[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4768: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4770: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4771: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4772: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3826)
Occams Razor • View topic - several questions

several questions

several questions

Postby Madrigus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:28 pm

1) What is this mysterious "bleeding" effect? I see a few things that deal with it but nothing that says what it is.

2) How do the Bound go about collecting souls? Like, do they shake hands, sign a contract, notify the archdemons with a text? I'm sure all the Bound would like to know that one.

I swear I had more questions. When I remember them I'll put them here.
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)
[*Deadbolt from Lost Eidolons]

Point Total: 2,650
Madrigus

Re: several questions

Postby Jacob » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:28 pm

1) Bleeding is not an effect. Occam's Razor strictly abides by the rules and limits of the core Accelerant system.

2) Good question. Good luck!
Jacob

Postby Madrigus » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:46 pm

I suppose that's one way to dodge them questions
"Desperation will turn any mortal to the darkest secrets hidden in the darkest vaults."
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby Jacob » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 pm

The first one is a logic problem that I'm sure you can figure out. I have faith.

The second one was a dodge. But a clever one!
Jacob

Postby Madrigus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:39 pm

So either I should be asking what the bleeding "condition" is, what the bleeding "trait" is, or just assume that my potentially incorrect assumption is correct?
-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:36 pm

When you are dropped to 0 Vitality by uncalled damage (someone hitting you with a weapon/dart/packet/whatever without a number attached to it), you are unconscious for 5 minutes but stable. When those five minutes are up, you can stand up with one Vitality. If you are hit by anything during those five minutes, you become Unstable (AKA Bleeding Out).

If you are dropped to 0 Vitality with called damage (someone hits you with a weapon/dart/packet/whatever while saying a number, with or without a trait), you are Unstable (AKA Bleeding out). If you are Unstable for one minute without receiving some kind of aid (Healing, First Aid, Stabalize), you die.

When you are dead, you lie on the ground for five minutes playing a dead body before "turning into a spirit" and meandering off to wherever Staff sends dead people in this game ^^;

It's in the Core Accelerent Rules, around Page 15 in the rulebook on the OR site, if you want more clarification.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Postby Owle Isohos » Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:59 pm

There was also a "Bleeding" trait that was inflicted on PCs at one of the Adventure Days, which as near as I can tell worked like any other trait. That is, it had no mechanical effect besides making life unpleasant whenever an NPC called "1 Damage to Bleeding".

Which brings me to a point I wanted to clarify. If I have an ability that lets me "Cure Bleeding", that means it removes the "Bleeding" trait, right? Am I correct in assuming it doesn't stabilize people who are "bleeding out"?
-Kelsey Graham (that medic with the black fedora and the purple coat)

-aka Lauren (OOC)
Owle Isohos

Postby Eden Jones » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:05 pm

“Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.”
― Winston Churchill
Eden Jones

Postby Madrigus » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:31 pm

-Madrigus (Brendan)

Madrigus

Postby Wolfman2006 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:57 pm

Yeah that about covers it, there is no "Bleeding out" in Accelerant rules. That is simply a commonly used term to explain someone who has the "Unstable" trait.

Yes, "Bleeding" is trait that you may be inflicted with, and need to have removed.
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Next

Return to Rules Questions