Catch-up Coffee

Re: Catch-up Coffee

Postby Henry Gondorf » Fri May 22, 2015 5:42 pm

"It's scary what happens when you realize how few consider the long view these days. How important that one deep breath before the jump can be. And considering what is out there, Victor, I can only prey The Prof got his mind up in the clouds as it were. As it stands, matters are only getting worse."

Henry gave a heavy sigh. "Look I'm not about to tip toe through the tulips here. Beyond the typewriter and what people found in that subbasement, we are still losing ground against the Darkness. Bob died because the Darkness made him such a deal if he refused people would have died. If Bod did not take so much into himself I don't know if anyone would have made it out of there. That does not change the fact we are lessened for it."

He gave Victor a meaningful look. "Ice Age is just a term to use. Snow comes and then it thaws. If Balor should win what comes next is beyond us to understand. What is Nothingness? What is the absence of all that we know? I doubt Balor ever considered this, Victor. He may know he brings the end with him. Maybe he thinks he knows a way to win out against the Darkness. But that is the problem people have with the Fae. Their being is proof of their right to rule. And for a time that may have been the way."

Henry got a far away look in his eye. "When the walls stood and the ways between were as sacred the rites of faith the happening in one world remained contained there. Balor fell as king to give rise to the court we know. And in his fall he took hold of the strongest hand he could to save himself. Even now as he regains the army he lost, he might well believe he will turn the weapons of his savior against it. And he will learn the hardest lesson we mortals face: You cannot slay the Devil with the gifts he gave you. They will turn by inches from his heart to yours," Henry shrugged and gave a weak smile, "And now you know why I try to keep things nice and light. Its too easy these days to get bowled under."

"Oh yeah, we ran into those eyes once again. The Moths came the following evening to warn of them and the bugs from the powerplant again. I am getting the unsettling feeling we would do well to find who or what is sending them to warn us."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Madrigus » Sat May 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Madrigus nodded to Liberty. "Do you know who's in charge of that? I would like to see them."

He turned to Victor. "Moggie came to us and said he had a solution to let out King Fey and solve the problem of the War of Seasons. This required us to pick three flowers from the hedge and use them in a ceremony. I wasn't able to pick one of the flowers myself, but it was my intention to abscond with one. Something had seemed wrong with the solution, but I wasn't able to get one of the flowers. If I had..." He trailed off and let Henry speak.

"'Eyes?'" He repeated. "What 'eyes?'"
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sat May 23, 2015 5:49 pm

"Those things that came out of the lake before. The ones with tentacles and psychotic beams of pain." Henry threw in.

"There is a few rumors making the rounds among the different circles in town. One group says it is a ship at the bottom of the lake, another says there is a door down there letting things from 'Outside' in to play, and yet another goes that it is yet another aspect of this town we are waking up by our actions or inaction. We can't seem to win some days." Henry tossed in at the end.

"We seemed to have made some progress in a few of the problems from before. How much I can't say for sure. Either they tell you what they think you should know in the broad strokes or you get fed a line. What I have hit upon is not the most pleasant. The issues with the Windiego are not abating. People seem more on edge about it now. I'm worried we're gonna start getting desperate and start jumping any old snakeoil salesman rolling inta town with a cure. Can't blame anyone really. We're all trying to pull this mess apart before it gets worse. Thing is we're all pulling whatever which way we can and it is harder to get a clear answer out of anyone these days."
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby kimp » Tue May 26, 2015 11:55 am

:: Liberty takes another sip of coffee before putting down her cup and answering Madrigus' question ::
I think the Professor...
:: her gaze skews subtly to the side and she mouths ::
And Maryanne ::
:: before focusing on him again ::
might be involved in the work on the symbols.
:: A slight frown draws her brows together ::
Although he may not be the Professor at this time. You know...
:: She taps her temple ::
The Professor isn't in right now.
Billy was there. Maybe he knows who else is on it.

It is unfortunate no one listened to your concerns regarding
:: she made air quotes ::
The High King. But it was probably better for you that you didnt. Likely they would have ignored your concern. Or worse. When I asked about the decision, after the fact, I was subjected to a virulent harangue. I can imagine what the response might have been right when it was happening.

:: She shrugged.. ::
When people think they are doing right they have a tendency to not look for what might go wrong. I, on the other hand, am always looking for the stick when offered the carrot. There is always a stick.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby kimp » Thu May 28, 2015 9:45 am

:: There is along silence then Liberty frowns again ::
I forgot...
:: pitching her voice so the question went to the table at large, she asks ::
Does anyone have any idea what to do with a potentially magical, potentially haunted, potentially Tulpa-making Evil Typewriter? We have a firm grasp on what to do up until we find the thing, but after that...
:: another shrug ::
wild speculation, little concrete and educated ideas.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Postby Madrigus » Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 pm

Madrigus silently digested all this information along with his pie until Liberty spoke again. He considered this a long moment before replying.

"There's several options. First: figure out a way to destroy it. Second: try and find a way to make it useful. I don't really think it's a veritable idea, but some objects used for evil aren't necessarily evil themselves. Third: bury it.

"I just finished all the research I've needed to do for the time being. If you let me have some time with it, I might be able to find a way to harmlessly disenchant it.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby Henry Gondorf » Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:38 am

"I think a few people want their chance to crack this nut." Henry said after a long silence. "This is one of the first few haunted items we've run across that we know is haunted and what it is broadly able to do. Granted, the last thing I want is some weekly columnist making headlines rather than reporting them. I believe, however, there is a point we are verging on where 'deep hole plus blessed cement equals solution' is not going to cut it."

Henry tried to think of a better way to put things but found a growing headache kept brilliance of reach.
He sighed. "There is nothing worse than a someone mouthing off when they don't have a damn thing to say. But lately, I've been meaning to expand my horizons beyond what I can see and touch. So here is my grand idea. I think that getting our hands on the damn thing is obviously the first big step towards solving this problem. There is a problem. Whatever is possessing it knows we are coming. It is taunting us by revealing itself a little more with each story it taints with its evil."

"The second matter is, and this is where I need those in tune with the celestial clock work to keep me from talking out my own ass here, I think before we destroy it we find out how it is truly made. Granted, the specter helping us has given a supposed cause for this happening. But if this is what it took for every piss poor writer out there to juice his writing we'd be knee deep in blood and shit each time a new book comes to print."

"I don't know why but I get that sinking feeling breaking this thing without a damn hard look at it is like trying to disarm a mine inside where they store the gunpowder."
Henry Gondorf

Postby Madrigus » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Madrigus nodded his agreement. "That's why I'd like to take a look at it. Of course, I wouldn't suggest somebody actually using it. That's just asking for trouble. But I might be able to find some particulars about it in my personal library, maybe even the Tower's library."

He drained the last of his coffee and winced at the thick whiskey taste at the bottom of the cup. After a moment he said, "At the very least I've a good idea about how to destroy it."
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby kimp » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:29 pm

:: Liberty glowers at her empty coffee cup, then pushes it away. She raises her voice so it will carry beyond the table, turning slightly to further direct the next to the room at large ::

Unless anyone else wants to run with this, I think Madrigus would be good to spearhead this project...
:: a slight frown ::
Issue...
:: a head shake ::
Kerfuffle
:: she raises her brows ::
I'm going with kerfuffle.

:; that telegraphed, she turns back to Madrigus. ::
I'm good on the planning of the basic engagement. Stories told. Creepy sort of girl talked to
:: a brow lift and in a self-depreciating tone she adds ::
Creepy girl, I speak
:: then she's back on point ::
and map pieces collected from creepy girl, putting together of pieces, following map, etc... I'm good with leaving the woo-woo stuff to the experts like you.

Once you have an idea or plan let us know what resources you think you'll need.
:: a shrug ::
Or if you need people to bounce ideas off of just ask. I know I'm invested in getting this fixed. We have enough nightmares in this town already. A creepy typewriter manifesting more is just overkill.
Liberty Blue
aka kim
kimp

Previous

Return to AAA Diner