#6 Main St.

Re: #6 Main St.

Postby Owle Isohos » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Kelsey nodded to Alice and Sally. "I was gonna say that the last place I'd look is that crazy little community up near it. You know, the one where the people there don't breathe air? But that might be outside the town limits - I'm not all that sure where the town limits are."

She chuckled. "I wasn't planning on having kids, neither. Though I gotta say, it makes me sad thinking there won't be any little Sallies running around in the world."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby kimp » Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:27 am

((The narrator would *love* to know where the power plant/nuclear reactor falls on the map so she can say whether Liberty's been there, is there, or was never seen nor heard from in the area - in case that's where this is heading.
And... play on :) ))
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Sally » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:31 am

[A brief word from our Sponsors- AmiZon, when you need something most likely illegal, we'll have Blackstone deliver it. Have you tried our free one-month subscription to AmiZon Ultimate?]

I would say it's in the "2'o'clock" region aka the "Industrial District" on the Sally Lautner approximate Map of Whisper Hill. I'd say that there are number of warehouses, old machine shops, etc, where trouble often finds itself.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Sally » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:12 pm

Sally grins at Kelsey, "Oh, there was a sayin' back in Harlan-" his voice ships to a louder, even thicker Kentucky drawl- "LAUTNER, SUMMDAY YOUS GON' HAVE CHITLINS A' YA OWN AND THEY GON' RAISE ALL THE HELL YOU DUN RAISED AND PUT YOU BALD-HEADED!" His voice shifts back to normal, "So I think a' bein' without childrens like me 'voidin' some kinda pro-phec-ized doom."

He thinks on whether Amertume [?] is actually in the town proper, "I thought they was they own thang? Like that Pine Barrens? But, what the fuck do I know?" he shrugs, and glances around, looking for any locals that may know the answer.

"They both in the same di-rect-ion though, raight? Could stop at 'em both."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby Madrigus » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:44 pm

(Sorry for being out; lost internet. But I got it back so... yay.)

He had been so sure he was right, and though the fact that he had been wrong didn't surprise him an overwhelming fury swept over him. His fists clenched and shook and he turned from the boy lest he strike him. The air around his hands rippled with a heat that anyone standing too close to him would feel.

After a couple of deep breaths he got control of himself using one of the mantras his mentor taught him. The rippling heat subsided and his breathing steadied, though he remained quiet for a long time.

Finally he spoke up.

"Last place anybody would check is the diner where we started. If she's running us a false trail she'll probably end there. The nuclear plant is another good place to check; honestly I had forgotten about it." He remained silent after that, still annoyed, plus he had no onon how best to approach the power plant.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Owle Isohos » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Kelsey chuckled at Sally's words. "Well, we wouldn't want you losing your hair, now!"

She listened quietly to both him and Madrigus. "We're closer to the diner than the nuclear power plant. Why don't we stop there first? No sense getting irradiated if we don't have to."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby kimp » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 am

As the group stands about talking (for... tick tick tick... four minutes and 36 seconds now - its possible the narrator pulled out a stop watch and did a playback of the conversation, with 'voices') two mice walk out onto a low-hanging limb of a nearby tree. One mouse is short and fat and has a very large head and a prominent brow that emphasizes his squinty pink eyes. The other mouse is thin and, in comparison, tall and leans forward in a very slight stoop so that it can peer intently at the big-headed mouse.
Oddly, they both stand on their back legs, almost like 'they think their peoples'.
The big-headed mouse taps his chin with a finger. The taller mouse bobs his head and flails his little mouse hands, then makes a gesture at his mouse legs.
If there was a shaman in the group they might overhear a very interesting...
Oh, there is no shaman in the group. So, nope, nothing to hear here.

(The narrator is growing antsy. An antsy narrator is a sca-aaaaaa-ry thing)
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Sally » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:54 pm

As he brushes a hand through his hair, almost admiringly, Sally starts to say to Kelsey, "I used ta say that the wors' day a mah life was in basic, gettin' mah head shaved, but-" before he can amend that statement with what day everyone knows well and good eclipsed that one, he cocks his head.

Frantic little rodents.

"An' shit, ain't there that lab we bust inta?" Sally cuts off mid-sentence, a habit that comes tall too easily after speaking with Alice or Liberty for any length of time, "Tha's down in that Ind-dust-rial Sector, by tha' Reactor."

He squints, picturing the terrain of Whisper Hill, "Iffin' we cut back toward the Triple-A, we ken take the path down by the lake, follow it pass't tha docks, an' hit the Warehouses an' other assorted Corp-or-ate fuckery."

He scratches his chin, "I say we actually buzz right by tha Diner an' circle back right away. Mebbe leave somebody near tha back entrance- case she is in there an' bolts- then er'ry body regroup an' move ahead?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby kimp » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:44 pm

:: the tall, skinny mouse makes a noise that sounds like 'narf!' And scurries down the tree trunk. The big-headed mouse glowers beneath his heavy brows and follows. They scamper past the assembled group. The tall mouse pauses to look at the peoples then continues on, the shorter mouse on its heels.
They head in the direction of the Shadegrove condos. Fixed on their course the big-headed mouse misses the piece of paper that slides from under its arm and drifts in its wake. ::
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Leo Wilds » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:40 am

Leo spaced out ignoring those around him and the group to fixate upon the odd happenings of the mice. After a while they scurry away an he notices on drop a piece of paper. Walking over he picks an up and walks back to the group.

"You know I think shadegrove is worth a second check. I just realized that we didn't actually look just chased someone an failed to actually assess the area." He said breaking his silence.

Opening the piece of paper he held it just farenough from him so they could see it. Then began trying to read it out loud. Just out of curiosity.

(Sorry for the absence been crazy with work an home. Do sorry for holding u up.)
"For better or worse I should have known, but to die by your hands I should have known."-Donald Edward Lareau
Leo Wilds

PreviousNext

Return to Main Street