[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - The cold settles in

The cold settles in

Re: The cold settles in

Postby Heather N » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:15 pm

Dallas had gotten up close to them.

"I am going to try. Lou, you are more than welcome to join me. My father would love the company! Also, he is someone who could talk sports with you."

She laughed quietly and looked away for a moment. She not only wanted to enjoy the holiday with her father. She needed to talk to him about her mother. She was practically held hostage at McGregors. Maybe he would have connections to help her get out of this mess. She looked back to them and just nodded her head.

"I hope things are well for you Billy. I know for me, I will be happy to take a vacation from this town. Lou, you should really join me."
Heather N

Postby sndwurks » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:52 pm

"I think Lou could use a little vacation time, all things considered," comments Billy with a ghost of a smile playing at his lips. There is genuine mischief in his eyes, which is saying a lot considering how emotionless they have been lately. "Taking him to meet your father sounds like an excellent idea, Dallas. Quite kind of you even."

He finishes off the beer, and glances around a moment for a convenient trash receptacle. Not finding one, he shakes the last bits from the bottle and tucks it back into the small satchel on his hip. Billy glances up at Dallas.

"And things are... good, honestly. As good as they can be, I guess. But I kind of take life a day at a time. I seem to work better that way."
sndwurks

Postby Heather N » Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:04 am

Dallas blushed brightly as she caught on to Billy's comment.

"As friends of course. Just friends."

She shyly looked at Lou and just laughed some.

"Anyways, I agree with taking things a day at a time. This next month is a hard one for my family. It is important to make the most out of it. I just wish my mother could be with us..."

Her eyes looked worried as she seemed to frown.
Heather N

Postby ronfiction » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:11 pm

Lou was really not a fan of the city; or really anywhere that wasn't coos county. Heck, he didn't even like southern New Hampshire, which he described as anything south of Plymouth. But before he could suggest that Billy go with Dallas, Billy volunteered him.

"Maybe, unless you want someon to hang out here with Dan."

Lou said hiking a thumb over his shoulder to the apartment complex. Lou was about to suggest Dan come along too but figured that was out of the question and now he was actually worried about leaving him alone.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby sndwurks » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:55 pm

"Is Dan local?" asks Billy simply. "Even if he's not part of the tribe, there's a whole volunteer kitchen community service thing as part of the rally and march. Basically, we have to feed all of the people who show up, and they're always looking for more hands. I can take Dan with me, if you think he'd be interested. Might give him a slice of the normal to hang onto."

If Billy is dissuaded by Dallas's blush or Lou's own dodge, there is no sign of it in his own expression. He glances between the two of them, with a lifted brow. He settles on Dallas, with a touch of concern in his eyes.

"It's important to be around people who care about you, Dallas, whenever you can. Family is the best place for that. They're the only people who have to care about you, whether they like it or not."

The words only sound a little hollow at the end and there is a flicker in Billy's expression that might belie any belief he has in those words. Still, he is trying to sound comforting and encouraging in his tone and word selection, at least.
sndwurks

Postby Heather N » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:12 am

Dallas thought for a good few moments about Dan Kimball. She had told him that she was trusting him. It was just so hard to shake what happened that other night. There were just so many questions. But then Billy's kind words resonated with her.

" It is unsafe for Dan to leave here and even more unsafe for him to head to Boston. I am going to convince my father to come here. I will talk to Flo and we can have our own Shady Grove get together."

She smiled genuinely to the two of them.

"Because I am sure there is a good deal of people left who don't have a home to go to. With what this town goes through, we all need to be thankful for each other."
Heather N

Postby ronfiction » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:58 pm

Seemingly having dodged a trip to the scum hole that is Boston lou casts a look up to the apartment complex. Lou found it oddly comforting that there were still mundane problems out there. Although corporate espionage was well over his head it was easier to grapple with than human sacrifice staving off the end of the world. On that note Lou finishes his beer and stands back up.

"I'm sure you guys will figure out something for the island of misfit toys we got here in Whisper hill. Ops, wrong holiday."

Lou says with a little chuckle and picks his rake back up.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby sndwurks » Thu Nov 26, 2015 3:34 pm

"Hopefully, I'll run into a couple other members of the Tribal Council down on Cole Hill," says Billy, moving to his feet as well. He picks up Lou's empty beer can, and tucks it along with his own into the satchel on his hip. "Gigio'mdwa needs ears and a voice on that council, and while some of them has Marner's back... I'm not convinced that the only Darkened has been outed. And at least one of them is on the corporate payroll. Which does not spell good for us."

The shaman glances between Lou and Dallas, and tries hard to put a little bit of warmth into his smile.

"Make this Thanksgiving count, you two," he says simply. "And a friendly bit of advice? Don't wait to tell someone around here that you care about them."

With that, Billy gives a nod in a parting, and starts for the road towards the Triple A Diner.
sndwurks

Previous

Return to Shadegrove Apartments