Keeping up the Vail

Keeping up the Vail

Postby Micheal Strife » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:44 pm

So it seems that the anniversary of blind molly is upon us. And the children of the town seem to think it is still a good idea to go out poke the barn where it happened. The sheriff of the town would probably like us to make sure this does not happen. So we need to run interference for possible kids going out to see this and poking things they should not.

Ideas GO!
Micheal Strife

Re: Keeping up the Vail

Postby Heather N » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:52 pm

"Well, I was actually going to post a sign up list for chaperones for the kids turning Trick o' Treat hours. Maybe we could make a neighborhood watch type thing? Get people to take shifts? I fear there might be a good amount of crazy out there. Sadly, we can not let them have there fun. It really is too dangerous out there."
Heather N

Postby ronfiction » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:41 pm

Lou sneers some at the mention of chaperones. He knew Dallas would rope him into helping her out with that and he was much more interested in drinking at a party that night. But it was the right thing to do after all. He thought back to his childhood and how he was able to trick or treat without getting attacked by moth creatures, or mole men, or cheese wolf, or Japanese gangsters or... you know... the thousand other things that attacks people in whisper hill.

"I'll help you out Dallas."

Lou says with a shrug of the shoulders. Maybe he'd at least get some candy out of the deal.
"Killing a thing doesn't make you a monster. Killing a thing that don't need killing makes you a monster."
ronfiction

Postby Micheal Strife » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:34 pm

I was more thinking that we work on making an alternate sot so we can drag the curious to a fake blind molly sight. Then we just scare them off with smoke and mirrors.
Micheal Strife

Postby Tesla » Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:41 pm

"Chloroform seems.......................................to work well"
The Professor looks around at people's faces
"I am..............just kidding. A neighborhood watch sounds like a good idea, though a distraction might work better. We could..................... set up a Haunted House/Trick or treat party. Keep most of the kids corralled in one area. That way when a few sneak off, we only have a couple to chase after...........come on, you know at least a couple will try."
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:02 pm

"I'd be willing to help out with a neighborhood watch," Kelsey volunteered. "I like the idea of a fake Blind Molly. We're not going to stop the kids from running off and trying, so give them a bit of a scare, a story to tell their friends, and get them home safe. We can always tell them it was us in masks in the morning." She shrugged. "A distraction's a good idea, too. If we have enough volunteers, why not do all three?"
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Tesla » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:02 pm

The Professor taps his pipe in his hand, thinking
"It's also .........................possible Blind Molly will show up again. We may want to have a group designated to look for her. Somebody who............will ask the right "question" this time."
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Chloe » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:38 pm

Chloe looks confused. "I'm kinda new in town and haven't heard of this before. How am I going to recognize this thing and what should I do to not get horribly killed by it?"
Chloe

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:53 pm

"There's this local legend about a girl who was accused of being a witch way back when by an Olmstead girl. Jealousy over a boy, I think. Anyway, poor Molly got hung, and the Olmstead girl plucked out her eyes and put them up in a tree. Something like that. Now, if you go to the right place, they say there's a poem you can read and a ritual you can do to get Blind Molly to show up and answer three questions for you."

Kelsey took a quick look around to make sure none of the locals were listening in. "It takes someone with an open mind to do the ritual. Someone like Alice, I think. Last year, we saw what I would've sworn was Blind Molly herself. She answered most of the questions, but then got mad at us for not asking the right one. Whose blood is on the stone?" The medic grew quiet for a moment, her expression somber.

"Well. We know the answer to that one, now." She sighed. "Anyway. After that, she screamed, and everyone started freaking out and panicking and running out the door. I didn't think she was that scary, but I was farther away - I hear up close it was a different story. Nobody died. Nothing chased us as we ran. All you have to do to not get killed by her is don't summon her, and don't go near her."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Tesla » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:10 am

"That was.............. a very concise and accurate description, Kelsey. You only missed one detail. Blind Molly................ was hanging from the rafters, if people's reports were correct. Actually hung from is a better term. And when she started wailing, it caused quite some emotional disturbances. My free.... therapy clinic saw quite a bit of work afterwards."
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Next

Return to AAA Diner