[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - April Research Wrangling

April Research Wrangling

April Research Wrangling

Postby Brett » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:37 pm

Brett stands up while the Diner sits without its owner. The various newcomers of town idly going about their day are interrupted by a loud, clear voice obviously from years of radio developed to draw attention and annoy.

"Morning everybody! We don't have a ton of time to sort this all out so i'm going to list out the projects we're working on and if you're in need of thigs to do who to talk to."

Brett pulls out a binder, mishmashed, scarcthed, torn, and heavy. it lands on the table with such a resounding thud that if his voice didn't grab you, certainly the boom would have.

"Project Prussian Blue, we're working on dealing with the radiation issue and we've got some promising leads. What we need now is some paranormal eyes on the prize as it's pretty obvious this stuff is not normal radiation. If we can't cure it, shielding it from detection might be a good bandaid so if you're up to the past i'll put you on the list! Sooner the better who knows when what's coming will show up and find us all delicious."

Dr. Zinc and Professor Challenger are great resources for this,

Project Easy Bake Oven: For those who have that wasting illness that makes them hungry... This is a major short term project we need resolved or we're going to lose some of those closest to us

He waits to let that sink in.

"Melanie Walker is your new contact! "

Project F That Hike: Reserach into our Fey friends has changed into reserach into those purple Fomorian SOB's, it has been retitled Project "F Those Horns" If you want in this will pretty much be paranormal, but some technical properties on the Cold iron would be a cool little side job!

Speak up if you're focusing on this I want to get a point person here as this stuff is a mess.

Project Shanghai: Looks like some chain letter techno-demonic BS that needs solving before we have a legion of kids become possessed by something awful. Harry and the Reverend seem to know more about it, default to them.

Project Power Cell: Tech stuff, robot tech stuff we really, really could use as back up. If you're tech and curious default to Harry.

Project Stork: This one is newer, we need people who are good with the normal stuff to track down Talon. We have evidence to believe they're using children in experiments and this needs to end asap. It's brand new so if you want this to be your work step up.

Looks like Red is chairing this! Red, chat with Harry and get some tracking down on that beacon. We may need a team of people who aren't for research that are up for taking the fight to Talon. Put together a team to kickass and take names.

There are other projects we're keeping hush hush about, no Touched need apply. If you're curious just approach me or Mason and we'll see what's what.

Ok, Who's Got Me?!
Last edited by Brett on Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Re: April Research Wrangling

Postby Wolfman2006 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:11 pm

Mason nods approvingly to Brett's speech. He stands up and address both Brett and the rest.

To add to that we have Project Mr. Roger's Nieghborhood: Tracking down the individual who has been hurting and torturing the potential sacrifices and pinning Project Snapdragon on them to close the Federal investigation.

And while its in need of a name and I am hoping Doc Zoey Zinc and Ash will take point; there is the matter of the woman and her kidnapped and now murdered family that needs looking into. This one is likely going to need detective skills and those more technically inclined. They had some potentially uniquer technology and implied corporate backing."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Madrigus » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:19 pm

Madrigus looks around to see if there's a response before he stands to add his reed.

"I'm heading Project Amethyst. It's about those eyeball-tentacle things. I have a fair idea of what they aren't, but Gabriel and I are still working on it. Furthermore if anyone catches a rumor about a disappearing farmhouse, direct that information to either Gabriel or me. I would also ask that if these creatures are seen again, someone should try to hit them with light. For science. They might be connected to the darkness.

"There's also a personal matter I'd like to request help with. It'll need someone to most likely have some paranormal contacts in London, or who can get there, or something. I need help finding someone. If you can help I'd greatly appreciate it, and will try to pay for any services rendered.

"Uh, that's it. Thanks." He sits back down.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby redraverfae » Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:37 pm

The candy-dancing pharmacist in the back pulls a musical jack out of her left ear. "So, I have a couple of questions, actually: is anyone else a Pharmacist? Because I got a hold of some wickedly interesting stuff that I'm still attempting to sort out, and could use a hand if you are. I don't have a Project name for it as it dropped in my lap Sunday via a handsome weather guy.

"For Project Prussian Blue, is it only those who work with Paranormal stuff on a regular basis, or would any help be good at this point?

"Lastly: I have a thing for kiddos so I'd like to head it up, this Project Stork. That said, I'd need to be informed on how it all links together, since I don't want to waste any time on things people already know; all I've got is they're the dudes that attempted to get back Pandora, and were really bad at it Saturday night." She grins briefly. "I missed the November gathering where they snagged her, unfortunately, so if someone else feels that they CAN do better than I at leading this Project, now's the time to say something instead of letting it crash and burn. Helicopter pun intended, heh."

redraverfae

Postby Mells » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Hey all, I think this time around I'm going to take up point on project "Easy Bake Oven", I think I volunteered at the town meeting to do that, but I can't remember.

Any help you can give to this project is appreciated.
Melanie Walker

"The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places." -Ernest Hemingway
Mells

Postby cathy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:54 pm

Project Fossil: This is going to be for the Trillobites and I am connecting Erin and her losses since I beleive them to be connected.

On the corporate angle I from when I talked with Erin I will be calling her company to see what I can learn however I won't be able to impart any 'extra' time and effort, so I cannot guarentee any results. A large Medical issue was dropped on me Sat that I need to look into asap.

On the foundation of Trilobite that at this time I am counting it as one in the same issue, I think Levi is working this angle already, and I don't want to step on his toes nor volunteer him without his consent.

If anyone sees Levi, drag him and his cake over.
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby cathy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:05 pm

But yes, I am developing the best corporate tree that I can in order for this to be looked into more efficiently, not just for this issue but all corporate issues in the future.
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby kimp » Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:27 am

:: Liberty closes the reader she was ostensibly reading from and strolls over to the corner ::
That Stork thing. I don't do research but I wanted to ask if you are coming from the angle that Talon was hired to collect Pandora and likely, very likely, they weren't the ones that used her...
:: there is a very slight hitch and she gives a slow blink ::
as an incubator.

:: She lets that hang for a moment, then adds ::
It is more likely the experiments were done, and the child was collected, by the outside agency that hired Talon to collect her to begin with. I suggested following the money. Contractors always make sure they get paid.
:: A subtle shrug ::
Someone paid Talon and someone should be able to follow the trail back. Mason already spoke with Harry about that, but I thought I'd mention it in case no one else was aware of it. Talon isn't the enemy. They are just the hired help.
:: A pause, then ::
Probably...

:: With a slight nod, she strolls on back to where she was sitting before and pulls a pile of toys out of her backpack, arranging them on the table in front of her ::
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Rhyan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:37 pm

::Harry Stands::

I'm apparently helpful now, I know, it surprises me too. So my rundown.

Prussian Blue: not my chair
Easy Bake Oven: also not my chair
F that hike: Super not my chair
Shanghai: Getting into my chair, but I don't have the resources at this time.
Powercell: Actually my chair. Research going into it at least one way, if not two.
Stork/Pandora: Not actually my chair but I have a piece of tech, and that was a terrible mistake for them. I plan to backtrack it to their house, and knock on their door. Real hard like. I had already named it Project Pandora, because I'm shitty at names and I know that at least one other is tracing the tracker ping back to the source with me using that name. Any and all are welcome, and I will hand over the reigns to Red.

Additionally, I have been for a while and will continue to look into Corporate entities and that whole...thing. I already have a document containing 95% of the information I have. There are two bits that aren't my secret to keep and so I will let the keepers of those secrets divest that information if they so choose. I have three others currently looking into some of the companies as well. Zinc, maybe you and I can join forces on this. Mega-Corporations are mega-bad after all. Well, most of them at least. AMT isn't, but ya, the others all suck. Hell anyone who want's to see what I've come up...
::Harry opens up his laptop and spins it round. On the screen is a Google Doc with a host of information. ((https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WtMIV ... authuser=0))::

Any one with anything to add, or take off, please contact me, I will be more than happy to oblige.
Rhyan

Postby Brett » Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:41 pm

Nice work guys! Things are coming along. in addition, we have some updates here. Looks like one of my special projects needs some paranormal investigation, if you aren't Touched message me if this applies!

A few quick projects just came to light. these are ongoing and don't really need research, but they're great for think tanks.

Operation Throw Rug: Keeping this crap undercover! Finding and plugging leaks of information, diverting media attention, making life agreeable while the rest of us work. i think Levi is running the show here, message him to think of ideas we can use and some protocols! We need a minimum of friendly fire here and that will take cooperation.

Operation Red Book: This one is going to suck, it's putting together everything we know, profiles, information, ideas, a beastiary etc. I know some of you have been working on this with remarkable ability! Coordinate with me, Mike Strife, or Billy and we can get a resource we can all use to figure this crap out.

Keep it up guys!

Operation
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Next

Return to Research Corner