Working for a future

Re: Working for a future

Postby ronfiction » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:01 am

Lou shrugs at the offer and with some effort gets up and moves over to the other table. It was clear that he simp,y had to much on his mind to get anything done tonight. Billy had rattled him and his body was beat up. Not the best way to get a building clean.

"Sorry to have caused a scene back there. Didn't mean to disturb the peace. I've been a grouch lately."
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:57 am

Malcolm shrugs unperturbed
"I am hardly in a position to judge, don't apologize. I could speculate about your situation but that wouldn't be fair either, and somehow I think you have enough input on the matter, your own included. Instead I'd like to ask you for help if you are willing."

The teacher puts down down his red pen and shuffles the pile of typed essays aside, he does this slightly too slow and with a certain deliberateness, then briefly turns to pull out his pipe while he talks. While he does so his eyes search along the AAA, there is an almost practiced fluidity about it. Upon lighting his pipe he resumes eye contact with Lou seemingly satisfied. Anyone present wouldn't be an issue on delicate subject matters best kept quiet. He is not grim in speech or expression, but calm and focused, very decidedly so.

"John Marnier has given me an explanation of the... situation. But as I am sure you are well aware, even a detailed explanation from him tends towards a obscurity, to the point I don't think he even realizes it anymore. Olds habits I suppose"

The teacher chuckles lightly in a good natured manner. Before resuming that focused demeanor.

"I was hoping you can give me your own take on what to expect on Saturday night, especially as I will likely be with you... and as Mr. Saint Francis so adequately put it the other almost locals and out of towners when the calm ends and that storm begins."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby ronfiction » Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Lou considers the question for a moment and his one good eye shifts around the dinner.

"We should talk about this some where else teach."

Lou says to Malcolm and motions for door. It wasn't Eden he was worried about, but a lot of folks came and went from the dinner and conversation like this was not suited for public spaces.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Eden Jones » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:10 pm

Eden smiles and stands up. "I'll leave you two gentlemen to it, then. I'm sure you'll tell me if there's anything I need to know. I just wanted to make sure no one was going to set anyone else on fire. It's cold out, but we don't need that here."

She walks out the door, hands in pockets, humming to herself.
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby ronfiction » Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:42 pm

Lou gets up and waves Malcolm over and out the door with them.
ronfiction

Previous

Return to AAA Diner