Flo's Halloween Party !

Flo's Halloween Party !

Postby Flo » Fri Oct 23, 2015 11:17 pm

Attention all Ladies and Ghouls! (did you like that?)

Flo here! :mrgreen:

Since you're joining Whisper Hill for Halloween this year, I am putting together something extra special. I'm going to throw a Halloween Party in the AAA Diner and you are allllll invited! I'm so excited!!! I'm thinking it will start around 5:30pm, which is about when trick or treating should be wrapping up, and when folks should be eating whatever wonderful dinneraaa@ they have brought.

So, here's the deal. Since just plain parties can be boring, I've added some extra fun stuff; Halloween competition! Here's how you play:

Participants will form teams of 3-6. The whole team does not need to be present to play. Some games take multiple entries per team at the teams' discretion.

I will be your head judge with two guest judges, I'm not sure who is joining me yet... So three judges total. Judges you say?

Why yes! Teams can earn points for excelling in the various Halloween party activities! Here's the breakdown...

Decorations:
Individuals decorate the diner for the occasion. Judges will announce which contributions earn points, folks will step up. This means each team who wants the potential to earn points should decorate something!

3 points best decoration contribution, 2 points runner up, 1 point for third place.

Mummy Wrap:
Mummies will be made out of your friends using provided toilet paper. We will time you. You may split up your team however seems most efficient to you, including multiple entries if you wish!

3 points best mummy, 2 points runner up, 1 point for third place

Apple on a String:
Teams form pairs with the extra persons acting as cheer leaders. One stands on a chair holding the Apple, the other stands and eats the Apple, no hands.

3 point to the team who eats around the center first. 2 points to the team who leaves the smallest amount of apple on their string. 1 point judges award.

Pinata:
I'm going to take a drive, and find us a pinata. Judges will hold it up. One member from each team goes at a time, starting with the team with the least amount of points at this point; if there's a tie, it will be resolved with a tiebreaker. Hitter will be blindfolded, spun, and sent after it. (OOG: Pinata attacking does not require a particular weapon skill) 3 swings and you're out, next team tries.

Team to get first candy drop gets 2 points, team that splits pinata gets 3 points. Judges award for 1 point.

Dinking and Baking Contest:
Each team may submit as many entries into the baking contest as they want. Submissions utilizing pumpkin are a Flo favorite! Submissions Will be judged by the panel of 3 judges.

Top culinary choice gets 3 points, next gets 2, third gets 1.

While this is happening, there's a drinking contest. Each team submits one person to drink. Teams are timed, how many bottles of beer can they drink?

Most consumed in time frame gets 3 points, runner up gets 2, third place gets 1.

Costume Contest.
Costumes are only eligible if worn for the entire party. Every person may explain their costume if they so choose.

They are judged by panel, first gets 3, second 2, third 1.

Sounds like fun? I hope?

Judges awards of 1 point happen in some categories; you all frequently surprise me by being awesome and I wanted to leave room for that.

Final tally of points will be done...
Winning team gets a perk from the diner, and a little something.
Second place gets a perk from the diner.
Third place gets something from the antique dealer.

If you want to provide anything additional for prizes, let me know!

Questions? Comments? I'm excited.

TL;DR:
Halloween party in the diner 5:30 Sat night, Halloween games for points. Flo +2 judging. Participants split into teams, 3-6 in size. Categories are decorations, mummy wrap, apple eating, pinata, baking contest, drinking contest, costume contest. Prizes provided by diner.
Flo

Re: Flo's Halloween Party !

Postby Levi O'Brian » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:30 am

Well this does sound like a blast! I will be dressing up as my favorite television character Dale Cooper portrayed by Kyle MacLachlan. That was a very good TV show!

And as a side note to Flo, may I help judge the baking contest, especially if cake was involved in some way.

Special Agent Levi O'Brian
Special Agent Levi O'Brian
Played by Michael Oldziej
AKA Dr. Malcolm West, Kromac Kor-Dok, Dante Belane, Acerbus Umbra, Malus Ver'al, Damian McDermott, "The Bomb"
Levi O'Brian

Postby Flo » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:31 pm

I can't say I've ever seen that show, but I'm excited to see your costume anyway! As for the judging, I want to make sure you all get to play games with your friends, so I'd rather not have you helping me judge. I will however share all the yummy entries submitted with anyone interested once they have been judged.

:)
Flo

Postby cathy » Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:51 am

This sounds very enjoyable and I will excitingly participate. I have a few items to help decorate the diner Flo, and I will do my best making a pumpkin confection of some variety.

As for a costume, I will need to talk with AMT compliance and HR for compatible outfits for my station and rank. I doubt they will condone anything flashy but I will have something themed for the occasion.

I am mostly interested in this pinata striking contest, for I have never participated in such an activity. I doubt myself to be very good at hitting something blindfolded...but an experience is an experience.
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Return to AAA Diner