[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - A Shrine to the Fallen

A Shrine to the Fallen

Re: A Shrine to the Fallen

Postby Micheal Strife » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:08 am

Mike continues to work. He never seems to break his focus from the task at hand

"Thank you for the names, I'll make sure that ll have a place."

He stops for a moment and looks up

"It is not for us to judge the actions or passions that drive us and those around us. How we chose to be and what we chose to do speaks for us as us. I do not curse anyone for hat they have done without accepting the fact that I am just as flawed. We are better because of the people who have gone before us. And as such we should strive to take what they did for us, make it part of us, and be better for it. Gus was a flower in winter that we looked to for for a lot. But i think the seasons are changing and I wonder what the garden will show now."

Mike looks at everyone and smiles

"This is a shrine to us and for us. I'm rather sure that we will be attaching more names and pictures to it before this is all done. so if there is some symbolism you want to see ill try and make it into the shrine."
Micheal Strife

Postby Brett » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:11 am

Making his way up to the fireplace Brett places a certain fire axe upon the mantle, with a small etched sign underneath. Not the best work, a better one could be made, but the letters were at least legible.

"In Case of Darkness, Kick Ass"

"I got a real good picture of Gus, once it develops i'll make sure it gets where it needs to go..."
Brett McKinnon, Host of "White Noise" THE source for news THEY don't want you to hear!

~Tom!
Formerly Pastor Ethan Talbot (LE) Huron York (The Calling) and William McGillivray (Lovecraft Legacies)
Brett

Postby HecateSkivvy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:17 am

Leslie squints at Mason. Can't help but get snippy, can you? I suppose its only natural to get defensive. You were his, after all. Leslie does not speak the implication, but his eyes meet Mason's as Mason speaks.

He says, "If we're to measure by sensibility, Gus was certainly the best of us. The most personable, by far. I'm going to miss him."

When Sally reveals his letter, Leslie unconsciously reaches for his own, hidden in his left pant pocket. There are no more tears, but an oily wave grief has washed over the fire within.

Leslie is a tempest in an oil spill, and somebody lit a match. Woe unto the man to traverse the pyrrhic sea.
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby Eden Jones » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:54 pm

Eden walks in and pauses in front of Michael's shrine. There are dark smudges under her red-rimmed eyes, but her face is composed. She smiles faintly and nods.

Sitting down and cradling a cup of tea in her hands, she looks up at Leslie. Her voice is weary and slightly raw, "Mason's not denigrating Gus, Leslie. He's just saying we shouldn't beatify him. These are real people we lost, and we do them a disservice by holding them up as an idealized icon instead of who they actually were."

She gets up and walks over to the fireplace. "That's fantastic, Brett. Just amazing. I'd like to see that picture when it's developed. I should check with my brother to see if he has any others." She smiles at Mason, "I remember seeing a good one of the two of you shortly after you got back from your tour. Even if we don't put it up here, you might like it."
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby PoeticJustice » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:01 pm

The haunted expression on Alice's face doesn't set her apart, but for the first time in her life helps her blend in. The exhaustion was heavy on her shoulders, weighing them down. She watches the discussion happen, but doesn't contribute. Can't contribute. Can't bring herself to put to words the swirling storm of emotion in her mind. But the sharp clarity that has never been tangible is there. The bright edge that keeps her here in this place, rather than curled up in a ball, lost in her own personal demons.

Who needs inner demons when there were so many out here?

Speaking of the devil, she realized that Gabriel's hand was on her arm, a look of concern on his face but she shrugged it off and shook her head.

Like a magnet, her eyes were drawn to Sally as he entered, and she watched his route from start to finish before rising and following after him. Without even needing to look back to acknowledge Gabriel's questioning expression, she waves a hand behind her to shoo him back without missing a stride.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby HecateSkivvy » Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Leslie takes a deep breath. Eden's voice soothes the storm somewhat. Still, though, Leslie's head's all foggy in a way it hasn't been for a long, long time. I thought I was done with this kind of fear, he thinks. His hand comes out of his pocket. I thought this was over.

He looks back at Mason, and finally sees the grief in Mason's face. Whatever Fell's tone was, defensive or not, he's probably hurting in ways beyond your capacity of knowing, Leslie. This is not the place for a supernova. Keep your composure.

"No, Eden. That's not what I'm saying at all. It's just... I... Gus... Ad- *urk* I'm-I'm sorry." He puts his head down, and his shoulders shake a little. Another breath.

"I have to g-"

Nope. Can't finish the sentence. Here come the tears. And there goes Leslie, right out the door.

Graceful.
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Mason closes his eyes painfully and nodes to Eden as she explains what he meant. When he opens them, they are moist but he's able to keep himself together."

"Yeah, I'd like that. I was actually thinking of seeing if he has one of him with his family. Its how he would want to be remembered, not as a hero, not as a saint, but as a man."
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Micheal Strife » Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:29 pm

"And that is what I intend to show all of them as. Just people we knew and loved for who they were." Mike continues to work. He is a steal drum of calm, showing no emotion, the storm of sadness around him swirls but he keeps working. His had is the only part of him that betrays this calm. They work with fevered twitches as they dance over the shrine.
Micheal Strife

Postby Nick Sleet » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Nick walks in and glances at the shrine. An approving smile flits across his face as he walks Mike work.

"An excellent idea. I think having a tribute and memorial will be good for us; a touchstone for remembrance."

He walks towards the fire, pulling out a journal and a pencil, and settles down to work.
Nick Sleet - Private Investigator, Diogenes Club

"Curiosity may have killed the cat, but it's going to have to try harder to do me in..."
Nick Sleet

Postby Nixon » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:26 pm

Quietly, Hartighan enters from the back. He sees Victor in the corner, and the others arrayed around the "shrine". He stops and looks confused before continuing to the booth where he and Nile stow their gear. He packs the bags and puts them on the table.
Ignoring the others he walks over to the shrine and speaks to it... or starts to. Nothing comes out.
He checks his pockets but they are empty.
He glances around quickly, and tries again.
No. Nothing.
Hartighan goes to walk over to Gabriel and Alice... and stops short. "We're heading back to upstate NY. You know how to reach us. Nile won't come in. Everything is messy. Don't let the winter pass without coming to visit."
Hartighan walks past Mason Fell and stops respectfully. "I meant what I said. I will hold true to everything I promised Gus while I am here. And I appreciate your keeping his promises to me. It is more than I would have asked for. As a matter of fact, I fully expected my protection to go away with Gus, and it is a far greater testament to his..." And he chokes the word, "legacy... that others would jump to honor his cause."
And this causes Hartighan has a sudden thought... and with it, he strides back over to the shrine...
And speaks to it.

"I will be back. That is what you have sown. And with my lord's blessing I will assist any who seek to end this blight."
"Thank you for seeing past my...
...goodbye"

And with that, Hartighan heads to Pandora's corner. Chats with any and all over there, then will grab Nile's bags and leave town.

But he and Nile plan to return in the Spring.
:twisted:
IC: Elderd Hartighan - regular guy. Have Nile, will travel.
NPC: regular at Shadows of Amun
Bicolline: Asher Fells, Ordo Cervi - Captain of the Heavy Footman
Nixon

PreviousNext

Return to AAA Diner