[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - Research: A Primer

Research: A Primer

Research: A Primer

Postby Coco » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:38 pm

Occam's Razor GM & PC Liaison -- coco@occamsrazorlarp.com
Fifth Gate's Callista Swan (Wrathborn)
Coco

Re: Research: A Primer

Postby Coco » Wed May 13, 2015 12:25 am

Updates and rewording above. Have a re-read. :)
Occam's Razor GM & PC Liaison -- coco@occamsrazorlarp.com
Fifth Gate's Callista Swan (Wrathborn)
Coco

Postby Henry Gondorf » Wed May 13, 2015 12:42 am

Having read this above post I have two things to say.

1: Thank You! Grey Areas begone! Off with you beyond the realms of reason and or Nyquil fueled explorations into dreamscapes.

2: About the proper use of description in Info Skill postings: BALLS! Knew I should have gone for broke during those times at home.
People come to me looking for the truth as it suits them. They look for a happy ending to their troubles. Too bad for them. I don't do happy. As to putting an end to things, The Truth often does a fine job with out me.
Henry Gondorf

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed May 13, 2015 12:57 am

Thank you so much on clarifying 5 & 6! That distinction is important and I'm really happy to have it stated.

Also all of this is really helpful, thank you!
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Eden Jones » Wed May 13, 2015 1:34 pm

Question on point # 2 -- I know we are required to ask the exact same question if we want to pool our points. Is it only the specific question that needs to be the same, or the whole researchy kit'n'caboodle? You mentioned phrasing being important and skills/backgrounds adding flavor -- would that flavor, er, poison the pool?

As in, could we do the following:

Player 1: Project Wavy Tresses -- Using my Secret Sartorial Society connections, I'd like to use my 2 Intrinsic Points to help try and figure out how Bob gets his hair to look so good
Player 2: Project Wavy Tresses -- Given that I have Rank 3 in the International Hairdresser's Cabal, I'd like to use my 1 Intrinsic Point to help try and figure out how Bob gets his hair to look so good
Player 3: Project Wavy Tresses -- I have super spiffy hacker skills and am hopeful that Bob purchased any hair care supplies with a credit card. I'd like to use my 3 Technological points to help try and figure out how Bob gets his hair to look so good

First of all, would those research points all stack in this example? Second, is there anything to be gained/any point in mentioning relevant connections or skills or whatnot in our questions? Or should all 3 players just send in "I'd like to use [X] points of [Y] to to help try and figure out how Bob gets his hair to look so good" and leave it at that?
“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby Merana33 » Fri May 15, 2015 4:50 am

...I'm suddenly self conscious about my hair...

Why do you think I wear a hat all the time? Because it contains the cowlick of dooooooom! :lol:
~Tony Vassard
Regional Director of asset management, Blackstone

James (IRL), Robert "Bob" Grey (OR), Dr.Elden Tyrel (LE), Toy (TIPS), Charles "MIT" Sullivan (LL)
Merana33

Return to Rules Questions