[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Timers and Age

Timers and Age

Timers and Age

Postby redraverfae » Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:17 pm

Yo, question:

Is it okay for me to be using my music (MP3) player as also my timer so I know how much time has passed based on the song (the iTunes counts up and down, depending on the settings)? Also, how long is sixty seconds or so supposed to be? As fast as I can count, or the mp3 Timer way? I ask because I had a couple of peeps tell me Red was too slow about healing, so I was afraid I was doing it wrong and thus not getting peeps back into play fast enough?

I am also worried about breaking character too much with the Mp3 player if it is bothering other PCs, especially since I thought Whisper Hill is supposed to have technical issues when it comes to phones and things, right??

Cheerfully confused,
- me. ;)

redraverfae

Re: Timers and Age

Postby Jacob » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:00 am

Yo, answer:

Yes you can use an MP3 player as a timer. As per the rulebook, closed system electronics generally work ok or, sometimes, better than outside of Whisper Hill (Sheriff Winter's cell phone gets crap reception a lot of times, but he can use it as an MP3 player in his SUV perfectly fine.).

I'm assuming you're using headphones. Ambient music from PCs might not be the best idea.

I will say that 1 minute = 60 seconds = 60 seconds = 1 real world minute. People tend to count fast when they get excited (e.g., while larping), but it should be a full count.
Jacob

Postby Tesla » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:29 am

Truth
That's one of the reason I use the hourglass for therapy. I know I can't count 5 minutes anywhere near accurately. But I've timed it and it's accurate for 5 minutes.
I've never had a problem with your MP3 player Red and I don't think anyone else is either. Using it to time effects sounds like a smart idea.
Kevin
-Character: Douglas Rook
-Formerly known as Professor John Challenger
-Position: Rook for The Lady in White

"Time to feed the Crows"
Tesla

Postby redraverfae » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:32 pm

Thank you, dudes! :-)

redraverfae

Postby Henry Gondorf » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:16 pm

I try hard to keep the count in Korean. Even when rushed, pronunciation keeps it closer to a minute.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Return to Rules Questions