[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Posted on the board

Posted on the board

Posted on the board

Postby Skavian » Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:13 pm

KEEPING UP APPEARANCES

There is a noticeable difference in environment since many of us trucked in from outside areas to the scenic and remote Whisper Hill community. As an outsider accustomed to remote places in difficult parts to get to I can speak to the need to "blend in" with whomever lives there in order to keep things on the level. Normally I wouldn't feel a need to express that to folks as these sorts of things work themselves out eventually one way or another, but I am not so sure that will be the case here. In the interest of safety for my Union boys, the locals whose lovely community we are guests of, and for the authorities whose job it is to keep us safe I am proposing that we start laying some ground rules on what is an acceptable "status quo" to abide by for behavior.

Now, I know that some folks feel differently about this issue: I get that. But not all of us feel safe, and are understandably flustered by the situation. I am hoping that if you would like to see some kind of order though that you'll get in touch with me to talk and we can hash out what that'll look like. I invite anybody who agrees with the concept of "blending in" to let me know. I am also looking for ideas on how to make that happen. I want to respect this community and make sure that we're welcome to stay long-term.

Please contact me directly and don't clutter up this board. If it seems a discussion needs to be had based on replies I'll get everybody together that wants to have a meeting:
Mr. Krenshaw
Local 424 Field Representative (rank 3)
Shadegrove Condominiums
Skavian

Re: Posted on the board

Postby Madrigus » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:43 am

Somebody has stuck a post-it note to the bottom of the sign, written in a pretty, curling cursive:

"Seems that plaid and hunting licenses are the norm around here. Should start with that.
~M.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Greige » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:37 am

Sometime after the board is put up, one morning a piece of poster board appears over it, covering it. The words are written in drips of black spray paint, the words messy, but legible.

"I don't blend. Deal.

Love,
Jack"

...at least the culprit didn't spray paint the board.
"There are secrets even the desert sands cannot hide. All one has to do is dig."

Jackal, aka Paul (real life), aka Ashren (fables), aka "That creepy mannequin at Clockwork Skies"
Greige

Postby HecateSkivvy » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:26 pm

Somebody drew a happy face.

:D
Leslie-Evan Marshall,
"Dance, Puppet, Dance!"
HecateSkivvy

Postby PhilFromAccounting » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:14 am

Someone has put x's through the eyes of the happy face and scrawled the words "I'M A HUGE NERD" underneath it. How rude of some people.
Phillip Gormley

You may remember me from such roles as: Agent Leonard Lawson (Lovecraft Legacies), "Doctor" Marcel Montet (Clockwork Skies)
PhilFromAccounting

Postby illuminatisvie » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:35 pm

*The poster-board has been removed and placed into a nearby trash barrel. A new sign has gone up, made from black paper, written on in neon green ink, and covered in various party and music silhouettes in contrasting neon colors.*

WANTED: DJ
Must provide own music.
Music must consist of EDM, Electro-Swing, Trance, Techno, Hard House, and the like. (Top 40's snorefest music DJ's will be ridiculed and shamed.)
Must provide own playback device. Sound system optional and a plus.
Applicants should send a sample track list to Mr. Jones at 2 Shadegrove Condominiums. (OOC PM me or email mr.jones@worldendtavern.com)
illuminatisvie

Candy! 05/08/14

Postby redraverfae » Thu May 08, 2014 12:12 pm

There's a new piece of black paper with reddish-pink writing on it, from a colored pencil probably:

Good morning all you happy people!

In light of recent discoveries, I've found I've still not come to terms with some stuff.
So! Rather than end up on the six o'clock news, I'm going to climb a mountain
to find myself something inspirational about this situation.

Fear not! Should you need anything crafted, now is the
time to ask! Mr. Jones can see it delivered
and handle the main transactions, so you should contact
(OOC: PM him or e-mail at mr.jones@worldendtavern.com)
him or me right away!

P.S. Enjoy the rave! Super-bummed to be missing it. - Red Raver

redraverfae

Postby illuminatisvie » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:29 pm

OOC: Flyer removed
Last edited by illuminatisvie on Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
illuminatisvie

Postby Sally » Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:22 am

Sally Lautner stares at the sign for Club, his head cocked. His a bit sallow around the edges

Ondrej Beer would be a mighty harsh temptation, but havin' to pay fer it might keep some distance 'tween him and the booze.

He wasn't too sure 'bout no penguin, but... a masquerade mask?

Eyes wide, Sally sort of spaced out for a moment, staring into the distance and trying to remember if... yes.. oh yeah, he was pretty sure... he had one of those. A' course, last time he tried to get into Club Binary, they sorta turned him away at the door, and not long after ... he wount up in another kind of party.

Shuddering, Sally shook his head. Masquerade mask. Yup. Have one of those.

Of course, he didn't have the tuxedo to go with it, but...
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Madrigus » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Someone has used what seems like a whole box of tacks to fix an old, ratty piece of cardboard next to the party poster and used a black marker to write the following:

FORTUNES
1 credit or a meal
Partial meals = partial fortunes
See Madrigus

*for those who have had fortunes told, I have a new, different deck*
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Next

Return to AAA Diner