[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - flurry pause against packet chuckers

flurry pause against packet chuckers

flurry pause against packet chuckers

Postby Clockwork » Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:20 pm

how do you tell the flurry pause is over? is it just a second after the last swing?

"Packet props cannot be used while you are being hit. Successful melee attacks interrupt your ability to
throw packet props, forcing you to wait for one full second before attempting to throw again. You are not
allowed to throw packet props during the Flurry pause of an attacker who just hit you. Missile and packet
attacks will also interrupt your verbal if they land while you are speaking it, but you may begin a new verbal immediately and do not have to wait for one second in these cases. An interrupted ability is not used up and attributes or their equivalent are not wasted, but you must begin the verbal again. Some creatures may have the ability to throw packet props even while they are being hit. They will indicate this by saying "Focused"
before the attack verbal when they make the attack"
-- Hougan Quay de Robespierre
Clockwork

Re: flurry pause against packet chuckers

Postby Jacob » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:24 am

Essentially someone can whack you three times before they have to "pause." While they pause, you can throw your packet.
Jacob

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:08 am

If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Jacob » Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:22 pm

Jacob

Postby Madrigus » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Woah, I missed that rule. That in the beta book? I wanna read that section.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Postby Jacob » Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:52 pm

That's core Accelerant, I don't think it's changed recently. Also, bear in mind that almost any packet related thing in the rulebook doesn't require a verbal when you throw a packet. Most *tend* to be "grant to self" thingies that you can just pop off later. Worth looking over your skills to check.
Jacob

Postby Madrigus » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:00 am

I know my skills like the back of my hand, but I should actually read the core accelerant rules. When I learned at LE I always had someone to ask so I don't actually know all the core rules.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby Jacob » Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:31 am

I... what... hippo?
Jacob

Postby Madrigus » Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:18 am

How's this: I've never read the core rules, I only know what rules I've been told
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby Jacob » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:34 pm

I understood. It was the 'belief' part that was giving me issues.
Jacob

Next

Return to Rules Questions