#6 Main St.

Re: #6 Main St.

Postby kimp » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:24 pm

:: Liberty listens to Blacklight, her eyes narrowing slightly in recognition of his reference to Bob’s interaction with ‘Internal Affairs’, her expression otherwise smooth and, if not serene, then at least… smooth. Before she can make comment the Black Op-erative is gone. ::

:: She shakes her head slightly and her lips quirk on a wry grin ::
Say this for Blacklight, he has that whole sensei imparting knowledge then getting gone thing nailed.
:: A snort escapes her nose when Sally calls Blacklight “Quattro” ::
Quattro :: she mutters under her breath, then grins ::

Am I ready to run? I’m always ready to run. But… wait…
:: Following Sally’s example, she divests herself of a small gun that is in an ankle holster, 8 throwing stars that she pulls from various places upon her person, the Kali dog tag she wears around her neck, the heavy stone set of mala beads from the outside pocket of her cargoes, and a set of Chinese meditation balls from the other side pocket which chime as she places them on the step. After a moment she goes back to the pocket of her hoodie and pulls out a set of dice. Then another pat down of the other side and she brings out some jacks and a ball. Seemingly satisfied she’s taken off all the potentially jingly or stabby stuff she removes her backpack, unzips it, and places all of the discarded items within it before zipping it up again and looking in Leo’s direction ::
Can I stash this here?

:: Compliance assumed, she folds her hands together, reversing them to stretch the tendons, her elbows, and her shoulders ::
So, what are my parameters? Limit on distance? Time of head-start? Length of time before you give up…?
:: This last is said with a decided twinkle in her eyes ::
Oh… :: she adds :: and I welcome a posse.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Leo Wilds » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:09 pm

Seeing everything going on around him Leo statts to go into s deep thought. When Sally asked is he was down to husslin he chuckled alittle. Hearing Sally cut himself off he jnew well what was the rest of the sentence. Dam butcher.

"Why of course im ready Sally. " He said. Watching sally go disarm reminded him he had to as well.

As lady Blue started disarming he did as well. Removing his two jacket revolvers Pain an Panic, his hidden deriger, and two short blades he wrapped them all in his coat. Removing his tie, vest, and dress shirt left him in just a pair of jeans and dry fit t-shirt. As Blue asked he if he had room to store the bag he offered by gesture to bring the bag in.

"Why sure I can put it with my things so no one while touch it." He said. Talking in Blue and his stuff and placing it carefully on his bunk. Grabbing a satchel bag off the bunk over his own he put one arm and his head through the strap. Who knew his bag of bean bags would come in handy. Walking outside he opened the bag and grabbed a few out. They were purple in color and fairly suishy.

"Think these will do Sally?" He said jokingly
"For better or worse I should have known, but to die by your hands I should have known."-Donald Edward Lareau
Leo Wilds

Postby Sally » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Sally rubs the scruff of his chin- his mutton chops are starting to become more of a beard- and considers Liberty's question the rules of engagement. As he's thinking, he gives Leo the thumbs-up for the bean bags, and finally settles on:

"We all start in the AAA, an' you get a 5 minnit head start on us. Given how often we get a ruckus down by there, it'll be good practice. Gotta stay within the town limits, and no mo' than haff-mile into them woods. No sense gettin' somebody 'Squatched," he says, shaking his head for a moment, "T-the Field with tha... fuel pump... tha's off limits, and we should prolly stay off the high school grounds, fer the sake of the local pop-u-lations."

Squinting into the sky, Sally says, "Looks ta be 'bout two-thirty er so. Let's say, if you ain't wrangled by the time the sun's below the lake, we done lost it. Meet back at the AAA by full dark."

Looking Leo he says, "Anybody that wants ta join in ken, but no..." he puts a hand to his head and wiggles his fingers, "No funny bizness. 'N nothin' that'll give the Sheriff any more gray hairs. That daughter a' his done give him 'nuff already."

Rubbing at his wrist, Sally says, "An', uh, in the event of trouble. Real trouble, call out somethin' to clue ev'ry body else in. Somethin' like Code Red er sumsuch."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby kimp » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:29 am

:: Liberty's gaze skims over the array of beanbags and beanbag-like baggery ::
Impressive collection. I did not expect so many beanbags to be so readily handy.

:: Her grin drops from her face, just melts away in a second, and her gaze goes vague as she does some calculation ::
Full dark isn't until 9. 6 1/2 hours from now? Hmmm... I was thinking shorter, but with the limitation being the town-limits...?
:: Her mouth skews to the side and her gaze shifts up to the left then back down to look at them ::
Yeah... that works.

As for anyone joining in. That's fine, but, if they join late they can't use any information they saw prior to that in the hunt. As in, if they saw me run past their place 5 minutes before heading in X direction, they can't just head in X direction, or if they saw me roll under something they can't make a beeline for there. Make sense?

:: She looks steadily at Sally :: By 'funny business '
:: She makes air quotes :: I'll assume you mean nothing illegal...
:: There's a pause, then she adds with a clear question in her tone :: Or immoral.
:: After another infinitesimal pause she continues with a subtle grin :: Although immoral is in the eye of the beholder.

Considering that I got shot in the woods by parties unknown recently and left for dead, I'm good with a distress call.
:: Her brows lift slightly and there is a subtle twinkle in her eye as she adds ::
Although I do prefer a Code Blue. Would whoever runs into trouble screaming ridiculously loudly work for that or do we have to have a secret, coded scream? Like 'Argh! Code Blue! Code... stop hitting me! Argh!'?
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Leo Wilds » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:02 am

Leo listened intently to the ground rules being created by Sally an Blue suggesting terms between one another. He laughed a little when she made air quotes when saying nothing illegal. He knew full well each one of them had different special talents.

"In my case i take it no divine or arcane magic. Also no relics, grimores, or magic items. Then again only thing I have is a grimore." He pondered over what he said. Realising any normal person would laugh at what he said.

He began to stretch his arms and legs. Lumbering up before training exercises was always a good thing to do. He wondered how hard it would be to find Blue or even keep up with her.

"So Sally what you say loser buys drinks tonight? An good lady Blue if you win we both have to buy drinks for you tonight. Keeps it interesting an fun. Either way Sally and or me will end up buying drinks." He said laughing a little.
"For better or worse I should have known, but to die by your hands I should have known."-Donald Edward Lareau
Leo Wilds

Postby kimp » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:22 pm

:: Liberty nods ::
I don't drink alcohol but I do like tea. Expensive tea.
:: Her lips quirk ::
Lucky for you all I've found in town so far is Liptons
:: She gives a delicate shudder and repeats as if its a curse word :: Liptons

:: Her voice trails off as her gaze goes swiftly around the area, noting footing, possible trip hazards, and then going up into the tree line then down to the base of buildings. After that she shifts her gaze back, dividing it between the two men ::
If we are all good with the rules, let's head to the diner
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Sally » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:46 pm

Sally nods along, "Supplyin' drinks sounds right fair. I got a guy," he lowers his voice some, as if everyone else isn't acquainted with Ondrej Vlk or Henry Gondorf, two of the Not-From-'Round-Here-Club's most familiar faces.

"I couldn't tell ya wha's legal an' not 'round these parts, so less just stick with Don't Do Shit The Sheriff Would Take Ill To," Sally says, ignoring the question of morality altogether. How many folks layin' on the grass squrimin' did he plug out in that dark den of Yakuza? He'd lost count after popping his third magazine into his rifle. And when those went empty, he'd started just grabbing heads and applying the requisite 66 lbs of torque until the familiar pops-and-cracks sounded out. Fancy ninja necks snap just as easy as any others.

Furrowing his brow at Leo's laundry list of whats-its, Sally says, "...sure thing, nonna that business." He'd heard some of those words before, mostly when Cora and JD got to rambling on about her end of the business, but most of it was outside his reach.

"My guns is racked back in num-ber 5, so, only other thing I ken do means I'm 'lready wit-in arm's length," he shrugs. "Ya'll know I'm jussa... jussa reg-u-lar fella, right? I ain't got nuttin' special in my tank?" Sally sounds confused by his own words, and he glances around for any example of the irregular. "I ain't a dead-man-walkin' , er a demon-bound-in-chains, er a poison-veined puffer fish, er a were-ijit, er even no goat-legged Fey-rie, er an X-man her nottin' like that." As he ticks off the denizens of the Out of Towner Crew, a wave of distress passes over the Kentucky hillbilly. What in the blue fuck has he gotten himself into?

Shaking his of this- a means second only to the bourbon on his belt for making sense of things- Sally says, "Either way, drinks. I mean, if its tea yo' lookin' fer, I'm sure we can scrounge somethin' else up. All sortsa folks with fancy boots and coats in this place- folks with fancy coats drink fancy tea," he says with gravity, an unquestionable maxim.

"So, let's mover owsselfs down on ta the Triple-A an' see who else wants to stretch they legs some. Maybe start a clock fer an 'hour er so, 'stead of waitin' fer dark."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Leo Wilds » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:39 pm

Leo nodded his head in agreement and smiled. This place was his new home anf he didn't want his welcome to turn to a 'worn out welcome'. He started to walk towards the dinner going only as quick as Blue an Sally would moved so he didn't get there first.

The weather was a little to warm, but there was nothing he could do about it. Wiping his brow he glanced at thd sky and smirked. At least his day was about to become interesting.
Leo Wilds

Postby kimp » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:42 am

: Liberty is quiet for a moment, her gaze far away and - somehow - also everywhere at once. Then she focuses on something off to the left and a slight frown mars her features, her brows lowering as her gaze stabs razor sharp into that space. There is nothing there and yet she continues to focus, she cocks her head then rights it and her expression smooths out. Only after all of that does she blink and target the two men with her attention ::
An hour would be better for a first time.

:: She starts to move towards the diner, keeping time with them, then seemingly out of nowhere she asks ::
Leo? Sally? If you were an animal, what animal would you be?
:: If not for the intense gaze she slants at each of them, one might be tempted to dismiss the non-sequitir, but that intensity of gaze says the answer actually has relevance. To her. ::

:: Her gaze goes distant again, then she adds ::
I am always interested in the answer to that question. Parsing how people see each other compared to how people see themselves.

I might see someone as, say, a hound - friendly, a little bumbling maybe, mostly harmless though they could be roused to violence to protect what they care about. But, they might see themselves as... I don't know... a coyote because they know themselves and the dark impulses that they fight or give into.

I suspect if you asked most serial types what they are they'd say 'wolf' or something equally as popular. Or, obvious. Because its what they want to see themselves as - at least how popular opinion defines a wolf. A predator, a wolf among sheep. Yet they dismiss that wolves are pack animals and don't hunt alone. Because they lack imagination and embrace an ideal that is watered down by the society at large that they claim to deviate from. Now, if someone said they were a fisher cat...
:: She trails off. Shrugs ::
That is a person I would always keep in my sights.

:: Her lips curve on a very subtle smile ::
Knowing how you see yourself helps figure out how you will play the game.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Leo Wilds » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:51 am

Leo smiled at her question. He knew quite well what animal he would be if he was one. The thing is it was far to obvious of an answer. No matter how he looked at it they might just laugh at his response.

"Well I would have to say a lion. For I feel proud and have to protect my kin with all i can." Leo replied
Leo Wilds

PreviousNext

Return to Main Street