[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Outside the Diner

Outside the Diner

Re: Outside the Diner

Postby Tesla » Thu May 21, 2015 6:51 pm

The Professor looks dejectedly at the roll of tin foil that Brett is ignoring. He puts it away with a visible pout.
Suddenly he grins and his head twitches side to side.
Leaning in close to Brett again
"What's green........and fuzzy and would kill you if it dropped out of a tree onto you?" He asks Brett, the head twiitch pausing at the same time he paused his question.
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Taranis » Thu May 21, 2015 7:42 pm

"Add Bob to that list of yours." Alex says to Brett
"guy went out with a hell of a bang. Wouldn't have expected anything less from him."
He then turns to the "professor" with a look of snark,

"Is it your moldy sense of humor?"
-Alexandre Herne
"They want monsters? We'll show them monsters."

OOG: Matt
Taranis

Postby Owle Isohos » Thu May 21, 2015 9:02 pm

Kelsey moved to stand next to Brett, putting a hand on his shoulder to offer whatever comfort she could. "Yeah...Bob...I hear he went to the ER one too many times. The doctor's couldn't save him - the Darkness was the only one there. And Bob wanted to live. If he hadn't done what he did, we'd all have died, but..." She shook her head. "Fuck it. He wanted to help us. Like Adam did."

She let that hang in the air for a minute, then turned to Brett. "Oh, and in case we aren't having enough Adam flashbacks, a bunch of the local kids are planning to go summon Blind Molly this Halloween. Our current plan is to Scooby Doo them - we stage a fake Blind Molly, and maybe we can make sure they don't summon the real one."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Nick Sleet » Fri May 22, 2015 1:43 am

As the flies begin to subside, Nick slows down the racketing.

"And he did help us; we live to fight another day, and lose another ally. I wonder how long we can keep that trade going?"

The manic grin finally fades, but he continues to stare fixedly into the dark.

"But that's war. And we are at war. We need to realize that and adapt."

He swivels his gaze back at Brett.

"Think of yourself as a war correspondent."

He shakes his head, and like a mask his usual cheerfulness slides into place.

"Just remember, Kelsey, not to volunteer to be blind Molly. I give even odds that the kids manage to trip up and accidentally summon her in the geographical vicinity. Either that or they'll discover it was the undertaker all along and be cursed as "meddling kids".
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Tesla » Fri May 22, 2015 3:19 pm

The Professor turns to Alex and stares a 5 foot hole through him, the whites of his eyes visible, and a dark glint lurks behind them
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Taranis » Fri May 22, 2015 8:32 pm

Alex attempts to stare back at the professor, but feels a chill down his spine and quickly looks away.

"You, uhh... ummm... carry on!" He quickly walks away into the diner.
-Alexandre Herne
"They want monsters? We'll show them monsters."

OOG: Matt
Taranis

Postby Tesla » Fri May 22, 2015 9:13 pm

The Professor grins and turns back to Brett
"A pool table" He states simply
Turning back to Kelsey, he hands her a chocolate mouse and then walks away down the hill, humming "The Ride of The Valkyries"
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Owle Isohos » Fri May 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Kelsey looked at the chocolate mouse. Then she looked at Nick.

"Long enough, I hope," she said, answering his earlier question. "Want chocolate?"

She attempted to pass the morsel off to him before it melted in her hands or attracted more of the damn flies.

"We'll make Mr. Jones be Blind Molly. He's got the hair for it, and besides, he volunteered."

The medic stared after the Professor as he made his way down the hill. "Bye, Alex," she said absently. Then, to Brett, she added, "Oh, and the Professor's possessed by a crow spirit or something. Not really sure what's going on there, but it seems as benign as anything ever gets around this place."
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Nick Sleet » Fri May 22, 2015 9:47 pm

"Ah, so that's what's going on..." Nick says, a sardonic twist to his mouth. "Everything makes sense now!" He takes the chocolate, thinks for a second, then sets it off to the side.

"So have you found anything out while you were away, Brett? Plenty of time for digging for clues..."
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby HecateSkivvy » Tue May 26, 2015 12:49 am

Leslie is on his way out of the Diner to pester Alex when Adam Campell's name comes up.

Embarrassed, he instead chooses to lean against the wall to the left of the door, listening in on what folks have to say about the matter. Best not get any more involved in the gossip than needed. I already had to lie to those jocks last Saturday... Never again, on all fronts.

Leslie knows what did did wrong, and he knows who's job it is to fix it.

The inner monologue continues... I can't talk to either of the kids; In fact, it's best if I stay away from them. Hannah is a walking xanax prescription, and Billy is looking for role models. I'm a risk for both of them, at least, until the time comes. At that point, I will fulfill my promise. "In the meantime..." He mumbles out loud, barely audible even to himself.

Proximity is no requirement for guardianship. It's all about where the pieces lay, and I'm going to be there when they need me. I promised Adam; he's my creation, and he's my responsibility.

Leslie sighs. Having thought loudly enough about his two cents on the matter, he skulks back into the heart of the diner.
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

PreviousNext

Return to AAA Diner