[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - New Year, Same Problems

New Year, Same Problems

Re: New Year, Same Problems

Postby Madrigus » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:57 am

Madrigus listened to the conversation quietly, minding his food, though he nodded at Sally thankfully at his choice of words. Finally a question was directed at him and he swallowed, his free hand going unconsciously down to the bag at his feet to touch the warm stitched binding of his book.

"I'd like to see someone try to take this from me. I'm not much of a fighter, but I'd do everything in my power to kill them. Also, if we're keeping track of who is dealing with potential dangers, I've been doing as much research as I can in regards to those eyeball-tentacle monster things, so you should probably put those down under my name."
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Rhyan » Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:22 pm

::Harry is off in a corner of the Diner, as usual, sitting on the bench that he recently brought in to supplement the seating. With a deep sigh he stands up and walks over to Sally::

If we're talking about things in our past that might come back to haunt everyone.... Well there is someone who is looking to put my brother and I six feet under. He hired a couple of goons that put some lead into us earlier this year. Anyways, I know it sounds like my problem, and I hope to be the one to fix it, but in the interest of the town or whatever... I did some digging...and guy goes by '-S' apparently its all the craze this year to have your pseudonym be a letter. Guy created a financial institution called, get this 'Parasol Limited' and funded a number of projects through it. On the up side I like knowing what kind of number is on my head. Guy then made 'Parasol' dis-a-friggen-pear. I'm pretty good when it comes to surfing the net, I mean Johnny Tsunami ain't got nothing on me, and this thing was gone. No, it never existed. That's not the scary part. Well at least I don't think it's the scary part. Everyone has heard of shell companies, names on paper used to shuffle money? Well this '-S' guy put his money into McGregor and took it out again to clean it, using Mcregor like a shell company. I'm saying this to make myself seem smart, I'm not. This guy though. He's coming at Matt and I hard and fast, and he missed last time. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried again, and further, based on his methods previously, he will come at us anyway he can I think, and it might put the town in danger. Even better, I have no idea why he's after us. It might be because of what my dad did for work, it might be because of what I do for work. What ever his reason, it may affect the town, it may not. I don't know, but knowing is have the battle. G-I Joe.
Rhyan

Postby Sally » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:32 pm

Sally nods along to Madrigus and says, "I seem to recall you drawin' my revolver an' puttin' down them Gasmasks nutters, so I feel right sorry fer whatever dumb fuck tries booknappin' yer-" he gestures to the book, "Cuz I doubt the re-sponse they get'll be as clean as Wynona's bullets."

He then grabs the page in question and updates it:

PAGE 12:
RYAN N MADRIGUS- LEO
BUG HEAD
Giant Eyeball Monsters that scarin' them Moths

When Harry approaches, Sally waves and asks him to pull up a stool. He listens with a furrowed brow, and says, "Well, shit. I'm glad yer bringin' that up. If you don't mind- if one of our more in-vest-igatin' sorts were to take an interest in helpin' track down some infa on this S., would you be down wit' that?" He shrugs towards Eden as he says this, but then Sally glances to Dr. Zinc's corner, clicks his teeth, and says, "I know the Corp'rate game a' thrones is full a seek-rits an' such, but if we ken get sights on who ever's got a sight on ya'll..."

Sally pulls out the page for AMT, and adds;

Page 6:
AMT; ZOEY N ASH- HARRY n MATT
BLACKSTONE
S. (Corp. Littlefinger with gunthugs)

"...Then we ken smoke 'em 'fore they clear they holsters." Sally looks to Mason, "Or... have the S-E-C 'r whatever gov'ment body deals with that business deal with that business. Either way." He looks to Harry, "Thanks fer the heads up- this 'xactly what we need ta be doin'."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Eden Jones » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Eden had been listening quietly as the conversation flowed around her. From across the room, she seemed to be absorbed in the task of folding her cupcake wrapper into different configurations, but it was clear to those at the table that she was paying close attention to what was being discussed.

Taking Sally's cue, she turned to Harry, "My own resources are tapped, but I'd be happy to help out in whatever way I'm able, if you like. I'm not terribly technologically inclined, but I'm sure you've got that angle covered anyway.You might do better at tripping this guy up by coming at him from an angle he doesn't expect. We can talk more later, if you want."

Turning back to Sally, she grins, "No hillbilly bloodfeuds that I know of. It would be more interesting if I could say it was due to the fact that my ma's people wiped out their enemies to a man, but the boring truth is they've always gotten along well with their neighbors. It's true that Ida Mae Farlow is still bitter about my grandma kicking her ass in that baking contest a few years back, but it was her own damn fault for using a store-bought pie crust. Other than that," she shrugs, "we're in the clear."

She looks over at Madrigus speculatively, "So, what's the deal with that book of yours, if you don't mind me asking? I've heard it's, ah....awfully lifelike."
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby Madrigus » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:48 pm

Madrigus smiled knowingly at Sally. "You wouldn't be wrong in that respect." And he ate another fry, considering Eden's question seriously before responding.

"In all honesty, Eden, I've not much of an idea. It's special to me because my mentor, or rather, the one who set me on the path of magic, gave it to me right before she disappeared. I've been searching for her, hoping she could tell me a little something more. All I do know is that it'll help me on my path. As for her I've a vague clue that she's in London, but nothing else. It's consternating not knowing how to go about finding her but I've been... reluctant to ask for help. Being what I am and what she is I would expect, and wouldn't be surprised, if people were unwilling to aid me." He looked a bit sullen at this, and toyed with the food in his hands.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Rhyan » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:33 pm

I'm digging into -S on the tech side but I've learned never to look a gift horse in the mouth. As long as I get to have a long 'chat' with him before all is said and done, I'm a happy camper
Rhyan

Postby Henry Gondorf » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:04 am

Henry stepped in out of the cold looking a trifle worse for wear. The warmth of the fireplace and kitchen reached towards the front. Even weakened by distance it punctuated how frigid it was out. He could almost believe he blinked a few ice crystals away before he donned his glasses. Seeing so many gathered around Sally made him itch for a good minute. He then reminded himself any trouble coming would have to make it past the migrating polar bears and ornery penguins to get here.

Henry made his approach but stopped short of the knot ahead.

" What's the rumpus, folks?" He asked. Gondorf did his best to get both Eden and Harry with the greeting.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Sally » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:46 pm

Sally looks to Madrigus, "I ain't know shit about shit, but if they is somebody that ken help you witcher business, we'll find 'em, an'-" as Gondorf walks in, Sally, nods towards him, "Speakin' a folk-finders like Eden, there's anotha, right there." He waves to Henry.

As the man approaches, Sally looks to Eden, his eyes heavy, "I have seen blood shed over pie crusts. I'll admit that," then shakes his head, "But good to know ya ain't got no McCoy's on yer six."

"We just takin' stock a' peoples' stocks an' wha's stalkin' em," Sally says, pleased with himself. "Tryin' to account fer Bogeymans that might come a callin' fer folk, so we can head 'em off at tha pass."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:18 pm

Henry gave a small smile at Sally's compliment. He found a nice spot up wind from the fireplace and took a seat. Henry absently scratched at his stubble as he weighed his words.

"I wish I could give your hand a break there, Sally. Thing is a good detective knows when to bark up the wrong tree. I've barked up trees so bad The Carpenter Ants build coffins in their spare time. The good news is I've put most of the trouble well behind me. The bad news? Well...what's kept up with me knows how to hold a grudge." Henry said with a wry smile.

"I'll level with you guys. I am not sure under what rock I kicked this holy horror out from under. I don't remember running afoul of the clergy as of late. But if you spot a preacher poking around here that don't know how to bless you and keep a snappy beat to it, watch yourself. Not so much the preacher. Can't say I've heard him so much as raise his voice much less try to thump me one with Good Book. It's the muscle he keeps company with you have to watch for. The lummox has a hard time taking a hint. Such hints include: .45's and various other calibers about him, a third of a drum from a Thomson, bricks and rebar, and..." The last coming out in a quiet rush.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby Sally » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:47 pm

Brow furrowed, Sally listens with a slightly agape mouth.

"Man, I reckon you hang 'round in one spot too long, er'rythang'll turn black an' white in tha backgroun'," he says, "Gun thugs and fake preachers, huh?" he shakes his head, grinning some, "Tha's somethin' I ken git in fronta!"

He scribbles down 'Preacherman Gun Thugs on the page with Henry's name listed, and looks back up to the group, "See, this here, this is bondin'. This is fore-thought. We ain't gettin' caught wit ou' pants round ou' ankles again," he said, clicking his teeth some.

"Anybody spotted any 'a these new ent-ries? This S. fella, 'r these thugs, 'r any other weird shit that ain't mentioned?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

PreviousNext

Return to AAA Diner