[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Wizard's Dilemma

Wizard's Dilemma

Wizard's Dilemma

Postby Madrigus » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:48 pm

I'm wondering about the mechanical interaction of skills and things.

Say I spend AAA to activate Magic Bolts. I then use three crafted items to refresh AAA. Could I then recast Magic Bolts and have 10 packets to utilize, or do the castings not stack?

I'd assume the same answer for similar things like Primary Shield and Hellfire Bolts.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Re: Wizard's Dilemma

Postby Taranis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:59 pm

If it counts as "granting" yourself the packet attacks, then theoretically you should be able to do that, as you can have up to 3 grants at once, but I'm no GM. Given, I am fairly sure you would have to rest separately for refreshing each of the two grants.
-Alexandre Herne
"They want monsters? We'll show them monsters."

OOG: Matt
Taranis

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:09 pm

Re: Resting, as long as it's rest and not activity, you could reset all at once. You are considered resting for all things that require rest while resting.

I think the Bolts are an Imbue though, so I have no idea.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Taranis » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:48 pm

Well, the "resting" for the skill is really "meditation" and doesn't count towards the meditation of other skills if i'm not mistaken, but I could be wrong.
-Alexandre Herne
"They want monsters? We'll show them monsters."

OOG: Matt
Taranis

Postby Ariel » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:05 pm

All this is prefaced by "I am not staff", but here's how this would work according to Core.

As Alice stated, all things that require "Rest" can be done simultaneously. Wizard packets are Rest - I know, because you can rest to reset Wizard packets, Bound packets, and Primary Shield simultaneously. Compare this to the new skills in Battlemage, which explicitly state that they are Activity, not Rest, and therefore can only be reset one at a time.

As to whether or not the bolts stack, should you purchase a metric fuck-ton of Air, let's go to the skill description:

"While the grandiose explosions are nice, wizards sometimes opt to slowly pound their targets to jelly. It’s more disconcerting. You may spend AAA while meditating for 2 minutes to call “Imbue to Self by X.” You may then throw 5 packets for “1 Damage by X.” You may reset these packets by meditating for 2 minutes any number of times. This ability expires when you Reset. When taking this skill choose one of the following to be X: Fire, Wind, Stone, Ice, Sound, Lightning, or Acid."

There is no clause in this skill description that states that you cannot have more than one copy of this Imbue. Think of it this way - when you cast the spell, you get a buff with the following text:

"You may throw 5 packets for “1 Damage by X.” You may reset these packets by meditating for 2 minutes any number of times. This ability expires when you Reset."

If I get a second copy of that buff, it just means I have five more packets to throw before I need to take a knee for two minutes and get them back.

As a side note: the Grant rules are a little more complex than just "max 3 Grants". You can have one Grant Protection, one Grant Armor, one Grant Vitality, one Grant of each stat (air earth fire water void), and three Granted attacks and/or defenses.
Ariel

Postby Deeg » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:57 pm

::runs by with hair on fire::
we're talking about this, will get back to you sooooooon

::runs off into the distance::
Deeg
Site Admin

Postby Coco » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:08 pm

Occam's Razor GM & PC Liaison -- coco@occamsrazorlarp.com
Fifth Gate's Callista Swan (Wrathborn)