Outside the Medical Tent

Outside the Medical Tent

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:51 pm

[Branched from to try to avoid clutter: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=248&start=20]

Alice paced, visibly struggling to catch her breath while she looked along the horizon. Her arms alternated between being wrapped around herself and hanging down by her sides, fingers spasming. She swallowed heavily and looked down at the ground and then back towards the horizon.

"It's fine," she said to herself. But it wasn't very convincing. If it was fine why was she shaking? Flashbacks, of course. Waking up to white walls and medical equipment-

She spasmed violently, shaking her head as if to clear it. Another life, or maybe a dream. Who was to say? She looked down on her hands. No blood. Just had to remember... no blood. That was something, something in the plus column. No blood. She kept looking at her hands as if to remind herself.

She looked back towards the medical tent, trying to keep her hands from shaking.
If this is to end in fire
Then we should all burn together
Watch the flames climb high into the night
Calling out for the rope, sent by and we will
Watch the flames burn on and on the mountain side hey
PoeticJustice

Re: Outside the Medical Tent

Postby Sally » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:15 pm

Standing just outside the Medical Tent, Sally stays clear of Alice and let's the woman have some room to breath.

"Now, it might be an imposition on my part, and is more'n likely against doctor's orders, but you look like ya need a drink there, missee."

Sally reaches down to the pouch on his belt, flips the flap open, and pulls out his battered flask.

"'This here's the last I could snag of ol' Gondorf's Japanese Rotgut- bit of a kick , but it grows on ya," he says, offering up his wares. There was somethin' in the way she twitched that look familiar, but Sally couldn't quite place it.

"Or, if you're a teetotal'lr, my boy JD over there's up on all that hippy breathe-in-breathe-out one with yer surroundins Woodstock bit," he gives a nod back the way he came, to the card table.
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby PoeticJustice » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:35 pm

Being addressed caused the woman to stop, every muscle going still. It was like she hadn't noticed him, and in her current fragmented state, that wasn't that unlikely. She turned and studied him for a moment. When recollection dawned on her, she visibly relaxed and, somehow, all of the pieces seemed to realign and settle into place.

"There is one person in this world who I would easily call 'friend', and that person is Ondrej. Maybe you know him?" she smirked slightly. "I think the Czech would have disowned me by now if I did not drink with him..."

She stepped forward to accept the flask, and take a swig before handing it back. Her eyes grew distant as she processed the taste. A small shiver passed through her.

"Although he might disown me for drinking this as well..." she said after a few seconds of consideration.
PoeticJustice

Postby Sally » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Sally takes a swig from the flask before caching it, and says, "Ah, yeah, good ol' Vlk! Along with Dr. Zinc, he's been my guardian' angel these last few weeks. Nothin' hits the spot like an honest-to-god cold beer." Sally considers his fortunate circumstances- without Vlk and Gondorff's various brewings, he'd have been in an ugly state.

And speaking of this place leaving you in a state...

"So you doin' all right? Word's started spreadin' that this here gilded cage of ours 's got some cats creepin' round," Sally asks, unable to stop himself from glancing towards the snipers' rookery. "Sounds like they was dead set on you gettin' worked up right then and there- any reason you can think why?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby PoeticJustice » Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:08 pm

Alice's eyes move around the horizon and she shrugs, her frown cold.

"They gave me a few appointments already that I never showed for," she slipped beside him and kept her voice casual, leaning against a support beam. "Seemed like they sent White to make sure it got done," she shrugged. "I tend to... read as a problem child to Suits. If they didn't have so many guns in such a small space..." her voice trailed off and she shrugged again.
PoeticJustice

Postby Sally » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:26 pm

Sally gives a nod, and keeps his eyes to the Medical Tent,

"Well, I can't recall that last time I _didn't_ have a prollem er two with suits, myself," Sally says. "Though, ain't never had much a of an issue with an abundance o' firearms in my general vicinity. I was waddlin' round my front porch with a .22 shortly after diapers, if my mah's one to be believed. Ain't sayin' she is, but, it would account for my line of work, any way."

With a shrug, Sally gestures to card table, where JD has camped out for the for moment.

"Suppose I should take my turn gettin' poked 'n' prodded though, feel free to take m' seat at the table, ma'am."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

Sally

Postby PoeticJustice » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:54 pm

She considered his words, turning to look back to the table. She looked after Sally for a minute, opening her mouth to say something before she looked down and frowned deeply. Her weight shifted back and forth and back and forth. And slowly, very slowly, she trudged towards the card table. She let her eyes flit around, looking for more men to level guns on her.
PoeticJustice

Return to Quarantine Zone