The Professor's notebook

Re: The Professor's notebook

Postby Sally » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:04 am

At some point, Sally Lautner is going to stumble by all of this, read through it slowly, and ask,

"What in tha blue fuck is all this?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Tesla » Tue May 19, 2015 4:32 am

The Professor found a pile of books in his "In Box". There was a small note attached stating he should contact Professor Juntz, the great grand daughter of the author of the first book. She's staying at the local Motel in room 454 at the moment, but she has access to many of her great grandfather's personal journals.

Translation of the first book

"The Cannibalism Taboo Within Pre-Colombian American Culture"
Witten by S. J. Juntz

(The book in, by far, the best condition out of those present. You surmise it may only be a few years old, in fact, if even that, and the publishing date on the inside cover supports your theory. It seems whomever last owned this book did not find much of interest with in it, for the pages still smell of fresh paper and the imageless hardcover's in perfect condition.)

..therein, although as explored by Fiddler's son in his private writings, the so called psychosis may be considered a mental disorder in the majority of cannibalism cases. These are troubled minds in need of medication, and in some circumstances, time spent in asylum. But methods such as these will not cure the hunger for human flesh in those possessed by the Wendigo spirit. For the majority of men and women believed to be suffering the disease, signs and symptoms are not shown in the earlier stages. It is a plague of the mind, slow swelling with physical conditions later accompanying. The hunger, of course, being the most obvious, The hunger of a Wendigo does not compare to that of mankind. It can be expected to begin small and negligible. So small, that perhaps a change in appetite might be noticed long after a change of mindset. In newer Wendigo, I surmise the hunger begins as a craving for new and exotic foods. Only developing into a worrisome curiosity for the taste of flesh within a few weeks. A dear friend in the psychology field has noticed the occasional trend for patients inquiring about cannibalism, what a desire for the flesh might mean and seeking medical treatment. While certain drugs may be of use for such cases. In what I believe to be his Wendigo patients, the hunger's not suppressed, anxious or dulled down by medication. the cravings remain even if the anxiety surrounding it does not inflict.
I believe the use of drugs to suppress the hunger could, in fact, enable the individual more peace of mind to act upon the urge. I believe Wendigo are made, not born. Although whether the spirit can be passed down to a child born to a Wendigo mother is curious. I am led to believe the need to devour human flesh becomes so overwhelming in Wendigo subjects, that it may override any and all sexual desires for the flesh entirely.
Let us refer once again to the research of Bills. Subjects showing possession of the Wendigo spirit for under three months reacted positively, when shown images of an erotic nature and negatively when shown images of flesh and references to cannibalism. However, these same subjects then tested ten months following the previous test, reacted equally when shown images of an erotic nature, as when shown images of a non erotic nature. Thus proving the Wendigo are desensitized to their other moods and senses by their ravenous desire to devour human flesh.

Bills, "A study of the Wendigo Psychosis" 1978

It appears equally surprising that the hunger is cured only by satiation there of. According to Bill, subjects were given fragments of cadavers donated by Science and were satiated only a short time before craving again. The taste of flesh appeared to only bolster the craving and make them hungrier, more restless and more violent despite any length of time passed between meals. Those in the later stages, were shown to refuse common food entirely. Instead, becoming dangerously violent in efforts to reach the scientists monitoring and feeding them. It should be mentioned that Howard F Bills died to unknown causes at the ripe age of 56 before completing his 2 year study on men and women he believed to be, in part, Wendigo. The status of his subjects Obscured, Security and it's employees has not been released to the public with the exception of his research logs, published publicly by a secretary who refused to speak on the state of Obscured, Security . The building was torn down in 1991without public announcement.
The question is thus, how did these folks become Wendigo. I see two possibilities. A common human may begin to suffer from the Wendigo spirits.
The first is that the subject is bitten by a present Wendigo, similar to the transmission of the werewolf virus, in common myth and folklore. Which I believe could have been inspired by oral tradition, passed down from when the Wendigo population boomed among the Native Americans. Contrary to this however, according to Bills, who studied the biological composition of the both earlier and later subjects.
the Factor that determines a human from a Wendigo does not lie in its atoms, cells nor blood. They grow no fangs and bear no cavities in which a toxin could be housed, such as with poisonous viper. But outside of a visible deterioration of the body and mind, there is no biological difference between myself and a Wendigo among the later stages of psychosis.

Bills, "A study of the Wendigo Psychosis" 1978
The Second possibility is that the subjects are literally possessed by a wandering spirit, be it a demon, ghost or liberal Wendigo. But proof of this is unverifiable. A drive for cannibalism is an inhuman trait present only in the most warped of minds. Not especially uncommon in serial killers, for example. When the drive becomes present in a human mind, it appears to change the mental composition of the individual or serve as sign for deeper cause for worry. If possessing of a Wendigo or a serious mental disorder, their personality is changed. Those in later stages of Wendigo, are noted, not only to act no longer like themselves but behave akin to feral animals and no longer show signs of discretion and Morality.
Bills mentions that accompanying the progression of the hunger and the late stages of the Wendigo is power not seen in humans and thought beyond the limits of the human body. In his research he writes, "Subjects showing physical feats incapable by the common human body. I have removed my employees from the neighboring surveillance room, following a blow to one of the iron doors that bent it off the hinges after attempting to turn down the temperature to near freezing levels, to encourage subjects to keep still and warm, but they appear unaffected by cold when the temperature was lifted to Balmy levels. The Wendigo became increasingly restless, noisy and visibly troubled. The creatures grow stronger by the day. I fear we will not be able to contain them without a solution

Bills, 1978
There is no Wendigo without the hunger, no cannibalistic blind, no hunger in any creature but Wendigo. If the hunger is cured, if the Wendigo spirit forced to depart from the body, is there a resurfacing of the fully human personality from within the unwithered human brain? As evidenced by Fiddler and his son, the Wendigo of Native American myth were not cured but hunted and eliminated before the hunger possessed them to a point of indomitability, as seen in Obscured, Security inc. Shortly before his capture and execution, Fiddler expressed in his private journals a terrible guilt for hunting the Wendigo and Browse Idea for curing the hunger in less lethal means. Though he no longer had the means to perform his thoughts for a ritual. He suggested the use of Fire among theorists, and a ritual of purification. I believe he was captured and executed before he detailed in full the ritual. What Fiddler does add however, is that while the spirit of the Wendigo can be banished and the hunger numbed, if not removed in full, the...

That's all of it folks, hopes it helps. Wish I knew where this book came from
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Sally » Tue May 19, 2015 5:25 am

Sally Lautner enters the AAA with a very large cup of coffee in his hand and a length of saran wrap around his wrist. A freshly inked tattoo appears to be curing under the plastic, its shape somewhat reminiscent of crescent moon and heart inlaid into a sailor's collar.

Strange that it should be fresh ink since that very image had been on Sally's arm the entire length of his stay in Whisper Hill, already.

As he passes the Professor's library and spots the antique books, he dives for Challenger's notebook and reads the translation.

"Shit shit shiiiiiiiiit," Sally says, looking around. He hollars out for the Professor a few times, and when that gets him nowhere, he leaves a note on the back of a copy of The Last Free Voice.

Mr. Rousseau, the Antiques dealer had them on his table. Thought you might like em. Good job transliteratin- JD will sure appreciate it. Give a holler to any of us in Clan Walker when you got a sec.- Sally

After leaving the note, Sally takes of quickly, and can be heard mutterin' "Lori, Darlin..." and perhaps something like "Appetite Suppressants."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Tesla » Tue May 19, 2015 10:58 pm

*The Professor cocks his head to the side*
"It seems ...... I have Sally and JD to thank for this pile of books. I'll be ....working on them through the week. I also ....seemed to have come across some charcoal rubbings of strange symbols. I'll get copies of those into my notebook here soon."

Animism and Preantropic Belief Among the Peoples of the Steppe
Written by Chloe Davisson
For the most part, this book is undamaged despite nearly 30 years of rotation. It has a pocket in the front side cover with a library card and a number of foreign names you do not realize. It was last checked out in 2004....huh

Written in Uralic

…and although the Panath were omnivores in diet, they spent the four months of the spring season fasting, eating only natural grains and greens as they grew with the changing season. They believed that if the greens were eaten as soon as they were grown, their people would not ingest the evils carried by the wind that are created by gossipers.
During the Summer, Fall and Winter, the Panath feasted on a variety of cooked meats and appear to have been one of the first civilizations to salt and dry their meat into lasting jerky. Despite basing their settlements between migrations, along lakes and rivers, the Panath were not fisherman. Nor did they travel at all by boat.

In fact, despite a renowned ferocity, the Panath feared water and sea life. Like “Set” to Egyptians, the Panath god of Chaos was a water dwelling monster condemned by the other gods to live in the clouds and away from his kingdom under the sea. The Panath believed the Chaos sea-god, Yuguroti, to send the rains upon them when disappointed and when infuriated, sent the storms to strike their horses and flood the crops. Fearful to anger Yuguroti, the Panath refused to catch or devour fish, believing all bodies of water to be a part of the Sea-god’s abandoned kingdom.

Much of the supposed ferocity of the Panath appears to be attributed to worship of Yuguroti, as well as a fear of a ater dwelling entity called the Chul-chul. Never identified in full in Panath books, but believed to be sea-dwelling denizens in association with Yuguroti. The Panath were known to hunt down offenders of the sea; many a fishing village was sacked by the siege of horsemen Panath. Resources seem to point that the Panath were terrified of the water and the life there in. With a few of their writings quoting monstrosities and children of Yuguroti seen in the water. It is unclear whether the Panath spoke of these creatures to tame troublesome children or if it was a common belief.
Secondary to the Sea-god, Yuguroti was the God of the Harvest, Balisk, whom the Panath believed housed the sun in his right eye; his left eye, the moon. He was blinded by Yuguroti in a battle that lasted one thousand years. The Panath believed themselves a people blessed by and protected by Balisk. They believed wild stallions were created by Balisk for their use, and that any horse tamed by strangers were Panath property. The widespread belief that the Panath were thieves is not incorrect, alternatively the Panath considered themselves entitled and were fast to reject the culture and traditions of societal life throughout Russia. Outsiders were considered threats unblessed by Balsik, not potential partners, and the Panath relished their freedom and natural way of life. To ensure their freedom was maintained the nomadic Panath migrated several times a year, rotating throughout the Russian coastline every few months. The Panath were deadly on horseback, preferring the bow and arrow and avoiding steel and heavy weapons. Speaking a customary language unshared by local settlements, diplomacy was impossible for those wishing to calm sieging Panath tribes or questing captives, and usually led to physical conflict. Always seeking sacrifices to burn towards their worship of Balisk and Yugurito, the Panath viewed attempted diplomacy as targets drawn on their tribe by the gods for purpose of sacrifice, and did not hesitate to desecrate and torment strangers towards blessings and continued protection of their pantheon.
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Tesla » Sun May 24, 2015 5:45 am

Translation of
"Tales from the Kingdoms: Stories and Folktales from Ancient Egypt"
by H. N. Williams

Apep (Apophis)
Apep was a huge serpent(or crocodile) which lived in the waters of Nun or in the celestial Nile. Each day, he attempted to disrupt the passage of the solar barque of Re. In some myths, Apep was an earlier and discarded Sun-God himself. This helps to explain the snake's strength and the resentment of the daily journey of the sun. In Seth's battle for the throne of Egypt, he claimed that he was stronger than Horus because it was he that stood at the prow of the solar barge and defeated the enemies of Re. A solar barge is a mythological representation of the sun rising in a boat: it is also present in other mythologies such as Norse and Greek.
Apep was a genuine threat to Re and his daily travels. At times, he was successful and when this occurred, stormy weather would occur. When Apep swallows the barque, there was a solar eclipse.
He never had a lasting victory though because of the prayers of the priests and religious. A book called "The Books of Overthrowing Apep" contained a list of his secret names and a number of hymns that celebrated Re's victories. According to the book, Apep had been previously killed, hacked to pieces, dismembered and thrown into the abyss, However, he always came back to life to attack on the next day. Egyptians would go to the temples and make images of snakes out of wax. They would spit in the images, then burn and mutilate them. Doing this and reciting the spells in "The Books of Overthrowing Apep" helped ensure Re's continued success and victory over the snake.
Titles of the chapters of the first book are as follows
1. Chapter of spitting upon Apep
2. Chapter of defiling Apep with the left foot
3. Chapter of taking a lance to smite Apep
4. Chapter of fettering Apep
5. Chapter of taking a knife to smite Apep
6. Chapter of putting fire upon Apep
7. Chapter of beating Apep with the fist of the mummy

Following books described in detail the destruction which will fall upon Apep. According to these, Apep will first be speared, then sliced with red-hot knives so that every bone of his body has been separated, his head, legs and tail are cut off. His remains are then scorched, singed and roasted, finally to be consumed by fire. The same fate awaits Apep's confederates and everything which formed part of him, them and all their offspring (their shadows, souls, doubles and spirits).

The 80 years of contention between Horus and Seth
Horus, the avenger of Osiris, came before the Ennead. With his mother beside him, he spoke of the cruel murder of his father at the hands of Seth. He spoke of the usurping of the throne of Egypt. The gods were impressed by the eloquence of the falcon-headed one, and they pitied him.
Shu, son of the crator, was first to speak;" Right should rule might. Mighty Seth hath force on his side, but young Horus hath justice. We shalt do justice unto Horus by proclaiming, Yes! Ye shalt have the throne of thy Father!"
Thoth, lord of wisdom, spake unto the Ennead, "This is right a million times!"
Isis gave a great cry of joy. She begged the north wind to change direction westward to whisper the news unto Osiris.
Lord Shu declared, "Giving the throne unto Horus seems right to the whole of the Ennead! Thoth shalt give the royal signet ring to Horus. We shall crown him with the white crown!"
And, to this, Seth proclaimed, "It is I who slay the enemy of Re daily. It is I who stand in the prow of the bark of millions of years, and no other can do it. It is I who should receive the office of Osiris!"
the gods knew the terrors of the serpents of chaos. They muttered that Seth was right. Horus, lord of light, spake and said, "Shall one give offense to the uncle when the bodily son is there?"
Isis became furious at the Eannead for not speaking in favour of the son. She complained to them until, for the sake of peace, they promised that justice should be given unto Horus.
Mighty Seth was angered. "How dare ye cowards break thine oath! I shalt fetch my great septre and strike one of you down with it each day! I swear that I will not argue my case in any court where Isis is present!"
Horus made his complaint against Seth: "It is now eighty years we are in the court, but they do not know how to judge among us. I have contended with him in the hall of the way of truth. I was found right against him. I have contended with him in the hall of the horned Horus. I was found right against him. I have contended with him in the hall of the field of rushes. I was found right against him."
In the trial, Re-Atum asked this important question: "What shall we do about these two gods, who for eighty years now have been before the tribunal?"
Geb, lord of the gods, commanded the nine gods gather to him. He judged between Horus and Seth; he ended the great quarrel. He made Seth as king of southern Egypt, up to the place in which he was born, which is Su. And Geb made Horus king of Egypt in the land of northern Egypt, up to the place in which his father was drowned, which is the division of the two lands.
Thus Horus stood over one region, and Seth stood over one region. They made peace over the two lands. That was the division of the two lands.
Geb's words to Seth, "Go to the place in which you were born." Seth: Southern Egypt. Geb's words to Horus, "Go to the place where your father was drowned." Horus: Northern Egypt. Geb's words to Horus and Seth, "I have separated you." Lower and upper Egypt.
Then Horus spake and said, "It is not good to defraud me before the Ennead and to take the office of my father Osiris from me!"
Shu and Thoth persuaded the court to send a letter to Osiris. After a time, the messenger returned. He bore an angry letter from the king of the dead. Osiris demanded to know why his son had been robbed of the throne. He demanded to know if the gods had forgotten that it was he, Osiris, who had given the world the precious gifts of barley and wheat.
Re was offended at Osiris' words. He returned a letter of arrogance. After many days, another weary messenger returned. He bore a second letter from the lord of the dead. Thoth read it aloud: "How good are the deeds of the Ennead? Justice has sunk into the underworld. Now, listen to me; the lord of the dead is full of demons who fear no god or goddess. If I send them out into the world of the living, they will bring back the hearts of evil-doers to the place of punishment. Who among you must come, at last, to the beautiful west?" At these words, even the creator was afraid.
The it seemed wrong to Geb that the portion of Horus was like the portion of Seth, So Geb gave to Horus his inheritance, for he is the son of the firstborn son.
Geb's words to the nine gods: "I have appointed Horus, the firstborn, him alone, Horus, the inheritance. To the son of my son, Horus, the Jackal of southern Egypt...the firstborn. Horus, the Opener of Ways."
then Horus stood over the land. He is the uniter of this land, proclaimed in the great name
Ta-Tenen, south of the wall, lord of eternity.
Then sprouted the two great magickians upon the land. He is Horus who arose as king of upper and lower Egypt, who united the two lands in the name of the wall, the place in which the two lands were united.
Reed and papyrus were placed on the double door of the House of Ptah. That means Horus and Seth, pacified and united. They fraternized so as to cease quarreling in whatever place they might be, being united in the House of Ptah, the balance of the two lords in which upper and lower Egypt had been weighed.
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Tesla » Wed May 27, 2015 1:10 am

LOST CITIES OF CENTRAL AMERICA
By Isabella Wick & Lawrence Diday
Considering the publishing dates, “Lost Cities” to 1984, this book has held up decently well over the years. It is heavy and smells of library. However, a number of the book’s maps and charts- despite most unofficial and attributed to artists, not atlases- have been torn out page by page, with the text remaining intact to the spine. Lovely.

The Submerged City of Atlantis
Atlantis, or the “Island of Atlas,” was an underwater utopia first mentioned within an allegory on the hubris of nations in Plato’s works “Timaeus” and “Critias”, where it represents the antagonist naval power that besieged ancient Athens. In the story, Athens was able to repel the Atlantean attack, unlike any other nation of the (western) known world, supposedly giving testament to the superiority of Plato’s concept of a state. At the end of the story, Atlantis eventually falls out of favor with the gods and famously submerges into the Atlantic Ocean. Whether Plato knew of the existence for Atlantis or crafted a concept eerily similar by sheer chance is unknown. But references of, and relics believed to have originated from the city of Atlantis after it’s submersion when it sank out of history books and, surviving the ocean, entered a private utopian period marked with prosperity and discovery as proven by mysterious relics often found floating in the ocean. Another hypothesis includes that Atlantis sunk into the sea, settled on the ocean floor and only then, condemned by Poseidon, and sunk deeper into the earth’s core. Its current state and location are unknown.
The allegorical aspect of Atlantis was taken up in utopian works of several renaissance writers, such as Bacon’s New Atlantis and More’s Utopia. On the other hand, 19th century amateur scholars misinterpreted Plato’s account as historical tradition, most notably in Donnelly’s Atlantis, The Antediluvian World. Plato’s vague indications of the time of the events- more than 1,000 years before his day – and the alleged location of Atlantis –Beyond the Pillars of Hercules – has led to much pseudoscientific speculation. As a consequence, Atlantis has become a Byword for any and all supposed advanced prehistoric lost civilization and continues to inspire contemporary fiction, from comic books to films.

Lemuria, The Lost Continent
Lemuria is the name of a hypothetical ”lost land” variously located in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. The concept’s 19th century origins lie in attempts to account for discontinuities in biogeography. However, the concept of Lemuria has been rendered obsolete by modern theories of plate tectonics. Although sunken continents do exist – like Zealandia in the Pacific as well as Mauritia and the Kerguelen plateau in the Indian Ocean – there is no known geological formation under the Indian or Pacific Oceans that corresponds to the hypothetical Lemuria.

Though Lemuria is no longer considered a valid scientific hypothesis, it has been adopted by writers involved in the occult, as well as some Tamil writers of India. Accounts of Lemuria differ, but all share a common belief that a continent existed in ancient times and sank beneath the ocean as a result of a geological, often cataclysmic change, such as pole shift. Several mythologies point to Lemuria as a sinner’s land, now removed fully from the surface as its people were undeserving of sun and sky.

The Lost City of Z
The Lost city of Z is the name given by Col. Percy Harrison Fawcett, a British surveyor, to a city that he thought existed in the jungle of the Mato Grosse region of Brazil. This mysterious city is referenced in a document known as manuscript 512, housed at the national library of Rio de Janeiro by a Portuguese slave-hunter who claimed to have visited the city in 1753. Though the slave hunter did not provide a specific location, in the account, he described the city in great detail “The city was embedded deep in the earth, reachable only after hundreds of miles of a pathway underground. He claimed Z was once a home to the ancients, now empty in ruins with treasures and relics strewn throughout, and assumed the people dead from a widespread plague. Fawcett allegedly heard about this city in the early 1900’s and went to Rio de Janeiro to learn more and came across the earlier report. He was about to leave in search of the city when World War I intervened. In 1925, Fawcett, his son Jack and Raleigh Rimell disappeared in the Mato Grosse while searching for the lost city of Z.
Although the search for the lost city was made in the Mato Grosse, manuscript 512 was written after explorations made in the Sertao of the province of Bahia.

The quest of El Dorado

An alien indian, hailing from afar, who in the town of Quito did abide and neighbor claimed to be of Bogata. There having come, I know not by what way, did with him speak and solemnly announced a country rich in emeralds and gold.
Also, among the things which them engaged, a certain king, he told of, why disrobed upon a lake, was wont board a raft, to make oblations as himself had seen.
His regal form overspread with fragrant oil on which was laid a coat of powdered gold, from sole of foot, unto his highest brow, resplendent as the beaming of the sun.
Arrivals, without end, he further said, were there to make rich votive offerings of golden trinkets and of emeralds rare and divers other of their ornaments and worthy credence there things, he affirmed. The soldiers, light of heart and well content, then dubbed him El Dorado and the name by countless ways was spread throughout the world.

The Mythical Island covered in Mist

Brasil, also known as Hy-brasil or several other variants, is a phantom island said toile in the Atlantic Ocean, west of Ireland. Irish myths described it as cloaked in mist except for one day every seven years, when it became visible but still could not be reached. The putative island has similar roots to other mythical islands said to exist in the Atlantic, such as Atlantis, Saint Brendan's island, and the Isle of Mam.

"Half of page torn out
Nautical charts identified an island called "Bracile" west of Ireland in the Atlantic Ocean as far back as 1325, in a Port Olan chart by Angelion Dulcert. Later, it appeared as Insula de Brasil in the Venetian map of Andrea Bianco (1436), pictured above, attached to one of the larger islands of a group of islands in the Atlantic. This was identified for a time, with the modern island of Terceira in the Azores.
Expeditions left Bristol in 1480 and 1481 to search for the island, and a letter written by Pedro De Ayala, shortly after the return of John Cabot (from his expedition in 1497), reports that land found by Cabot had been "discovered in the past by the men from Bristol who found Brasil."
In 1674, Captain John Nisbet claimed to have seen the island when on a journey from France to Ireland. He stated, the island was inhabited by large black rabbits and a magician who lived alone in a stone castle. Roderick O'Flaherty in a chorographical description of west Orh-Iar Connaught (1684)tells us "there is now living, Morogh Oley (Murrough Olaoi), who imagins he was personally on O'brasil for two days, and saw out of it the Isles of Aran, Golamhead*by letter mullen*, Irrosbeghill, and other places of the west continent he was acquainted with."
Hy-Brasil has also been identified with Porcupine bank, a shoal in the Atlantic Ocean about 200 kilometres (150 mi) west of Ireland and discovered in 1862.
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Tesla » Wed May 27, 2015 4:45 am

STRANGE TALES FROM THE ORIENT
Chinese Folklore & Mythological Index
You weren’t sure this book could get any more beaten up without falling apart until you touched
it—and the pages promptly started to detach even worse from the spine. Pages are missing and
torn, ink is blotched, it looks like someone read this with a handful of cheese curls... And to top it
off, the text is missing chunks of information. According to the back of the book, it turns out the
text is pulled from what remained of rapidly crumbling ancient tablets, presented with as much
clarity as the stones would provide. Well, isn’t that just dandy...

THE STORY OF BOAR
A reckless boar once............. ugly.... lonely,”........... and so......... beautiful song. Boar
walked into.......... a dragon of the North Shores with wings like the............. daggers and
skin like iron. Boar asked put........ sleeping for.......... The............ pulled the
teeth of the dragon and...................... of ivory. The boar ..............away the skin
of the dragon and wore it as a man wears his cloak in the cold mornings.... winter. As the boar
left the cave, moth............. “What a beautiful.......... and Boar replied, “It is mine.” The
boar walked into mountains to............ Hare of the Q’in......... as large as the sea, with fur
white as marble and eyes starry like the night sky. The boar.......... and it fell asleep, and
the boar took the knife................. from the dragon’s teeth, and cut........... threw
aside the dragon’s skin, and wore........ pelt and.......... down the mountain. As Boar walked
a........... said, “What a beautiful white pelt you have!” and the boar replied, “It............
Then the boar walked to the sea and............ sang until the Shark........... not. The Shark
was........... birthed the earth............... belly and saw the teeth of dragon and the
pelt.......... said............ beautiful dagger and cloak you have!”................... boar
..........“It is mine.”............... ate the boar....... returned........... and pelt........
dragon and hare. Abide this lesson..... you should never....... you.......... ‘t have.

THE SMILING DRAGON
In a time......... Jin Dynasty...... once........ Lóng Wéixiào..........
............ One thousand servants bent at........ Four Storms and the Four Winds that
turned and clashed....... first of the year.................... last day..............
year. On the........... Lóng Wéixiào........... to the emperor and said..............
for the Evil Dream....... it.................. be,” for he was a skeptical man. The
cursed Lóng Wéixiào............. and the skin melted from his bones....... his days in an urn of
.................and forevermore. Lies and deceit.......... catch up........... even the most
powerful and intelligent of people. Honesty...................... reward.

THE.......... AND THE WEASEL
There once was a weasel and............. Weasel and Lark were very good friends.
The weasel........ Lark........ race.......... two rocks on top of the hill. If I win I
.......on your back. If you win.......... underground.” Lark agreed. After....... found
.........rocks... missing.......... Weasel, “The race is over, I won.” Said Lark, “........... rocks
are................. race is not over,” and Lark flew on. Lark flew.......... flew.......... ..the world
twice, when......... two rocks, by the coastline, taken from the hill. Underneath
......snail made of pure gold. The snail said,............... have............. very hard. I will grant
you............. of the world, the........... will never go hungry or thirsty.”........ Lark returned
..................Weasel..................... said, “Look at all I have received, and you have
nothing.” The weasel........................... but Lark poked out his eyes like worms from
the dirt.................. snail........... of this and said, “A cruel and hateful creature
become................... wealth. A frame.................. to suit................ Lark
grew twice.................. demon called Xunshang of the Greed.................. condemned
..................his days stealing from the......................... This............. will always
..............what you deserve............. work hard.............................. modest.

THE GOURD OF XIA SHIAO TEMPLE
A gardener named Jiu Chun once.................................. and was very proud. The
temple.......... each day and each night............. feasting......................... goods. One
day......... harvested a gourd more brilliant a color than the sun. When............... he kept
the gourd secret for himself. For ten years Jiu Chun did not eat the gourd because it was too
beautiful. When................ found the........... broke... open,................ came 27
demons................ envy, greed............. lust................ betrayal, anger
......, solitude............... and................... The spirits swept into the world
...................................one sin leads to another.
Last edited by Tesla on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Samantha » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:25 am

Vanessa walks into the diner and sees the Professor's translations on the table. "Oh, good evening Professor did you finish the translation?" as she asks she sees it on the table. "Oh good, thank you." she looks genuinely grateful "do you mind if I make a copy of it?"
Vanessa 'Ness' Beckett, M.D.
Samantha

Postby Tesla » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:06 am

"Be my guest, Doctor. Though you may have to make a hand copy. The only copier in Whisper Hill has been low on toner for 6 months or so. That's why I put my notebook out there, to let people read and copy if they need to"
*chews on his pipe some*
"There will be a slight delay in the last translation. 'Songs of the Faire Folk'. I'm waiting for some reference books to be shipped up here to finalize it."
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby Tesla » Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:40 am

Finally was able to translate the last book. I had to send down to Yale to get a few history texts to make sure the translation was as true as possible

SONGS OF THE FAIRE FOLK
Fairytales of Ireland and England
A collection of English, Irish, Scottish, and Welsh fairy tales written in 1913. The text seems to
vacillate between actual stories presented from a folklore perspective, often in the form of
lithographs of the original ancient carvings, and descriptions and analyses of specific mythical
creatures such as barghests, redcaps, boggarts, and the cait sith. A few stories seem particularly
well read, the pages dogeared
and worn, some text underlined in pencil...

THE STORY OF SYR DANNEDD

One of the oldest examples of Welsh oral tradition includes a man named Syr Dannedd, the
greatest hunter in the land who refuses to share his bounty with a stranger of the woods. The
stranger is a fairie, who curses him to spend the rest of his days blind, unable to enter houses and
forever tied to the outdoors where he once was lord. The fairytale serves to teach children to
share and to help those less fortunate than themselves, and is believed to date back thousands of
years.

Once, a very long time ago when the moon and sun were children, a hunter named
Syr Dannedd lived in a small home with his family in the village where he was born. Syr
Dannedd was the greatest hunter beneath the baby sun and moon, so great that the
animals in the forest cried out to him each night, “Syr Dannedd! Syr Dannedd! Please take
me for your bounty!” And the next morning, Syr Dannedd would take his knife and arrows
into the forest and brought home enough food to feed his village for weeks, and from the
mouth of each animal he took a tooth and wore it around his neck to remember the
creature‛s sacrifice. And so it went.
One night, the animals cried out to him, “Syr Dannedd! Syr Dannedd! Please take me
for your bounty!” And the next morning, Syr Dannedd took his knife and arrows into the
forest to hunt. He caught many animals that day, and each one of them was grateful to be
skinned and eaten by the great Syr Dannedd. Again he took a tooth from each creature
and strung it around his neck.
As Syr Dannedd walked back to his village with his bounty, an old man in the woods
stopped him. “Please, Syr Dannedd,” said the old man, “won‛t you give me something from
your bounty?”
The old man was very small and very sick, but Syr Dannedd replied, “I do not know
you, old man. I have to feed my family and my village.”
“Please, Syr Dannedd,” said the old man, “won‛t you give me a tooth from your neck?
You have so many, and they are all so bright and beautiful.”
Said Syr Dannedd, “I will give you nothing, old man. I wear these teeth to honor the
creatures whose sacrifice allows me to live on.”
Then the old man grew very angry and became a fairie, and the fairie said, “You are
a wicked man, Syr Dannedd. You would honor animals before you would honor a fellow man
and stranger. Live among them, then, here in the forest made forever dark to your eyes!
Hunt them and eat them, then, with the teeth you pulled from their mouths!”
And Syr Dannedd became blind, for the eyes shriveled into his head, and the teeth
of his mouth fell out and became collected animal teeth, and the fairie left him. And the
animals of the forest cried out, “Syr Dannedd! Syr Dannedd! Please take me for your
bounty!” But Syr Dannedd could not longer hunt them. And the people of his village cried,
“Syr Dannedd! Syr Dannedd! Please give us from your bounty!” But Syr Dannedd had
nothing to give, and listened from the woods as his people starved and died. To this day
Syr Dannedd lives on in the woods with no eyes and a face full of animal teeth, hunting bad
little boys and girls who do not share with people in need.
POOKA, THE
Kevin

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

PreviousNext

Return to AAA Diner