snapping to Sally with concern. For a second she was far away, lost in her turbulent mind. Another place, another time, joyous laughter and a bout of wild howling as they bounded through the woods, chasing down a-

But leave it to Sally to call her back, speaking the words "midnight snow baseball". She exhaled and looked up with a small headhsake, jostling him again with a tiny headhsake.

At Sally's 'whadda ya'll say', she moved towards the edge of the back deck of the AAA, shoving her battered baseball bat underneath. Next went her bag. Lastly her thigh holster, complete with pistol, was stowed. She was left with her ragged shirt (slightly bloodstained and reading "I'M GOING COMMANDO" with a Gears of War symbol), her black shorts, and her varied collection of necklaces.

She began stretching, her eyes flickering towards Liberty as she spoke of animals.

There was no hesitation in her response, her blue eyes fixed on the other woman. Her hands moved up to twist around the chain her cross hung on. And then further up, to the hound medallion, fingers moving over the wood carving of the hound's head.

"Hound," she said without hesitation.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

PreviousNext

Return to Main Street