"Picinick" Activities

"Picinick" Activities

Postby liahgeron » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:50 pm

Gil slides into the Diner early one summer eve and calls out to the assembled folks,

"Anyone seen the Sheriff recently? I have an idea for a competition to hold at the BBQ and need his go ahead on safety before I ask a DPL Rep."

Gil pauses thinking for a moment.

"For that matter, does anyone know who at DPL is organizing the picnic?"
liahgeron

Re: "Picinick" Activities

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:46 am

"When leadership is in doubt, take the reigns. See who fights you for it." Henry chimed in.

(Volunteering to roll this into OOG for Logistic reasons)
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Re: "Picinick" Activities

Postby liahgeron » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:49 pm

"Fair point, Henry."

In a louder voice, "Hey folks, I was planning to drum up more local interest in my classes since they are now part of my primary means of support by running a basic dueling tourney at the picnic. I have some padded weapons I use for training that I will be providing and some basic rules for safety, but the gist of it will be a single elimination bracket of first to 5 hits matches. Winner gets a replica sword forged by me that matches the heft of the padded weapons we'll be using.

"As per the basic safety rules, if you've come by my classes, you should be familiar with them, but I'll go over them before we start. I'll be acting as judge for the tourny rather than fighting to keep things safe, but the hits will be on your own honor so I don't have to scrounge up 2 other judges for the standard 3 judge panel.

"The bracket ranking will be determined by your choice of a d6 roll or a first to 5 match with me with a time limit of 1 minute. In the latter case, your points will be based on your remaining hits plus the hits you've landed on me, making a max of 10 or a minimum of 0. I hope to get the brackets up and running within the first 30-45 minutes of the picnic so we can finish before the light fades. I'll hang up a sheet when I arrive and start sign ups. No entry fee required and all are welcome!... provided the Sheriff and
DPL don't disapprove that is..." Gil ends a bit sheepishly.
liahgeron

Return to AAA Diner