Charcoal rubbings

Re: Charcoal rubbings

Postby kimp » Sat Jun 13, 2015 12:02 am

:: Liberty frowns, then fans through her copious notes ::
I think the borders simply define the words when reading in a serpentine fashion.

I read it through again and once the serpentine made sense then lockdown worked. Hmm...

:: she frowns ::
It's easy to think that the numbers interspersed in the message are the code but... why are they interspersed the way they are? I wish we could figure out what that last word is. I see the letters siteacnpno but can't come up with a 10 letter word with those letters in it. And since those last two circles have the same border it suggests they are a single word. I'm trying to figure context of a sentence that reads "due to potential pressure WORD"

I'm also trying to figure out the first sentence. Hive 24 could be either Hive with the word 24 as part of a numerical code or it could refer to a 24th Hive. I'd also really like to know what the word is made up of letters EXTRAPOLI. Either the sentence reads Hive ?, meaning the word is an adjective tied to Hive, like hive nursery with the sentence going something like Hive nursery on vessel under the command of swarm ? queen. Or the words we don't quite have really need to be broken as they may tie together like EXTRAPOLI LEAST. I say this because after the 525 reference the sentences become coherent
:: she reads ::
in the event of an emergency all hatches will enter default lockdown position.
:: she looks up ::
that is really coherent. But
:: back to the paper ::
Hive EXTRAPOLI on vessel under the command of swarm LEAST Queen emergency hatch... that's an awful odd sentence structure. It lacks the flow of the other sentences, suggesting there is something more to that first sentence. What I will have to think about.

The term Book Code keeps playing through my mind.
:: She stops, sweeps the collected group with her gaze ::
You know, when you are given a key that directs you to read specific words in a book such as the Bible or a book of poetry? Only that doesn't quite pay out if you start with the sentence that makes sense and start counting words. Still...
:: shrug ::
maybe it might spark someone else's thoughts about how to use the numbers? As this is just a thought exercise, and my comments in no way reflect on anyone's idea of what this thing actually is, I won't speculate as to what Billy said. I just want to understand the puzzle.

:: Under her breath she mutters ::
Key to release that thing? The instructions seem a way to open locked down hatches on a vessel. Is the implication that space under the power plant is a vessel in lockdown and she's trapped inside because of this lockdown? Or is it something arcane couched in something mundane? If it is the former and she was locked into the vessel it could mean that she was a crew member in which case shouldn't she know how to get out? Or, maybe she was the emergency and she consumed everyone in the vessel once it went into lockdown.

:: she raises her voice to a normal level ::
Anyone have any quick ideas about the weird syntax in this puzzle?
:: she emphasizes the last word ::
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Previous

Return to AAA Diner