Doctor's Appointment

Re: Doctor's Appointment

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:42 pm

For her part, the gentle chink of chain calls Dr. Kennigan's attention with a slight raise of the eyebrows, but after a quick, awkward glance over the shackle, she rather pointedly doesn't notice it. Regaining her professional and somewhat gruff composure, she clears her throat and ties off his arm. "'M sure everyone's a bit edgy after earlier. Darn shame, but s'pose sometimes you have to do what needs to be done," she repeats from earlier, perhaps to reassure herself. "And no one's excited about being cooped up here, lemme tell you." Ellie taps for a vein, still and draws his blood with no trouble.
Eleanor R. Kennigan, M.D.
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Wolfman2006 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:29 am

Mason's eyes glaze over when Ellie says sometimes you have to do what needs to be done momentarilly lost in thoughts far away. He gently shakes off whatever had filled his head and gives the Doctor a pleasant smile.

"Yeah I suppose thats a good way of looking at it. You need anything else from me?"
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:00 am

"No," Ellie says, writing his name legibly across the vial, "you're free to go if you like. Thank you for your help earlier. Hope that girl appreciates it from you."
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Wolfman2006 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:19 am

Mason nods and unrolls his sleave, trying to hide his eagerness to obscure the shackles once more.

"You don't owe me any thanks, hell I should be thanking you for reacting so fast when we dumped the problem in your lap. She is alright, and things didn't escilate with the guards, thats all that matters. Anyway thanks Doctor Kennigan, try not to let them work you too hard alright? Although maybe staying busy is better than the alternative."

Mason gives a friendly smile and nod to the doctor before stepping outside. There he nods towards everyone waiting in turn.

"G'luck everyone. Sallie, I take it back; the sober thing doesn't suit yah. When your done here come find me me, maybe we can fix that huh?"

(Mason leaves the scene)
Mason Fell
Played by Adam Hurley
AKA:Father Solomon Sahaal, Berek Son of Bjorn, Acerbus-Nox, Mugthar, Abraham Hawthorne, Malcolm Hunt
Wolfman2006

Postby Sally » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:40 pm

As Mason passes through, Sally says, "A man o' my own heart! 'F I make it out gettin' my Dracula'd by the doc and tested fer Rabies 'r what have ya, I'm fixin' to take you up on that offer! Barrin' my time in Sandlandistan, a man can only take so much water!"

Sally gives him a nod, then remembers the ladies in the entryway with him, "'Course, I'll make sure to guzzle some Ped-i-alyte first, of course. Proper nutrition n' all."

After a moment to scratch at bristly beard he'd accumulated during their stay in quarantine, Sally says, "Who's up next to give their two-hunnert drops o' red stuff?"
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

Postby Erica » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:07 pm

"I believe that would be me."

Antalya leans around to see if the doctor is ready for the next client.
Ms. Antalya Walker, Esq.

"I will rain legal brimstone down on you so hard it will make God jealous."
Erica

Postby Ellie Kennigan » Sat Mar 22, 2014 6:11 pm

Seeing Antalya's head peak in, Ellie beckons her, "Yes, yes, come in. I'm ready if you are."
Whisper Hill
Ellie Kennigan

Postby Erica » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:22 pm

Antalya smiles as she walks in and takes the indicated seat. She reads the forms on proffered clipboard thoroughly, the tethered pen hanging down, unused.

"May I see the order requesting and authorizing these exams, please?"
Ms. Antalya Walker, Esq.

"I will rain legal brimstone down on you so hard it will make God jealous."
Erica

Postby cathy » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 pm

Zoey watches Antalya walk into the exam room and looks back to Sally.

"Sally, what is it like to live outside of technology?"

Zoey pauses as if she were trying to find the correct words. "This quarentine is the closest experience I have in 'camping.' Would you say this is a close equivalent to the 'real deal'?

Zoey does a nod and flashes a smile. "I consider you the expert in this matter."
Dr. Zoey Zinc
Advanced Medtech
cathy

Postby Sally » Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:40 pm

After the Lieutenant leaves, Sally's whole bearing downshifts back to his normal country casual. He smiles at the Dr. Zinc and says, "Well Doc, it ain't so bad. I didn't grow up with none'a this stuff. Had an old radio, sure, but signal 'd be dodgy, less the weather was friendly. But, from hangin' round folks tweakin' from the deprivation the last few weeks, whereas me and mine are able to kick back an' re-lax... Makes a man more willin' to take the day as it comes, and more like to work with what ya got. Spend most of yer time figgerin' stuff out by tinkerin' than by Goog-Toobin' it on the internet. I don't get up in arms if I don't know somethin'- there's more out there in the Don't Know box than the Do Know box, anyhow. Plus, I was in the 'Stan for the stretch where e'ry body got themselves little pocket com-puters an' started twiddlin' dere thumbs 'stead'a talkin' to one another," he gives a poor pantomime of a text message, "So, 'side from the fancy G-P-S an' radio our Comm guy kept on 'im, I didn't much run into this junk."

Sally scratches at his beard- as soon as they got sprung from this pen, he was gonna track down a set of clippers and civilize himself- and says, "But, to answer yer question, yes ma'am, there's a bit of campin' to this, if you're comin' at it like cityfolk, which, I reckon..." he raises his eyebrow, "Though, it's more like a stay at for'rd operatin' base, what with the big tents and cots and showers and such. If you want to talk 'bout a real campin' trimp, well, that's a diffr'nt beast. Ya just walk into a holler and keep walkin' 'til the sun starts to fade. Find yerself a clearin', collect good strong boughs n' lash 'em together for a lean-to. Yuppies'll pack a tent, but all ya need's a tarp." Sally shakes his head, "All in, all though, bein' prepared for a little bit of everything without much in the way of supplies is more 'bout gettin' creative with what ya got. End of the day, 'slong as ya got something pointy n' sharp, somethin' that'll keep ya dry, and somethin ya can use to tie-off with, you're good."

Sally gets a big, dopey grin, "Ya ain't get more free than when you're on a mountain side with nothin' more than ya can carry! That's in my expert opinion, of course!"

Considerin' the room for a minute, Sally says, "It drivin' you nuts to be unplugged? Heck, I ain't seen much more than a typewriter and a rotary phone since we got 'ere."
Salvador "Sally" Lautner
GySgt., USMC (ret.)

"All you have is your fire
And the place you need to reach."

LL: Shaw LaMont
5G: Landry Saulteaux
Mad3: Luther Soren Wysen!
IRL: Scott LaTour
Sally

PreviousNext

Return to Quarantine Zone