Keep the lights... and appliances... on?

Keep the lights... and appliances... on?

Postby Sally » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:26 pm

Sally Lautner, looking a bit dazed and a bit ragged around the edges (as per usual) toddles his way into the AAA Diner and bee-lines for the largest group around. He does the compulsory glance-about to make sure none of locals are about, before saying.

"So, what're we doin' to make sure them there Thek don't go Boldly Goin' and take the lights wif 'em?"

He glances about the room, to all the outlets, to the lights overhead. To the Jukebox.

"Cuz we helped get coolant fer repairin' they ship, right? Ganked it from the Amertume folks?"

Scratching at his head, distantly remembering leaving a pile of dead gas-maskers and stomping his way back to the town. Sally shakes his head,

"An' as far as I know, if they go jet-settin, we is pretty much right fucked, raight?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Re: Keep the lights... and appliances... on?

Postby kimp » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:36 pm

:: Liberty comes in from the kitchen with a cup of coffee in hand, plops down on one of the couches facing the fireplace, and braces a foot on a stool ::
I don't know if any of the tech type people have been talking about that, but, now that I think about it, you have found a very large hole in our future plans.

:: She sips her coffee, goes quiet a moment, then adds ::
Last I recall the idea was they would protect the power station until they left. I'm not sure if anyone considered that they may *be* the power supply that runs the station. I know I haven't.

Have you heard anyone talking about it?
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Casidhe Cool » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:45 am

Casidhe perks up when she sees Sally come in and moves herself and her Pepsi over to him and Liberty

"Sal! Oh it's good to see you! I had to skip down back home late last Saturday night; Never found out if you made it out of Parson's place. I was actually worried! You shouldn't do that to nice girls; it might be considered rude!"

She gives him a quick pat on the shoulder before retreating back into her personal space.

"As for your question, Yeah; I helped Davenport and Erlend acquire us a little piece of Quazar labs tech called a zero-point modulator... Something-something makes electricity from a black hole... or something.... Hopefully we can use that in place of the Ship.... and Hopefully those couple of scientists who saw us will take Davenport's hush money and not blow our inside guy."
Casidhe Cool

Postby Madrigus » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:31 am

Gary sat at the end of the long table nearest the couches. Piles of books covered the table in front of him, along with a short stack of papers. Propped up on the book piles and open rested the giant flesh tome. He frowned, absently picking at his toast and a mug of tea.

When Sally began speaking to others about the ship, he perked up and twisted in his seat.

"I was under the impression that the ship and power station were two different things. So if they leave they leave; we should still have power, right? Furthermore, if we do need to protect it ourselves, why not make a town fund and hire Blackstone? We could all throw in a few credits to pay for it. Problem easily solved."
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby kimp » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:39 pm

:: Liberty takes a long pull off her coffee then shoots Casidhe a glance over the rim ::
So, Baby Snark, there was a plan regarding the power plant but no one shared with the rest of the class. Color me surprised.

:: She takes another sip ::
So, where is it now? Do you know? And what plans are there to take this thing and make it viable? I'm guessing the engineering types are on that?

:: she turns slightly towards Gary ::
I'm not sure that we know if the Thek are the power source or if there is another one. I'm guessing that's why the Super Sekrit raid was done. But, having Blackstone defend the Plant, whether its powered by its standing supply or a wonder machine, might be a way to ensure the lights stay on.

:: Turning back to Casidhe she adds ::
I'm guessing you guys were Super Sekrit or do we need to be concerned Quazar is going to come after us for their multi-gazillion-dollar gizmo?
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Casidhe Cool » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:47 am

"Well pot, Kettle called but said the voicemail box was full! I think Sal here earned his Snarking; worrying us like that! Seriously though.. you more or less OK? measured By Sal-standard units? Metric? Kelvins?"

She flashes a genuinely friendly grin in the name of good-natured chain yanking.

"Anyway, I don't know if there was a plan, or if it was an improvised opportunity, and I don't know who would be heading up what-other plans either." She shrugs, "I would guess Davenport knows. And yeah, We were trying to be secret, but there were two innocent witnesses we didn't want to kill. Hopefully a little blackmail and bribery will do the job there. In the worst-case scenario I don't think WE were identified so much as our inside guy; I think we might lose him rather than face retaliation... Unless we lose him and he gives us up I guess."

Just then the microwave goes off and Casidhe heads over towards it calling her last remark over her shoulder before promptly returning with her mug

"Considering the rest of the stuff we have to worry about, end of the world as we know it not withstanding, it doesn't seem like a big addition to the pile!"
Casidhe Cool

Postby Sally » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:22 am

Sally blinks and shakes his head, having spaced out there for a hot minute.

He mutters something to Liberty about 'Bug chatter in his brains' as he shakes his head, but before he can muse too long on this, he catches up with the Grand Star Trek Hoodoo that Cassie spit out.

He blinks a few more times, "I ain't one ta be rude," Sally says, brow furrowed. "I can't right say how I got out. But, if I were the type to take to flights a' fancy. I'd bet I got dragged out by a rather big, Mean feller with a penchant for murderin'." He grimaces as he speaks. "Had me a hike back to town in the wee hours a' the mornin. Real rough country. Had to bush-wack right thru a whole slew 'a darkened the whole way."

He shrugs.

"But, do we got some way, be it from Harry n' Cassie's finaglin' 'r talkin to the Theks, to make sure we got ou' ducks in a row? Cuz, I don't like ou' chances a standin' against Ezekial-" Sally's spacey voice rolled over, hard and rumbling and full of broken edges when he said Parsons's name, and his whole body seemed to clench in a tic for a moment before he goes on, "come the time."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Madrigus » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:34 am

Gary laughed derisively, then shoved his hand under a book to pull out his grimoire. He then waggled it in the air at Sally. "Don't like our chances of standing against that lump? Don't forget I have THIS!" He then touched the book to his head. "And this. If you give me some time I may be able to craft, maybe not a solution, but at least an edge. Don't ever forget: this world follows certain rules, and here I have the power to change those rules.

"I'm of a mind we'll be seeing him and his own during the night, which would prevent me from making an effective weapon, but a wall? That I may accomplish, given the time. What do you think?"
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Return to AAA Diner