[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Fun times at the Murder Mansion

Fun times at the Murder Mansion

Fun times at the Murder Mansion

Postby ronfiction » Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:43 pm

In the later days of April, the snow has melted and the weather has turned around some. Lou can be found clearing brush and leaves from the front of the shady grove apartment complex. Lou tries to spend as much time outside, doing work, as he can. He's always found it's a great way to stay in shape and recently... or at least since he's come to Whisper Hill, it's been a great way to clear his head. Today he was piling up wood that he had split into a pile by the front of the building, humming while he did so to the static that was coming out of a near by radio.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Re: Fun times at the Murder Mansion

Postby Heather N » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:31 am

Dallas walked down the steps of the apartments in to the warm day. It was nice to walk out in just a comfy t-shirt and some jeans. Today she was taking a break from work. Life in Whisper Hill was becoming just a little too weird for her to handle. It was the burden that she, and others like Lou, were stuck with. That was why she needed to find something to balance it out.

She walked over to the picnic table in front of their home and got comfortable.

"You trying to imagine something audible is actually coming out of that thing?" She joked with a smart grin. "I am pretty sure nothing is going to come through it; no matter how hard you wish...just saying."
Heather N

Postby Tempest » Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:03 am

vasily walks up from te direction of the lake lookin more put together then normal smiling broadly with sharp eyes.

How are you two doing today? And dear god Lou do you ever stop working?
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby ronfiction » Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:27 pm

Lou gives the radio a look and shrugs. Before he can answer Dallas he gives a comment to Vasily.

"Yeah, during the Christmas... I mean... er... Non-denominational holiday gathering... I stopped working for a bit."

He says and scowls some at his own terminology. He motions back to the radio.

"One of these days, it's gonna pick up something. You'll see."

He says stubbornly and stacks the last piece of wood onto the pile he was building. He whips off his work gloves and takes a seat at the table with Dallas.

"What are you folks up to today?"
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Heather N » Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:46 pm

Dallas just smiled and looked up to the sky.

"I am hoping for a whole lot of nothing. I just want to enjoy the day."

She looked back down to the two of them. Out of the people in the town, she felt like these two understood her the best. As strange as it was to think about, she felt so blessed to have them both sound.

"Why do you take a break Lou? Enjoy the weather and the quiet... everyone needs a break. "
Heather N

Postby ronfiction » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:21 pm

Lou motioned to himself in the sitting position at the table.

"I'm not opposed to taking a break from time to time, but I find it passes the time better to stay active. Also, I don't need to hit the gym if I keep working."

He said with a smirk. The real truth of the matter was that work was a distraction from the horrors and problems that circulated in Whisper Hill. Lou was slowly easing his way into what he started to refer to as 'the hidden world' and every time he got a little deeper into it, he needed distractions to level out his soul. Some people found such relief at the bottom of a bottle of whisky, Lou took a much more constructive path to regain his calm.

"I mean, think about it. All this wood piling beats having to do push ups or pull ups or yoga. Right?"

having spent his entire life out in the rural areas of New Hampshire, Lou also found peace in the outdoors. Recently someone had told him that he had a terrible childhood, having be denied video games and comic books. He had laughed at the notion. He spend his younger years hunting, fishing and hiking in the woods. Building tree houses and swimming in the lakes and rivers of Coos county. In his opinion, the book worms and technophiles that had come to town recently were the ones that were really denied the finer parts of childhood, not him, and he felt pity, not annoyance towards them.

"But I'm with you one this one Dallas. It's damn near beach weather today. Might just take a longer break than normal soon."
ronfiction

Postby Tempest » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:29 pm

vasily looks at the radio for a moment and tilts his head.

"what do you think will come in on that when it does. the think in the diner makes odd music this cant be much better."

V looks to lou with a genuine smile.

"for the day I am just trying to enjoy the weather and well everything for once with a clear mind. well it lasts that is."

"lou if you have to work why don't we work on doing something about the drafts in our house?"
Brandon Harris

"This is not going to be a good day."

Also.Vasily ,Kynon barra, Markus de' cavalier, redcard stralt, sabastian Dalton, father Alexander Marshall, Templeton stormwright.

(ooc Michael goulston)
Tempest

Postby ronfiction » Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:52 pm

Lou motions over to the radio.

"This time of the year... The sox games. One of these days I'm gonna be able to hear them again. One of the few things I miss about Berlin, at least there I could catch the games on the radio or TV."

He says and looks up to the windows on the second floor of the apartment complex.

"Come this summer, you'll be thankful for those drafts. You southerns will get used to the winters in time."
ronfiction

Postby Heather N » Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:15 pm

"You do realize I grew up in Boston? This weather is by no means a surprise to me."

She just laughed and laid back on the bench seat.

"And Lou, if you want to hear the game, You could probally talk to Harry. He could do some tech voodoo thing for it..."

She stopped talking for a moment to cringe at the word voodoo. She was no expert on the matter but she did know that it was never good to mess around with that stuff. He recent brush with it still made her uneasy. She just put on a happier face.

"I still think we need to start our own baseball-ish game here. Remind people what it means to have fun and... Be human..."

She made an awkward smile.
Heather N

Postby sndwurks » Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:13 pm

sndwurks

Next

Return to Shadegrove Apartments