The Ace of Stones

Re: The Ace of Stones

Postby Owle Isohos » Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:59 am

"Damn," Kelsey said. "I've only seen maybe one machine gun nest, and I was terrified to go anywhere near it. Makes me doubly glad you and Ethan are around."

She considered his story for a long moment, then nodded. "Yeah...I can't imagine that would be anything like comfortable. Makes me glad I can't hear people's thoughts. People looked at me like I was crazy back in med school, but...it was never anything like that. More, maybe she's read too many fantasy novels and it's gone to her head than actual distrust.

"You are a hero, though. And a good man. So what if you can do more than most people?" She shrugged. "I can understand not trusting what you don't know anything about. Me, I know you've put yourself between me and danger, and that's good enough for me."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby lackey » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:00 pm

Thanks. Nothing like darkness cults out to kill us all to make us look beyond the small differences.
Ed
lackey

Postby Sally » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:14 am

Sally Lautner, looking more ... put together... than usual comes by at a good clip, heading to see if Professor Challenger had finished with those books from the Antique Shop, but skids to a halt when he sees Kelsey and Ed talking. His eyes are on the exposed Tarot card when he says,

"Er'rybody is what they is. Do what they do. Just how i' tis," he says, as if that means anything. "Huh. Looks like that there rock you made mention of. What with tha ooga-in' and tha booga-in'."

Sally smiles, "You listen to Kelse' here, though. She gon' lead us through the dead a' night, all dark an' terrorsome an' such."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Owle Isohos » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 pm

"Yeah," Kelsey said to Ed. "You can say that again."

She smiled up at Sally. "I don't know that I'm a great leader, but I'll try to light the way. As for this..." She nudged the tarot card. "I think that's maybe what it's meant to represent. I asked it about the people who were doing that to me, and it basically came up saying they were people trying to work their will on the world."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Previous

Return to AAA Diner